• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Favorite Redskins Super Bowl Play

What was you’re all time favorite Redskin Super Bowl Play?

• Mike Bass’s 49 blocked FG Return

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Theisman knocking a battered pass away

• Riggins 43 Yard TD Run

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Doug Williams 80 yard TD Pass to Ricky Sanders

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Kurt Gouveia’s 23 yard int return

• Marc Rypien’s 30 yard TD to Gary Clark

• Other

• Total voters

fuji869

The Rookie
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
What was you’re all time favorite Redskin Super Bowl Play?

Super Bowl VII: Mike Bass’s 49 blocked FG Return for a TD a misplayed field-goal attempt and fumble by Garo Yepremian.
Super Bowl XVII: Joe Theisman’s heads up play knocking a battered pass and a sure int for a TD away from Don McNeal.
Super Bowl XVII: Riggins 43 Yard TD Run on 4th and inches
Super Bowl XXII: Doug Williams 80 yard TD Pass to Ricky Sanders to ignite a 35 point second quarter.
Super Bowl XXVI: Kurt Gouveia’s 23 yard int return to the Bills' 2 yard line on the first play of the second half.
Super Bowl XXVI: Marc Rypien’s 30 yard TD to Gary Clark to stop a small Buffalo 2nd half rally.

If you choose other please tell what your favorite Redskin's Super Bowl Play.

I went with the Riggins run on 4th down. That one play all but sealed the first SB trophy for the Redskins.

A close second is the pass from Doug Williams to Ricky Sanders. Without that play, it could've been a long day for the Redskins. It was the spark that was needed for what we call "The Quarter".

Riggins for the win! Iconic!

It has to be Riggo's run. The game was still in doubt. The play came from nowhere, and without a career-defining stiff arm that no one watching will ever forget, it might have ended differently.

Awesome moment that I dont think will ever be topped.

I was lucky enough to attend Super Bowl XVII. Riggo's run not only gave the Skins the lead, it was his career-defining moment and pretty much vaulted him into the HOF.

Please see my avatar pic.

Riggo's run that won SB 17 will always be THE signature play for this franchise IMHO. It was our first SB win and we were underdogs and nobody thought we had a chance against the "Killer B's".

Classic, just classic. Just like Darrell Grant's interception return of a tipped Hogeboom pass for a TD that got us to that SB, I'll never forget seeing Riggo take 70 chip to the house in SB 17 as long as I live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.