• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D.: Further On Up the Road

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Where the road is dark and the seed is sowed Where the gun is cocked and the bullet's cold Where the miles are marked in the blood and gold ...

More...

I was reading your blog within a minute or two of being posted and agreed immediately with your choice. There's just something about the calm, cool manner in which the Pats are taking this game and it seems like it is more than just a casual, business like approach. It's a tactic that has worked numerous times for this team.

My motivation for choosing the Pats is selfish - I don't want another division rival with more trophies in their display case than the Redskins. Disclaimer - picked NYG in the pick 'em game. Did it just to see if I could pick up a spot or two in the game.

Anne - if you are out there...
Forgive me for wanting the Pats to win. :)

Another great blog Boone. Thanks.

I picked NY and I am sticking with them. I just think they have Tom Terrific's number and I don't expect tomorrow to be much different. I don't expect a blow out, mind you, but I expect NY to raise the Lombardi at the end of the day.

The risk is, the Giants may also have that psyche. I think they may face a more determined Brady tomorrow than anyone has seen in quite awhile. And Manning? He's due for a much more Eli-like game. I've never seen him on fire like he has been the past 4 weeks. At some point the odds of a bad game (or at least a flawed one) kick in.

I think the Giants are getting too much hype. Their fans are so over confident it's kind of ridiculous. Pats played a bad game against BMore, if Gronk is healthy, they should come back and play well.

Personally, I'm rooting for a scoreless tie. In lieu of that, I think the Pats win. Sadly, e Belicheat hype machine will be in full force, proclaiming him to be the greatest coachin the modern day NFL.

I hate that guy.

Great job Boone. Don't agree with all of your analysis, but I dig your writing brother.

This SB has me perplexed. I can easily root for Brady, but I hate that Bill Belicheat getting another ring will mean more fawning over this, IMO, overrated coach. Not to say he isn't good, cause he is. But he is not the wizard that the media claims him to be. If he is half as brilliant as they claim he is, he will retire two seconds after Brady does. He was average at best before Brady, and he'll be the same again, without him.

Then we have Goober Manning. Throws more prayer passes than anyone except maybe McFlabb. I don't believe in a God, but if I'm wrong, then God loves Goober. Cause his prayers get answered quite a bit. If folks ain't tired of hearing all things Manning yet, be it Peyton, or Goober, or Daddy, let him get another ring. They'll officially start calling ESPN The Manning Network. Jim Haslett can whip him twice, then how the hell can't the defensive God-coach, Belicheat?

So, what's a guy supposed to do? I've decided, since I can't really root for either team, I'll just root for a good game.

But for me, a good game means, a blowout. I want a one-sided drubbing. That way, one of the overrated will be brought down to size, while the other is going to get endlessly, and sickeningly over praised anyway.

Winner - 51
Loser - 13

I believe the Giants will win 27-20. I think the G-men have the Patriots number, meaning they can rattle Brady. The Pats have 2 major weaknesses; their pass defense and their pass protection. Both of which the Jersey guys can exploit. Eli joins the elite group of quarterbacks, and garners the SB MVP.

I'm with Goaldeje in hoping for a scoreless tie. Since that's not going to happen, I've got to go with the VaGiants. The Patsies' pass defense is (in best Bill Walton voice) HORRIBLE! I'm having a hard time seeing how they stop Manning, Cruz, and Nicks from dropping about 50 points on them.

VaGiants 47
Patsies 40

I do think we will see a record for total points scored in a Super Bowl tomorrow. My guess is that makes the NFL happy.

I care. It's the NFL man - get with the program or turn in your man card. :)

What Boone said!

I SOOOO hate BOTH of these teams that I simply refuse to watch. In order to keep my man card, I'll be watching highlights of the Skins' Super Bowl victories while quaffing a beer or 3 and farting out the remnants of my (in)famous 3-bean chili, topped with fritos and sour cream. Not a Madonna fan so my two halftimes will consist of videos of Jimmy Buffet and Bruce Springsteen live.

Screw the New Yawkers and the Cheatriots! Today will be about the Skins......unless someone texts me and tells me both Brady and Manning are out the game with broken manginas. THEN I might be induced to tune in. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.