• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem: The Final Week!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
It has arrived. The final week of the 2011 BGO NFL Pickem Contest. And a helluva contest it has been this year. Going into Super Bowl week, we have 10 players who have achieved a 65% or higher accuracy rate for the entire season. That's the kind of intense competition we've had here at BGO since we began the NFL Pickem contest 3 years ago!

So let's get down to brass tacks. In our third season, someone will finally unseat 2 time champion Jimbo. The overall 2011 championship will come down to one of our top 3 players, Kel Varnsen, SNF, or micks113. In the event we end with 2 or more players tied on win totals, the championship will be determined by season points. Season points represent the aggregate points selected by each player for tie-breaker games less the aggregate points scored in tie-breaker games.

Remember our top 4 finishers will be eligible for some great prizes.

But - in the end - there can be only 1!

Click HERE to see complete Championship Round Results.

Click HERE for complete Overall Season Results.

Well, we were on top for a lot of the season & took a nosedive, but at least we have 4th place locked up! Great season everyone!!

Today's the big day :)

Who will be left standing alone at the top?

Kel Varnsen?
SNF?
micks113?

Top 4 finishers receive some great prizes. Good luck everyone! :cheers:

Of the full time players still remaining, I am trying to avoid the cellar. Dang close to it now, but would be ok with it if the Pats win. :)

Good luck to the top three.

Interesting that, as of right now, all 3 potential winners have picked the Patriots. Will be watching to see if one of the 3 changes their pick prior to kickoff.

You know. Because it's all about the strategery. :)

Damn it. I thought it was about consistently sucking.

Live and learn, I guess.

Good Luck to the Final 3. Since I'm out of the hunt, I'll just reveal my pick now. I DESPISE the Cheatriots and Captain Smarmy McDimplechin. Besides, it would make me feel a whole lot better knowing we swept the Stupor Bowl Champs.

Well, at least I gave up my crown with a correct final pick for the season. So who is the lucky winner that gets my killer avatar? I'm gonna miss it.

Wow. With both tied at 179 wins for the season, it came down to total points predicted, and in the last game of the season, SNF nudges out Kel Varnsen for the championship by a total of merely 26 points.

micks113 finishes 3rd, and RobinTom finishes 4th for the year.

Rounding out our top 10 are:

Neophyte
China
IronMike
Yusuf06
Lovethebeer
Boone

Congrats to all our winners and thanks to everyone for playing this year. Hope you all enjoyed another great contest :cheers:

For complete 2011 season results, click HERE

Well, at least I gave up my crown with a correct final pick for the season. So who is the lucky winner that gets my killer avatar? I'm gonna miss it.

Two years running is amazing - if you'd made it a 3rd, we'd have had to have an external audit :)

Set you up with a temporary avatar - obviously change it to your liking...

17th - I'll take it and glad to finish with a win. Not what I preferred, but the game is really fun and that is what really matters.

Congrats to the top four and the winner. See you again in September. :)

17th - I'll take it and glad to finish with a win. Not what I preferred, but the game is really fun and that is what really matters.

+1

I always have a blast playing against you guys because y'all are always such great competition...and so classy to boot. Congrats to Kel and everyone that placed. Just don't get too comfy because to quote Ahnuld, "I'll be back". :)

You'll take it? Of course you will, it's not like you have any choice.

Only 15 people picked every game. 19 if you count All Home, All Away, All Dogs and Monkey and Dartboard.

So there were a couple of people like Yusuf that picked more correct winners than you even though they didn't pick all the games. 17th doesn't seem all that impressive in consideration of those facts. :tongue2:

Just messin' with ya.

But you're right, the game is fun and that's what matters.

:cheers:

And congrats to the winners!

All right! Won it by a mile!
Umm, ok maybe not a mile... :shocked:

It is always fun. Thanks again Boone!

All right! Won it by a mile!
Umm, ok maybe not a mile... :shocked:

It is always fun. Thanks again Boone!

Congrats on the win. I had fun picking games, but obviously I can count when it comes to total points. :help:

Thanks Boone for setting this up.

No problem guys - labor of love... Amazing finish and congrats to the winners. I'll be contacting you in the next few days to settle up and arrange for prize deliveries.

Interesting that, as of right now, all 3 potential winners have picked the Patriots. Will be watching to see if one of the 3 changes their pick prior to kickoff.

You know. Because it's all about the strategery. :)

Dang Boone, that was exactly my strategy, I figured the Giants would win but picked the pats being my only chance figuring the others would go Giants. Had I read your post I would have changed it.

Keeping in the spirit of the game next year, don't reveal the picks.

Even if you'd picked the winner and the exact score, you'd still have finished in 3rd.

If anything, I gave YOU an unfair advantage, since you were a game back and were the only one who had to get the game winner right and hope the other guys picked someone else.

But I agree in principle - next year, I won't utter a peep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.