• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A different kind of NFL news

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Sometimes it seems to me that when an NFL football player makes the general news it's usually for something that's considered "bad behavior",drugs, fighting, spousal abuse or some other kind of notoriety that casts a bad image on members of the sport that makes me uncomfortable. Basically I think there's a distorted view or warped public image of these guys .

I'm well aware of the general news media's love of sensationalism and the public's love of lapping it up so when I came across this "feel good" story about one of "our own" even though it's not a Redskins player, I wanted to post it anyway. It's about KC Chief's QB Matt Cassel

Our hero! Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel alerts woman to house fire

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel didn't have his best season in 2011, but his 2012 offseason has certainly been eventful enough. On Thursday night, in the Missouri gated community of Loch Lloyd, Cassel ran to the home of a neighbor after his wife noticed that smoke was billowing and flames were shooting from the chimney of the woman's home.
Cassel banged on his neighbor's door and rang the doorbell to try and alert the woman to the situation — he then ran around the house until he saw his neighbor exit her home. "I know Matt wouldn't want this kind of attention, but I definitely think he was a hero last night," one witness told local television station KMBC.
The neighbor said that she had no awareness that she was in danger until she saw the quarterback.
Cassel was indeed humble about the incident, saying that "I just ran up to the house and alerted them. The real heroes are the firefighters." Neighbors told KMBC that Cassel is generally a private person who wouldn't want attention drawn to his actions, heroic or otherwise.
There were no injuries in the fire, and the cause is still under investigation. Serious damage was done to the house, though a fire supervisor said that the home may not be a total loss.
After the Chiefs' 10-6 record in 2010, greater things were expected in 2011. But several injuries -- including the fractured right throwing hand that put Cassel out for the season in Week 10 -- set the team on another course. New head coach Romeo Crennel, who replaced Todd Haley, is committed to Cassel as his starter in 2012.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chiefs-quarterback-matt-cassel-alerts-woman-house-fire-025153304.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.