• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Mock Drafts

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Realizing that a lot can change between now and the Draft, this is still fun. I think we had one last year, and it had some useful info in it, iirc.

Post 'em as you find 'em! I'll get us started off with Bunting's latest:

1. Indianapolis Colts: Stanford QB Andrew Luck
With news coming out this past weekend that the Colts possibly have already made up their mind on QB Peyton Manning, Luck is looking more and more like a slam dunk.

2. -TRADE- Washington Redskins via St. Louis Rams: Baylor QB Robert Griffin III
RG3 is the kind of athletic quarterback that would be an ideal fit in the Washington offense. He can make plays outside the pocket, throw on the run and create second lives with his legs.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Southern Cal OT Matt Kalil
Quarterback Christian Ponder has shown flashes in year one, but he needs to stay healthy. Therefore, bringing in the top offensive tackle prospect in the draft who has a chance to mature into a Pro Bowl-caliber lineman seems like an easy selection at three.

4. Cleveland Browns: Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon
Quarterback is the biggest missing piece in Cleveland. However, if they can’t land RG3, getting one of the best offensive weapons in the draft is a nice consolation prize.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: LSU CB Morris Claiborne
Tampa Bay has done a great job over the past two drafts improving the overall talent along its defensive line. Therefore, adding a playmaking corner who can capitalize on all the potential pressure is a must for this defense to take that next step.

6. –TRADE- St. Louis Rams via Washington Redskins: LSU DT Michael Brockers
As bad as the Rams need to add talent on the outside at receiver, they are also in need of some talent inside at DT. Brockers has the talent to develop into an All-Pro caliber lineman for the Rams and they can always add a receiver with their additional picks from the Redskins later in the draft.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mock-Draft-Version-20.html

There's a site that compares all mock drafts on the interwebs, and posts who the most popular pick is for each slot in the first round, but I forget what it is. I think its a Redskins site though....anyone?

Here's Walter Football's mock draft: http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

1. Andrew Luck - Colts
2. Robert Griffin III - Browns (TRADE)
3. Matt Kalil - Vikings
4. Justin Blackmon - Rams (TRADE)
5. Mo' Claiborne - Tampa
6. Riley Reiff - Redskins (WTF?)

Redskins Round 2: Reuben Randall, WR, LSU
Redskins Round 3: Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
Redskins Round 4: Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
Redskins Round 4: Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida State

Last edited by a moderator:
GAME ON!!! As Redskins fans this is our time of year. :cool4:

DC ProsportsReport's mock draft database: http://dcprosportsreport.com/MockDraft.htm

Includes the front-runner for our pick at 6 at the top - currently Griffin at 25%. Luck is currently in 100% of mock drafts as the #1 overall pick - pretty amazing to have that kind of consensus.

Here's Walter Football's mock draft: http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

1. Andrew Luck - Colts
2. Reggie Griffin III - Browns (TRADE)
3. Matt Kalil - Vikings
4. Justin Blackmon - Rams (TRADE)
5. Mo' Claiborne - Tampa
6. Riley Reiff - Redskins (WTF?)

Redskins Round 2: Reuben Randall, WR, LSU
Redskins Round 3: Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
Redskins Round 4: Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
Redskins Round 4: Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida State

Who the heck is this Reggie guy chosen with pick #2? Does that mean Robert Griffin is falling in the draft?

Seems like the possibilities so far are trading up for RG3, trading back or Claiborne, Blackmon or drafting a tackle. The idea of a tackle at six would indicate that Shanahan for one reason or another doesn't trust Williams at LT anymore. If Williams is moved to RT that would really improve our O-line but if we trust Williams at LT we could get a RT in the second round. Blackmon would absolutely fill a big need. No matter who our QB is Blackmon would help him a lot.

Oh yes I mentioned QB. Besides trading up for RG3, the other hot rumor right now is Russell Wilson in the later rounds. I like his intelligence, arm and accuracy (outside the pocket) but he is only 5ft 10 inches. The other name is Weeden but even a third round pick seems to rich to take 29 year old QB. I still like Tannehill, will he be there in the 2nd round for us?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think Tannenhill's injury makes it more likely that he stays in the second round, esp. if other qb's do well in the combine.

Most consider Tannenhill a raw project to begin with and if he can't show off dazzling skills then his riskiness becomes emphasized. More, GM's don't usually like drafting injured players early unless they are considered a great prospect and a sure thing. On the other hand, Tannehill can't hurt his reputation by being slower, less accurate or weaker by getting poor workout results and if the other qbs turn out to be flawed, it might make him look better by comparison.

Right now mock drafts are about useful as a long range weather forecast. Combine is in few weeks and further out is free agency.

With FA back in its normal slot, how teams address needs will impact the draft. The Browns or Dolphins may sign a FA QB, thus Griffin falls to us.

Give FA a few weeks then take a look at mock drafts.

In my mind unless the Redskins go after a veteran quarterback in free agency or via trade, the only wide receiver I am interested in seeing them draft is Blackmon.

Receivers are notoriously hard to grade and project at the NFL level.

It is preferable to go into free agency and try and find a proven receiver to add to the mix.

Again, I would only look to the draft if my other major needs for QB and perhaps CB are addressed in free agency or via trade.

If RGIII gets past St Louis' #2 pick, I just don't think there is anyway we don't get a trade done with the Vikings. They can still get their man if they trade with us. The Browns have a stud LT, they would not draft Reiff and Tampa needs Claiborne. They could even pick up Blackmon for Ponder if Reiff were to get chosen prior to their pick.

I wonder if he knows something about free agency and the Redskins plans for McShay to suggest there will be no trade up for RGIII?

Obviously those were not Redskins fans that had us picking alabama's Richardson at 6. Blackmon is someone I'll wait and see at the combine since he is not that tall and he does not have blazing speed.

If the Browns grab RG3 we might have to select a non sexy pick if we can not trade down.

McShay and Kiper can grade prospects, but they don't have a clue about possible trades. Teams will leak info to them as part of their misinformation.

I should say good teams use them for their benefit. Vinny would lay out our entire plan. Glad we have a real FO for a change.

Yes, they can grade prospects but they are grading in a vacuum with no real frame of reference. Teams don't just grade the player straight up but rather with an eye to how that player will be used. Is he a good fit for the system? If character is important, what's his character like and will he fit with the current locker room?

McShay and Kiper are lost on that type of stuff. Granted, some front offices are too but we KNOW these two are off the mark there.

In light of your post, Neo, one player I'm watching with a bit of curiosity is Vontaze Burfict the ILB from Arizona State. He's generally considered the most athletically dominant ILB in the draft but has notable character and off-the-field issues. It'll be interesting to see who grabs this guy. The Eagles come to mind as a team with desparate LB needs and an ability to, well...overlook possible loose-cannon character character issues that might go for a guy like this.

Or the Bengals maybe.

:)

I have to believe the Skins will trade down out of the top 10. Too costly to move up, given all the team needs, and accumulating more top 100 picks should be the goal in my opinion. I believe they will grab a 2nd tier Qb, and build around him.

I could easily see that scenario too. Tannehill would be a nice choice.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.