• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency:

3) Kamerion Wembley (28) – O.K. so we have a couple of outside pass rushers in Orakpo and Kerrigan. Well IMO Orakpo is expendable. Blasphemy you say? Wembley can easily match Orakpo’s production and probably at the fraction of the cost. Wembley will probably be cut by Oakland. I could see us trading Orakpo in a package for a certain QB at the top of the draft. In Orakpo’s three years as a Skin, he has sacked a NFC East QB 3.5 times. That is not enough for a supposed elite pass rusher.

I agree with almost all of what you say, but the receiver position. I think Eddie Royal would be better suited to come in and make an immediate impact more so than Meachem or Garcon, unless of course we sign Peyton, but if that were the case I would probably give Wayne a 3 year deal.

I quoted the above statement because I was wondering if there was anyone else that felt the way I do about Orakpo. He really seemed to regress some this year, his second in this scheme. He should have had double digit sacks this year with the amount of help he got from the rest of the line. I just don't think he will ever be as good in the 3-4 as he could be in the 4-3.

We could definitely make him a part of the deal to get the 2nd pick for RG3 instead of giving up picks if we signed a FA who is better suited to the 3-4 OLB position. I think the real star is going to be Kerrigan, not Rak.

I would not mind Royal if we swing and miss on Garcon. Garcon has a higher YPC average and seems more likely to break a big one. I think he broke a couple last year. I can see him getting better and we need someone to stretch the field.

However, Royal was drafted by Shanny and may have the advantage here and seems to be the popular pick amongst Skins fans. Royal may love to play for the Skins because he is from Alexandria. Plus, we could use him to return kicks. Also, Royal will most definitely come cheaper than Garcon.

Garcon in my opinion just makes more with his opportunities. He averaged 13.5 YPC last year with a horrible QB situation. Bring in Garcon, and you could add Moss to the Rams trade list. They are in need of descent recievers and I think Moss would be a solid pickup for them. His contract is manageable, so the Rams would not have a problem fitting it under their cap. He is not equivalent to a 2nd round pick or anything, but adds a little something to the deal.

Total pipe dream, but if we had Garcon or Royal, Meachem, Gaffney, Hankerson, and Paul as our recievers, I think we will look pretty good at WR, as long as the QB spreads around the ball.

Also, I definitely agree that Kerrigan will be better than Rak. I think we could make-up for Rak's production fairly easy. Honestly, I am not sure he is going to get much better than he is right now. I think we are getting the best he has and honestly, we need more, especially against the NFC East.

Well, Arian Foster just got his mega-deal (deservedly so) from the Texans, and the consensus seems to be this will mean the end of Mario Williams in Houston. I'm still betting he ends up in Tampa or Tennessee.

Well, Arian Foster just got his mega-deal (deservedly so) from the Texans, and the consensus seems to be this will mean the end of Mario Williams in Houston. I'm still betting he ends up in Tampa or Tennessee.

He would be a great fit on the opposite side of the line from Chris Long in St. Louis.

Heard something from a Saints fan at work today - the Saints offered Drew Brees a contract that would make him the richest player in NFL history, and he turned it down because he wants more. I also have heard he was upset by the franchise tag (probably just posturing). So, while there's a very, very, very slim chance something like this happens - how would people feel about trading all those picks that would have been for RG3 to the Saints for Drew Brees? :)

So, while there's a very, very, very slim chance something like this happens - how would people feel about trading all those picks that would have been for RG3 to the Saints for Drew Brees? :)
Hell ****in' no.

If you were gonna go that route, you sign Peyton and keep the picks.

I'm a huge Drew Brees fan....but not at the cost of the most lucrative contract in NFL history thank you. :)

Reasonable contract, plus we still go after RGIII? I'm listening...

Well, I'd put it at 0.00001% chance of even happening, but I thought it was interesting. I'd trade for Brees in a heartbeat - he's a much better fit here than Manning (IMO).

Well, I'd put it at 0.00001% chance of even happening, but I thought it was interesting. I'd trade for Brees in a heartbeat - he's a much better fit here than Manning (IMO).
Debatable.

But Manning costs 0 draft picks.
Your scenario has Brees costing 2 1st's, and 2 more picks to boot.

No...freakin'...way.

Now, no draft picks involved? Where do I sign?

Trading picks for RG3 makes sense only because a) he appears to have the mental and physical makeup of an elite QB, and b) he would be our QB for years and years.

RG3 would likely come at a ridiculous cost. But it might be worth it. Why? See a) and b) :)

And let's not kid ourselves. Coming off a 5-11 season, even with the pick for Robert Griffin in hand, the Redskins are going to have to overpay in free agency to get key players to come here.

The critical factor is not to pay TOO much over market for talent.

But the thought we are going to get a Colston or even a Manningham for a 'reasonable' contract is a pipe dream.

Washington is still looked at as a losing proposition until the cycle of mediocrity ends with a winning record and a team that looks like it knows what it is doing on the field.

Going through an entire season with Rex Grossman and John Beck at quarterback and having Shanahan vouch for their performance REALLY cost Mike some credibility around the NFL.

Schefter just tweeted something not so good:

NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.

No details given aside from that. Maybe we won't have the cap space we think we will have?

Tandler said he thinks because we deumped Fat Ass? Not sure why it makes a difference in an uncapped year?

Apparently it's related to Fat Albert and D. Hall.

Albert Haynesworth. The nightmare continues.

The gift that keeps on eating.

Just now, apparently, he's eating our cap space.

Schefter now saying the Redskins will lose $36M in cap space.

HORSE****.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.