• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Joe Paterno Dead

His death certificate will likely read lung cancer was the cause of death but I will always think it was Jerry Sandusky and the scandal that killed him.

His death certificate will likely read lung cancer was the cause of death but I will always think it was Jerry Sandusky and the scandal that killed him.

I gotta agree with this. That is just too much for a man in his physical condition to recover from.

Agreed. They ran that poor bastard through the ringer and robbed him of the little bit of life he had left, because of some child molesting pervert that worked for him. He obviously should have handled it a lot differently, and immediately fired Sandusky, but they still piled 100% of the blowback on him unnecessarily.

Edit:

I feel badly for his wife, kids and friends. Best wishes to them.

Last edited:
Not the time or place for that discussion and you might as well go directly to the PA forum as it will end up there anyway.

Not the time or place for that discussion and you might as well go directly to the PA forum as it will end up there anyway.

No offense intended. My apologies.

I'm with Boone on this. I realize I sort of started it but this isn't where I meant for my comment or this thread to go.

It's ok Neo. I think we all pretty agree this case was handled sloppy and none of us knows more than what was reported, so no need to really discuss that aspect of it much further.

RIP Joe
(I was never a Penn State fan at all, but he earned the respect he gets)

Not sure how realistic it was, but I love the fact that Joe Pa put together a competitive program every year, while still putting education first. Should be the way it is in all colleges. In that, he was a shining example.

RIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.