• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Will Montgomery:

One less position to worry about this offseason. :)

Solid signing. It would still be awesome to see them pay a little for Chris Meyers in Houston. Monty is a decent center but he'd be a great backup!

Solid signing. It would still be awesome to see them pay a little for Chris Meyers in Houston. Monty is a decent center but he'd be a great backup!

I don't think Houston will let Meyers walk. Should get a new contract before the 13th.

I don't think Houston will let Meyers walk. Should get a new contract before the 13th.

That's what I have been hearing, but with their need to pin down Mario and Arian, do you think it's possible they will get Meyers signed too?

Good signing, monty did a nice job for us last year
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That's what I have been hearing, but with their need to pin down Mario and Arian, do you think it's possible they will get Meyers signed too?

What I've heard down here is that Mario is the odd man out.

My friends who live in Houston have also said they think mario is as good as gone as well.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Man, I hope he does not end up in Dallas. That would not be good!

Anyway, I would still like to see us bring in at least one more interior lineman to compete with Licht and Hurt. We need a starter there, the guys we have seem to be good depth.

Man, I hope he does not end up in Dallas. That would not be good!

Anyway, I would still like to see us bring in at least one more interior lineman to compete with Licht and Hurt. We need a starter there, the guys we have seem to be good depth.

I don't think he'll get much attention from 3-4 teams, and even if he does, he will likely choose a 4-3 team. I'm betting he ends up in Tennessee or Tampa - darkhorse is New Orleans (Greggggg is still looking for his next Kearse).

I don't think he'll get much attention from 3-4 teams, and even if he does, he will likely choose a 4-3 team. I'm betting he ends up in Tennessee or Tampa - darkhorse is New Orleans (Greggggg is still looking for his next Kearse).

So he might end up in St. Louis? :betterwink:

I agree he needs to be a back up where he would be a very good one as opposed to a marginal starter, but its a good signing. I dont know that meyers is gonna go free anyway.

A little update on the numbers, Montgomery's new contract is reportedly $12 million over four years-$3.5 million this year, $2.1 million in his second year, $3 million in 2014 and $3.4 million in the final year of the contract.

Considering he made $685K this past season this new contract is a decided upgrade in terms of payment for services rendered. :)

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/will-montgomerys-contract-worth-12-million-over-four-years/2012/02/28/gIQAVU0kgR_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.