• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Zorn Is Making Case For His Dismissal

I hate to disagree with Boone, cause he's my favorite poster ever. But I think it is established that Dan Snyder doesn't wait to make his move once he's lost confidence in whomever. I think he was convinced that Campbell is not going to emerge, and tried hard to and almost did replace him. There are other examples..This is just the most recent.

It seems all too clear to me that if Dan Snyder loses that lovin' feelin' (and as BD's twin said Zorn is not helping himself so far), he's going to a new guy. Maybe Mr. Snyder is optimistic right now, but if the season continues like last season ended, that rope is going to tighten around this poor Coach's neck, right or wrong.

Last edited:
I do believe that Mr. Snyder has a compulsive need to meddle with the Redskins in tactical and strategic terms. I agree that polished head coach candidates quickly learn this about Snyder and choose not to sign on the dotted line. Zorn either didn't pick-up on this or was so overwhelmed by the offer that he couldn't see the forest for the trees and said yes.

Zorn and Campbell have little time to impress. Sunday's home opener against the Rams is not just a must win for them. It's a game that the Redskins must win BIG. If they can't score 21 or more agaist the Rams and look good in all phases doing it, then look out. Jason and Jim will have lost all credibility with Snyder and [most] fans.

So, if the team eeks out a win or, God forbid, loses the game Sunday, will Mr. Snyder pull the plug on Zorn? I don't think so. However, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he pressures Zorn to make a QB change for the following game.

Even though the team will still have 14 games to make or break the season, Sunday's game will be the tell-tale sign for Jason's and Jim's future with the Redskins. Will it be thumbs up or thumbs down?

That's always been my unanswered question? Why the WCO? People have the scheme figured out and know how to defend it, and JZ certainly ain't Bill Walsh. Why? Why? WHY?

Answering a question, with more questions.

Which team has pretty much owned the NFC East Title the past decade?
What offense do they run?
~ Captain Obvious

Whether we have the players to run it properly yet is another subject.

Prediction: Zorn will be our coach for the next 10 years.

All of the past history is there and acknowledged.

But if Zorn is in a fight to save his job after 2009 isn't it about time he takes the risk and let's Campbell actually quarterback the team?

There is nothing to be gained in continuing to spoon feed out an offense in Year 2 when we see that approach is not producing results (3 points by the offense in the first 58 minutes Sunday) AND there are the examples of Ryan and Flacco as well as Sanchez to show that you can implement a system and run it that first year in the NFL.

If Zorn does leave my guess is you will see Shanahan here and Vinny will be departing.

Just a hunch.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think Snyder would bring GDubb back, personally. Well, maybe that's just what I hope for...I miss our defense under him. I drool over the thought of Williams with Haynesworth and Orakpo at his disposal.

2) Snyder is a moron. Because only a moron hires a total newb head coach with zero experience and major questions at some key positions, and expects to instantly create a perennial playoff power. It's incomprehensible.

I think Snyder is a lot of things, but a moron he is not. While I see Zorn as a very risky selection, I'm not personally ready to send him packing. I believe he's got more rope this year than we may be willing to believe.

I don't think Snyder is a moron either. I do think tends to make cavalier decisions when he gets stars in his eyes, though. And I think Cowher, Shanahan and Holmgren are pretty big stars.

Personally I think the right course of action is to give Zorn three years at the minimum to turn things around. Snyder seems to have learned some patience during the Gibbs year, but that was Gibbs. I wouldn't be shocked to see Zorn here next year no matter what, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see one of the Three here next year too.

At this point nothing really shocks me. :)

All of the past history is there and acknowledged.

But if Zorn is in a fight to save his job after 2009 isn't it about time he takes the risk and let's Campbell actually quarterback the team?

Posted via BGO Mobile Device

By all means, yes. Pass now while the OL is actually able to protect. Use your high-round drafted receivers. Put the pressure on defenses..Reduce the stacked front. Frequent long yardage 3rd downs don't help your QB any. Make your case, Coach Z.:afro:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.