• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem Results: Week 1

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
9.png

Week 1 of the BGO NFL Pickem Contest was a battle, with no one going worse than 8-8 on their picks - a pretty incredible performance given the uncertainties of opening day across the NFL and the number of razor-close games there were. Even our random robot player, the studly and infamous DC PC, got it right at least half the time.

Special kudos to servumtuum who finished an incredible 15-1 this week, followed in a three way tie at 14-2 by Piggly, Jimbo, and CowboysForever.

Click HERE for a summary of alll of week 1's results.

Bravo Servum...

I think I was pretty close to the exact opposite. LOL!!!

Appreciate the kudos, Elephant-some days you get the bear...some days the bear gets you-I evaded getting eaten this week, next week?...well, I'm picking a couple of upsets to happen that may be risky, but I think may be likely. You have as good a chance to gnaw on bear meat as anyone,go for it!

Even our random robot player, the studly and infamous DC PC, got it right at least half the time.

To the Inestimable and Erudite Boone, co-owner and prognosticator extraordinaire-about our mutual friend "DC PC". The lil' sucker is basically simulating a coin-toss approach to game selection-which means that over the season it should finalize close to .500, 128 wins, 128 losses give or take a few each way. Of course, this is subject to the probability distribution function of a normal distribution (I'll be nice and not go into explanatory detail on that terminology)-which basically means there's an excellent chance of it turning in a 12-4 or better week at least once. Be prepared.....mwaaahaahaahaahaa!:anxious:

Nice job serv! :)

I'll second that. Awesome week, serv - even accounting for a couple of lucky picks here and there 15-1 is nothing to sneeze at. Congrats.

Now hurry back to earth, willya? Don't make me chase yer ass the whole season lol...

Again, thanks, BRD-like I said-the bear's gonna be waiting in ambush every week-there's always some "WTF?!?" games that pop up and upset the ol' prediction applecart.:)

Nice job serv - damn Bears threw me, thought they could beat the Pack. And friggin' Houston...home opener, guys! Sheesh.

And kudos to nobody doing worse than 8-8! Well, except for those who didn't pick.

Man, I remember when 11-5 was a solid week in something like this. Here it is barely average. Nice job to everyone.

Nice job serv - damn Bears threw me, thought they could beat the Pack. And friggin' Houston...home opener, guys! Sheesh.

And kudos to nobody doing worse than 8-8! Well, except for those who didn't pick.

Thanks-I'm enjoying the accolades while I got 'em-which may not be that long-this second week looks much tougher to predict!

I grew up a short commuter train ride from Soldier Field and spent my share of sessions in the three-way blood-hate involving the Bears/Packers/Lions. Imagine Redskins/Cowboys with the added attraction of intense cold as an aggravating factor-it got brutal at times. The Packers are just playing stronger than the Bears-and I am not one of those who is especially impressed with Mr. Cutler.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.