• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Climbing Stock Drops this week (My book available electronically this week)

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Holy moly! It's real! The book is being released. It's been a long, long roller coaster, but I just got word that the book will be released in ebook form next week and be available in book stores at the end of April.

This is pretty incredible and far too sudden for something that took so long. At the risk of being accused of spam please let everyone you know about this. It's a great lark of a book and a clever little satire. I'm placing the Amazon and Scribed link at the bottom of this note (Mods feel free to yell at me [and yes, TB when I get my author copies, you are finally getting your signed copy])

I even have a blurb from a National Book Award nominee--

Andrew Hiller’s debut novel is a cunning Jack-and-the-Beanstalk fantasy whose evil giant is The Establishment—in part, the fee-fi-fo-fum FBI, the FTC, et cetera— In a breath, he fits half a dozen clever sayings and has an abiding affection for the old line, what historians might one day call the dyed-in-the-wool culture of these here United States.

Just as the English fairy tale has captivated the imagination of countless readers, Hiller’s version of the classic will appeal to a generation of bean counters caught in today’s web of the Great Recession.

Go Andrew Hiller!

—James Reiss, author of The Breathers (nominated for the National Book Award) & Riff on Six: New and Selected Poems

http://www.amazon.com/Climbing-Stock.../dp/0982976992

http://www.scribd.com/doc/56102163/A-Climbing-Stock

Oh, and remember, buying one is nice, but it makes a great present and buying thirty would be even better

And if any of you are great at social networking and can help or teach me how to bring these things into public attention you will earn my gratitude. I'm not the best at self-marketing.

Hey Burgy? When will it be available electronically? I'd like something to read now, any idea when it will be ready?

Casey, my manager, said this weekend it should be dropping electronically this week. He's been known to be optimistic, but I hope not because based on that I've begun talking to my media buddies.

So far, an NPR host in Michigan has agreed to chat with me as well as an ABC radio guy (Vern Bagley Voice of Veterans) and keep your fingers crossed... the entertainment director over at CNN has agreed to take a peek at my materials. Sadly, the guys I know at the Post don't know the book reviewers. I'm still pounding the pavement trying to drum up attention.

I certainly believe in what I wrote, but I don't believe in... if you build it they will come. It might happen sometimes, but usually them finding it requires someone to tell them it exists so they know to look for it :)

Did I misread this? Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #28,759 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#72 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Satire

Could this mean that I am number 72 in kindle ebooks sold :faint:

Okay, I figured it out. I am currently at No. 72 in my genre satire. Still, bloody amazing. Only two away from Shakespeare's Hamlet. Kurt Vonnegut is crushing our category.

Still, being in any top 100 list is pretty mind blowing.

Make it 5!
Congrats on your success Andrew - best of luck brother.. :cheers:

Make it 5!
Congrats on your success Andrew - best of luck brother.. :cheers:

Thanks Boone.

I honestly don't know how this translates into real numbers or how those reading it are enjoying it (or not), but I'm still on a pretty wild geek high that it's finding or beginning to find any kind of audience at all!

Thanks. Hopefully, people continue to give it a shot. It received its first customer review yesterday and it didn't even come from a family member (though given the pseudonym I suspect it was a Redskin family member).

Made me smile pretty big.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun modern spin on a well known tale July 21, 2012
By HTTR
Mr. Hiller has put together a well thought out, witty and at times laugh out loud funny modernized version of Jack and the Beanstalk. More than just a funny story, this is also about a man of conscience trying to hold on to what is good in a world filled with indifference and outright evil. I highly recommend this book!

http://www.amazon.com/A-Climbing-St...d=1342959593&sr=1-1&keywords=a+climbing+stock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.