• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency:

mike wallace is a different story thou , wouldn't mind picking him up..good wide out !

Yes, please. Too lazy to look it up, is he restricted or unrestricted?

He is restricted, the chances of landing Wallace are pretty slim. I think we need a WR like him that can stretch the field. If we land RGIII one of his strengths is his accuracy on the deep ball so we need a WR to catch those passes.

One positive thing to think about is Wallace was a 3rd round pick so maybe we can find someone in the draft, assuming we don't give them all our picks away for RGIII:)

mike wallace is a different story thou , wouldn't mind picking him up..good wide out !

Yes, please. Too lazy to look it up, is he restricted or unrestricted?

SF76 beat me to it - he is restricted. Also, one of the reasons the Steelers let go of the crackback king is to give themselves cap space to sign Wallace long term. He ain't goin' nowhere.

SF76 beat me to it - he is restricted. Also, one of the reasons the Steelers let go of the crackback king is to give themselves cap space to sign Wallace long term. He ain't goin' nowhere.

your probly right , but we have seen more crazier **** happen !

I read a report about the Chargers expect to loose Tolbert, as long as he isn't to expensive what do you'll think about adding him to our backfield? I think we need a bigger back and he also a beast on special teams.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I read a report about the Chargers expect to loose Tolbert, as long as he isn't to expensive what do you'll think about adding him to our backfield? I think we need a bigger back and he also a beast on special teams.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

And he is a beast catching the ball out of the backfield. I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago when I saw Tolbert was going to be on the market.

I think it would be wise to pick up either him or Hillis. Then we could likely run with 4 RB's and dump Sellers once and for all.

Hillis seems to be a head case, but he is a Shanahan guy. I would avoid him. Tolbert would be a good short-yardage back, but assuming Hightower is back, we've already got 3 viable options at the position, along with Darrell Young at FB. Not sure there is space for Mike.

Hillis seems to be a head case, but he is a Shanahan guy. I would avoid him. Tolbert would be a good short-yardage back, but assuming Hightower is back, we've already got 3 viable options at the position, along with Darrell Young at FB. Not sure there is space for Mike.

I would definitely want Tolbert over Hillis. But Hillis' might enjoy playing football again for Shanahan. Who knows? He may be a gamble like you say.

To be honest, I would rather have Tolbert than Hightower. It was nice to see him excel early last year, but he seemed to plateau. Then he went and got injured. Both Royster and Helu were much better at finding the seem than HT did, he always seemed to want to get around the edge and missed the seem when it was there. Tolbert is much better out of the backfield than HT. The only thing I am not sure about is his blocking ability compared to Hightower.

If Hightower's injury would have happened earlier in the season I would have less concern, but is it going to be enough time to heal?

as for wide recievers I like Vincent Jackson or Dwayne Bowe...b nice to get both....but there probably aren't enough footballs to go around...

Guys we have a shot at and who would fill holes and fit what we do?

Evan Mathis- priority target, we should have grabbed him last year.
Carl nicks, a beast runblocker with light feet but great size

I dont like the free agent tackles I dont see any significant upgrades, we would be better off drafting Gaither is huge upside, but too many character issues.

Wideout I like Vincent Jackson and maybe bowe if he didnt want us to break the bank, Like Jackson better though.

We are fine at RB I think but I trust Shanny when it comes to backs.

I would sign Matt Flynn and give us more flexibility with the draft, unless we get RG3 at a bargain price (which I dont see happeneing, I dont want to give up the house to get him) I say draft BPA and go QB in the second and get Tannehill.

I would be very active on defence too Pouha at DT would be a huge addition. so would solia from Miami, if we signed both I would probably faint, because while Pouha is the better run stop, but Solia would be cheaper and has some pass rush value.
David Hawthorne would be a great fit with us at ILB, giving Riley a reason to work harder and a great sub / replacement for London.

Corner- we wont get grimes we might have a shot at Finnegan who would be better than hall.

safety- I honestly dont think Landry is back, and if he is, at that size is he gonna be effective as a safety? Tyvon Branch would be an upgrade over the rest of the guys we have.

I think Vincent Jackson is the target. If we end up with Mario "Dexter Jackson" Manningham, I will be pissed.

Also, I don't think Tannehill will be there when we pick in the 2nd. Someone will reach on him, just like teams reached on Locker & Ponder last year.

I think everyone needs to take a long, hard look at the moves this team made last year and remember that character factored as much as talent. I don't see that concept changing and if it doesn't change, a lot of names in this thread are not options.

Some nice points in this thread. If you look at the character of the guys Shanahan and Allen have brought the Vincent Jackson's of the world don't fit. I know that Shanahan likes Jackson coming out of college as he wanted to draft him while he was in Denver. To me Colston does make more since as for as that goes. My problem is I don't see Colston as a #1 receiver in most offenses although he may expect to be payed like one. Allen and Shanahan aren't overpaying for talent either.

Tannehill is probably a top 15 pick. The fact is Barkley going back to school pushed him way up. The reason why I don't think he will be a Redskin is because they would have to overdraft him. Something else that our front office aren't doing. If we get outbid for RGIII, I see us looking for a QB after round one.

Guys we have a shot at and who would fill holes and fit what we do?

Evan Mathis- priority target, we should have grabbed him last year.
Carl nicks, a beast runblocker with light feet but great size

I dont like the free agent tackles I dont see any significant upgrades, we would be better off drafting Gaither is huge upside, but too many character issues.

Wideout I like Vincent Jackson and maybe bowe if he didnt want us to break the bank, Like Jackson better though.

We are fine at RB I think but I trust Shanny when it comes to backs.

I would sign Matt Flynn and give us more flexibility with the draft, unless we get RG3 at a bargain price (which I dont see happeneing, I dont want to give up the house to get him) I say draft BPA and go QB in the second and get Tannehill.

I would be very active on defence too Pouha at DT would be a huge addition. so would solia from Miami, if we signed both I would probably faint, because while Pouha is the better run stop, but Solia would be cheaper and has some pass rush value.
David Hawthorne would be a great fit with us at ILB, giving Riley a reason to work harder and a great sub / replacement for London.

Corner- we wont get grimes we might have a shot at Finnegan who would be better than hall.

safety- I honestly dont think Landry is back, and if he is, at that size is he gonna be effective as a safety? Tyvon Branch would be an upgrade over the rest of the guys we have.

why waste a high pick on Tannehill? 3 years to develop a backup when we could draft a starter for another position and get immediate return on our destined to be watching the elite teams battle it out in the championship games until we get a top tier/long term franchise QB team? trade bait?

bottom line...IMO...is that if we don't draft RGIII this year...we're right back next year or the year after trading the farm for a QB in the top 5 picks. they screwed up the QB position royally the last two years and now...if they truly want to build the long-term competitiveness of this team...they're going to have to pay the piper for their screw-ups.

Just askin, not challenging, how does Flynn fit into Shanahan's offense?

Drew Brees just got franchised by the Saints. Hmm...the odds of a Saints WR being in DC next season may have just doubled.

Drew Brees just got franchised by the Saints. Hmm...the odds of a Saints WR being in DC next season may have just doubled.

I would prefer Carl Nicks over any of their receivers. I think the only receiver we need to add through free agency is Eddie Royal. I think he would bring a lot to this team. Add Hank getting healthy, Paul getting more experience, Moss moved into the slot, and Jabar Gaffney being solid again, that would be a fairly solid core group of receivers. Maybe hope for a sleeper in the draft...

I would prefer Carl Nicks over any of their receivers. I think the only receiver we need to add through free agency is Eddie Royal. I think he would bring a lot to this team. Add Hank getting healthy, Paul getting more experience, Moss moved into the slot, and Jabar Gaffney being solid again, that would be a fairly solid core group of receivers. Maybe hope for a sleeper in the draft...
I agree completely.

Here is my wish list:

O-line:
(I love the way Nicks plays, but he wants to have the top salary at guard, I would pass). I really want the top two here. Zuttah plus Rachal would give us a good starting rotation with quality depth in Lichtensteiger and Chester. There are slim pickings at tackle. Really need to hope one of our own steps up and takes control of the tackle position.

1) Jeremy Zuttah (25) – Bucs are trying to resign him, if they do not, might be a nice Skin. I am sure Morris has some inside info on him.

2) Chilo Rachal (25) –Pro Football Focus’s top rated run blocking guard in 2010. Removed weight last year and subsequently lost his starting job. The lighter faster Rachal is more ideal for the ZBS.

3) Samson Satele (27) – Versatile, can play both Center and Guard. Has a hard time with huge NTs, no worries in the East. Last year he was rated as a top 5 run blocking center according to Pro Football Focus. Move him to guard.

4) Mike Briesel (28) – Comes from the Texans. Well versed in our offensive philosophy already, maybe a nice quiet pickup.

DB: Really need someone besides Hall and Wilson. With the spread sets that the NFL is using these days, 3 quality corners is a must IMO. Hall is not really starting material anyway.

1) Brandon Carr (25) – If the Chiefs do not re-sign him, I really hope he becomes a Skin. Young and worth the small fortune he will demand. One of the few I do not mind over paying for.

2) Richard Marshall (27) – Praised for his play by Wisenhunt last year. Excellent in run support and can move to safety in a pinch. A nice versatile player that the Skins could use.

3) Thomas DeCoud (26) – We need serious help at safety. This guy is a top priority if he does not re-sign with the Falcons. Atogwe has been and always will be overrated by the fans. This guy is the perfect replacement. Make Atogwe earn his roster spot!!!

4) Reggie Nelson (28) – If we swing and miss on DeCoud, I think Nelson can fill the spot admirably. Hopefully, Gomes can play safety a lot better in his sophomore season.

LB: We are really shallow here, especially if Fletcher leaves. Lofton is a popular pick here, but Nolan plans to pull him from nickel packages this upcoming season because of his ineptitude. He wants to be paid like David Harris.

1) Stephen Tulloch (27) – Really a 4-3 guy, but so was Fletch. He played well last year on a one year prove it deal by the Lions. Well, he proved it but the Lions may not be able to afford him. With 120+ tackles in each of the last three seasons, I think the Skins have to look. Good leader as well.

2) Jameel McClain (26) – May want a guaranteed starting job, but he may be great for depth in case Fletch leaves. If Fletch leaves, we better hope that Riley is up for a challenge. Baltimore may not be able to afford to keep him.

3) Kamerion Wembley (28) – O.K. so we have a couple of outside pass rushers in Orakpo and Kerrigan. Well IMO Orakpo is expendable. Blasphemy you say? Wembley can easily match Orakpo’s production and probably at the fraction of the cost. Wembley will probably be cut by Oakland. I could see us trading Orakpo in a package for a certain QB at the top of the draft. In Orakpo’s three years as a Skin, he has sacked a NFC East QB 3.5 times. That is not enough for a supposed elite pass rusher.

4) Erin Henderson (25) – Not yet re-signed by Minnesota. Not saying he is starter material, but he did grade out as one of the top run defending linebackers according to Pro Football Focus. Not only can he stop the run, but he is not afraid to play special teams either.

DL: With Carriker probably leaving, we may need a little help here.

1) Red Bryant (27) – Remember how great the Seattle defense was last year, especially against the run? Well this is a guy we need to look at. Excellent run stopper and he is huge at 6’4” and 323 pounds. Even though DL is not looked at as a sign of weakness, I think Bryant should be a priority. Played DE for Seattle.

2) Paul Soliai (28) – One huge caveat with this guy, DO NOT BREAK THE BANK FOR HIM!!! Huge questions about his motor, but when he is on, he is on. Sound familiar???

WR: How do you decide if your receivers are good enough when you have crap at QB? I don’t know the answer to that question either. Here is what I think. Colston is going to cost someone big, hopefully not the Skins. He was moved to the slot last year and does not stretch the field anymore, well, we have plenty of that. Bowe is going to remain a Chief. Lloyd and Manningham? No thank you!!

1) Pierre Garcon (25) – 70 rec with 13.5 YPC without Peyton Manning. We need a guy that can stretch the field. Armstrong is not that guy, Garcon is. He turned down a huge offer from the Colts because of the Manning situation. Is our QB situation better? No, but maybe it will be competitive. Garcon is my top choice at receiver.

2) Robert Meachem (27) – Now I would like this pickup especially if it is paired with Pierre Garcon. That would be special. Forget VJ. Meachem is on an offense that spreads the ball around. You never know when it will be his turn, but when it is, you definitely realize it. Averaging 15.5 YPC on his career. He is not Calvin or Andre Johnson, but he will make a difference.

3) Vincent Jackson (29) – Like a couple of our other players, one strike and he is done for. Plus he has injury concerns. I would sign Jackson to an incentive laden deal. Bruce Allen is usually on the winning side of these deals. If he comes to Washington, I believe we would be able to get out of his contract fairly easily.

QB – The most dreaded and glorious position.

1) Kyle Orton- UGHHH!!!!! I cannot stand the guy, but have you seen the other QBs available? This guy had good numbers while McDaniels was coaching him, but did you see how poor his vision was? Honestly, the Broncos should have put up 80 points per game, however Kyle couldn’t find the open receivers.

2) Alex Smith – I threw his name out there last off season. No one bit. He led his team to the Championship game and was close to winning. This guy is not a game changer, but he is a good spot holder, way better than Grossman or Beck. At least he does not turn the ball over…..

3) Jason Campbell – speaking of not turning the ball over. I think we would have had a better record if JC was our QB instead of Grossman, but fear not fellow Skins fans, he will not be coming back. So wipe the spit off your computer screen and hope we get RG III or Manning.

RB – I am one of the few that does not think our RB situation is solved. I think we need a bruiser and I am not particularly fond of how Hightower played last year. I think we could do better. Of course, keep Helu, Young, and Royster. We need one of these guys:

1) Peyton Hillis (26) – Bad year last year, but I think he will rebound once he is in a place he enjoys. Who enjoys playing in Cleveland? He will be just as good and 'maybe’ cheaper than Mike Tolbert. Versatile enough to catch the ball and big enough to be a bruiser when needed.

2) Mike Tolbert (26) – Still young, but needs to be in a committee. Perfect for the Skins. We need a bruiser that is versatile enough to catch out of the back field as well as pick up the short yardage. He is the missing piece in our running game. Honestly, it is a toss up between him and Hillis.

2) Michael Bush (28) – Last option IMO and the most expensive one. He will demand more money than Hillis and Tolbert because he is more of a lead back, but not by much. We are not desperate for him, but we do need toughness in the ground game. I think he will go to Bengals, Chiefs, Bucs, Jets or Chargers before us, but he could be a last ditch option for the Skins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.