• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Linsanity!

Lanky Livingston

I know we have an NBA thread, but this kid deserves his own. Its a fantastic story! If you're unfamiliar, Jeremy Lin is an Econ Grad from Harvard, who had bounced around a couple NBA squads (most recently cut by Golden State), and eventually signed with the Knicks. They sent him down to the D-League, but he was brought back up due to injuries.

Since then? The Knicks have gone 6-0, largely due to his play. Last night Lin hit the game-winning 3 with 0.5 seconds left to move the win streak to 6 games:

http://deadspin.com/5885220/jeremy-lin-hits-game+winning-three+pointer-with-05-seconds-left

Other notable performances:
27 pts and 11 assists vs. the Rockets
20 pts, 3 steals and 8 assists vs. the Timberwolves
23 pts and 10 assists vs. the Wiz
38 points and 7 assists vs. Kobe and the Lakers

Kid is rolling; and its not another Tebow story, either (no matter how hard ESPN wants to make it one). Who knows how long the ride will last, but its enjoyable while it does!

Yeah, he's not the next Tebow. More like the next Kurt Warner.

I'm not really a basketball fan but this is a fun story to follow. I wish the kid the best of luck.

He just broke the record for most points (and that's most points ever in NBA HISTORY) for his first 4 starts.

Wow.

MikeSr619 said:
hes on a ****ty team that nobodys taken seriously for many years. theyll figure him out and he will go from Jason "White Chocolate" Williams on the Kings to Jason Williams on the Heat soon enough.

Sounds like something a Laker fan would say. ;)

Jason Williams was never all that good, he just made a few fancy passes every once in awhile. Not sure if that comparison holds! Lin seems to have strong grasp on the fundamentals, which will take someone with his ability far.

They may figure him out in the next 10 games and we'll see why he has been cut from a couple different teams. I hope not though, and I'll definitely be rooting for him to succeed.

Yeah, he's not the next Tebow. More like the next Kurt Warner.

There are similarities and Lin does give props to Tim Tebow and he also thanks God for his current success as well as his team mates and coach.

Lin at this time does not have a meddlesome yet protective wife with an awesome rack like Kurt Warner did.

hes on a ****ty team that nobodys taken seriously for many years. theyll figure him out and he will go from Jason "White Chocolate" Williams on the Kings to Jason Williams on the Heat soon enough.

Teams haven't figured out Steve Nash yet and Lin is in the same system and with Amare and Carmelo returning they could end up being the 5th seed.
oh ya...and Mayweather is a racist.

Mayweather a racist? Yeah thats true.

There are similarities and Lin does give props to Tim Tebow and he also thanks God for his current success as well as his team mates and coach.

Pretty sure Kurt Warner gave thanks to God and his teammates too. By all accounts Warner's more than a little religious himself.

Lin at this time does not have a meddlesome yet protective wife with an awesome rack like Kurt Warner did.

Kurt Warner has an awesome rack? :p

The similarities I see between Warner and Lin are that they were both undrafted unknowns always on the edge of unemployment and making league minimum wage, who were pressed into service through injuries to guys in front of them, and who had us all going 'who the hell is this guy?' after a few games of unexpected spectacular play.

Everyone knew Tebow before he even took the field. He was a first round draft pick and fans have been following his career since he was in college. He did turn around a team's fortunes the way Lin appears to be doing but there is where the similarities end in my opinion.

Whatever the deal is with Lin, it's a fun story to follow.

Ride the wave as long as it lasts, Jeremy!

Bring him down to Orlando, and let's see him play against the Magic. With all due respect, he played Toronto last night.

We'll take care of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.