• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Favorite Redskins Super Bowl Win

What was your favorite Redskins Super Bowl Win?

• Super Bowl XVII

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Super Bowl XXII

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Super Bowl XXVI

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

fuji869

The Rookie
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
f89ada246131f2d582baf4e296b929b3.jpg

Super Bowl XVII
Redskins 27 Dolphins 17

Doug-Williams.jpg

Super Bowl XXII
Redskins 42 Broncos 10

rypien_1327432862.jpg

Super Bowl XXVI
Redskins 37 Bills 24

I voted for the first SB. Beating the "Killer Bs" was special because it was the first and we got revenge in the matchup from a decade earlier. The second SB rates a close second though - all of that offense in the second quarter was a thing of beauty.

XXII was my favorite - just in terms of being down 10-0, then seeing Doug Williams (who for a moment, looked like he might be lost for the game with a banged up knee) absolutely unleash hell on the Broncos. Most dominating quarter of football ever.

And the most fun quarter of football a Redskins fan will ever experience.

XXII was my favorite - just in terms of being down 10-0, then seeing Doug Williams (who for a moment, looked like he might be lost for the game with a banged up knee) absolutely unleash hell on the Broncos. Most dominating quarter of football ever.

And the most fun quarter of football a Redskins fan will ever experience.

Williams knee ballooned up at halftime and he became a statue in the 2nd half. While I know there was no way Williams would leave the game, had Gibbs started Schroeder in the 2nd half I'm convinced the Skins would now hold the the record for most points in a Super Bowl. ;)

I voted for SB26, as its really the only one I was old enough to enjoy live.

Hard to pick "a favorite one" because each game had their moments.

Number seventeen gets the nod for me, it was more intense with the ebb and flow over most of the game. It also capped off a fun regular season with the ultimate win. Had they come back to win against the Raiders the following year, then that would have been my favorite, hands down.

I went into the other two figuring that Denver and Buffalo might be due.

"The Quarter" clinched 22 by the half and wow was it fun but little suspense for the rest of the game.

Thurman's duck-walk intro ticked me off to the point that I felt confident our guys could sink the showboats.

Last edited:
XVII. The first and best to me as someone who watched it in HS with my future brother-in-law who was a Miami fan. I remember immediately afterwards running down Wisconsin Avenue to Georgetown, not seeing too much going on and then going back to my house only to see the scene at M street and Wisconsin moments later was a madhouse with the streets packed so cars couldn't get by and people on top of Metro buses. Mayhem.

Beautiful.

I went with XVII, just because it was our first Super Bowl victory. The first is always special.

my cousin was in love with the Kgun offence, I have always liked a pounding ruin game with deep play action better, but im with mike, when andre threw his helmet, I was laughing like a madman that series of turnovers early had me peeing though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.