• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins: Tackle William Robinson Added to Practice Squad

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Click HERE to read about the addition of tackle William Robinson to the Redskins practice squad today.

(Courtesy of Washington Redskins)

So glad the Redskins are finally addressing the offensive line issues. /sarcasm

Yeah, I'm 44. I'm thinking of eating a lot and trying out for O Line next year myself. With moves like this, I'll probably make it

Boy is this sounding familiar-"If we can't get a 28-32 year old former Pro Bowler-lets go get some undrafted cast-off from somebody's PS and use him.":wall:

While I am tempted to say the same thing Serv, I keep reminding myself that Buges has a history of doing some pretty good stuff with undrafted FA linemen. Granted, the best example of this is nearly 3 decades ago when he did great stuff with Joe Jacoby and guys with that much talent usually don't slide that far to the edge of the radar in this information age but you never know. I am, even now, trying to figure out how Horton and Mitchell are 7th round picks and Olgetree (UDFA out of UVa this year who made the Dallas 53 man roster) goes undrafted so it is possible.

Neo, you are of course correct, but I believe what you are referring to are exceptions rather than the rule. As you said, in this age of instantly available information and the corresponding extra depth of scrutiny that's being done in the draft process-there is usually something about a player that causes a consensus to develop among NFL teams that he doesn't seem to have adequate potential to be developed. And when a player like that does wind up on someone's PS-I think it's either an experiment or an act of desperation. What I was referring to was a pattern of player selection that seems to have been ...well..."less than wonderfully effective" in the Skins recent history-of course, given the current state of the OL-the "act of desperation" I mentioned earlier may indeed have played a part. Just my personal opinion, of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.