• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Digestion

LoyalSkinsFan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alright....so the game wasn't just yesterday anymore, and I've had a chance to digest it.

It still sucks.

Yet another game where the defense just couldn't get off the field. Not gonna go crazy about that, cause I do think that tackling will get better overall. I have to say, though, I'm getting tired of Landry's propensity to just launch himself blindly at ball carriers and not actually look to TACKLE the guy. He really needs to get over himself and try to stop the ball carrier without always trying to blow him up. Some of these guys are big enough and strong enough to just turn and let him glance off them. He needs to wrap them with his arms and not always try to hit with his helmet. Hall's missed tackles are a bummer, but at least he's trying. In the end, the defense did still come up with two turnovers.....a good sign considering last years' woes. Now, if the offense could only do something with those......

I'm geting tired of hearing excuses as to why Kelly, Thomas and others are not making plays. Well, if you only give them each ONE opportunity per game, there's only so much that can be done. One end around to Thomas (that the Giants smelled out) and 1 catch for 6 yards to Kelly is simply not enough. Especially when you're running the ball 3 straight times inside the opponent's ten. Throw the freaking fade!! It worked with Marko Mitchell in the pre-season, it can work here. I'm a bit distrubed by Campbell's lack of accuracy. If you watch carefully, receivers are being forced to reach backwards and go to the ground an awful lot. If he could hit them in stride once in a while, it'll give them an opportunity to do something after the catch...and, it would avoid tips and/or turnovers. Saw it a lot on Sunday.

Oh, and is it just me, or does it always seem as if Randel El is running backwards, even when he's sprinting down the field?

Happy with special teams in general. Love Hunter the punter and coverages were not as bad as I was worried they'd be.

It for now.......now, let's get the Rams.

B

I agree about JC's accuracy issues. I think it's one of the more important skills any QB needs, but is especially important to make the WCO work. After all, the idea isn't to throw a four yard pass that the receiver has to dive for, ultimately gaining only four yards. Rather, it's to throw a four yard pass that turns into a 10 or 15 yard pass, if not more. Given the change to his previous throwing motion, I don't know if he'll ever really become accurate enough. Heck, I'm not sure if he was prior to the change in his throwing motion since I don't watch a lot of NCAA football.

Then there's JC's propensity to hold the ball too long. Which aside from the on-field result, usually ends up causing me to, well....:tantrum: The longer he's unable to fix this problem, the more he confirms my suspicions that he's the second coming of Rob Johnson.

I've counseled patience with JC and Zorn. However, if there isn't marked improvement in some of the minimal, basic skills of their respective crafts, I'll certainly be on board to say :ciao: to both of them at the end of this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.