• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This is a complete BS rule in the NFL that needs to be changed

I meant called a TD. Possession with two feet down in the endzone, let review sort out whether or not his foot was down first or the ball came out first.
He didn't complete the catch. Just like if he had been falling. Even with two feet in, and firm control of the ball, he would have had to control it even after hitting the ground.

Same same. no catch.

How much did you lose? ;)

How much did you lose? ;)

I actually didn't gamble on either game (kicking myself, the Ravens covered and I would have bet on them).

Here is the rule:
"If a player controls the ball while in the end zone, both feet, or any part of his body other than his hands, must be completely on the ground before losing control, or the pass is incomplete."

If this was the Redskins, 99% of the folks on here would be screaming bloody murder conspiracy. :)

ask Megatron about that rule. seems like it was pretty much the same thing but Megatron had much better control. its supposed to be that you never lose control at all and clearly Evans lost control.

The Megatron rule was maintaining control "while going to the ground." Evans wasn't going to the ground, so two feet should have been enough.

The NFL already came out and said it was the correct call. How bout dat rule!

And, of course, if it went against us we would feel different.

Oh wait, it already did.

Problem is, Mel Gray didn't catch the damn ball either. But they still gave it to him.

Ha, guaranteed if that exact play happens against the Redskins, not only is it called a TD it would be upheld in replay review. Because that's how the refs roll against us. :)

Mike, the rule is that he has to clearly have possession once both feet touch the ground. So, you either think the CB knocked the ball loose before the second foot came down, or you don't. There is no gray area. It was definitely close, but it should have at least been reviewed.

the rule is that he has to clearly have possession once both feet touch the ground
Exactly, and he did not clearly have possession when the second foot came down.

That being said, if it had been the Patriots doing it for the win, and it was Welker, it absolutely would have been called a TD.

Jaimie, clearly I do or else I wouldnt have said it. Clearly I believe he did not maintain control long enough for it to be called a touchdown.

Fair enough - I happen to disagree. Regardless, he should have held onto the ball and eliminated all doubt, instead the worst defense in the NFL is headed to the superbowl...

Exactly, and he did not clearly have possession when the second foot came down.

That being said, if it had been the Patriots doing it for the win, and it was Welker, it absolutely would have been called a TD.

Definitely.

It was close enough to go either way, and I don't think there was video evidence enough to overturn it either way. In my opinion though, he had the ball, his foot touched, and then it was knocked out of his hands.

I think it was close enough that no matter which way they called it, it would not have gotten overturned; therefore, one group of fans would have been livid.

Extreme - on the first Williams mistake - I don't think 'laziness' had anything to do with it - I think Williams was trying to play if off hoping no one had noticed the ball brush his leg. It was a stupid response, but the sense I got of it at the time was that he felt if he'd instantly reacted he's confirming it touched him and it's immediately a live ball. Play it off and there's the chance no one else sees it and/or the instant replay is inconclusive.

It didn't work out too well for him, but I can understand the response.

Extreme - on the first Williams mistake - I don't think 'laziness' had anything to do with it - I think Williams was trying to play if off hoping no one had noticed the ball brush his leg. It was a stupid response, but the sense I got of it at the time was that he felt if he'd instantly reacted he's confirming it touched him and it's immediately a live ball. Play it off and there's the chance no one else sees it and/or the instant replay is inconclusive.

It didn't work out too well for him, but I can understand the response.
So then he's either lazy, or a complete idiot. Either way, he'd be done in San Fran if I was the coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.