• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kindle anyone?

I used a gift card from my brother to buy a Kindle Fire after Christmas. Gotta say, I'm pretty wowed with how much you can do with it. Battery life limitations is really the only negative I've found so far (7 hours or so max), and sometimes video is choppy (although that may be more about wireless than the device.

Anyone else got one, and if so, would be interested in your experience, particularly any apps you like?

I got one for my wife for Christmas. That forced me to install wi-fi. My wife loves it and uses it constantly for books and movie/TV/video downloads. She also has a bunch of games for her and the kids.

It had two instances where it had issues with connecting to our wi-fi network. The technical support I received was fast, friendly and effective so I've been impressed so far.

The biggest problem with the Kindle, is the charging cable is just as worthless as the one for Nook. Sure, it seems fine, but it'll break. Then your new one will break. And so on, and so on, and so on. Just remember to use your warranty, and not your money to get a new one.

Major design flaw that both devices have. My wife has gone through 6 in a year on her Nook, and her cousin has gone through 3 in 4 months with her Kindle. It's not anything they are doing either, my wife actually had 2 different cords catch on fire while they were plugged in.

We have 3 Kindles in this house and never once had a problem with a power cord. We also have multiple friends with Kindles and at least 2 friends with Nooks and no one has ever had an issue with the cord.

I'm not refuting what you are saying Ex, but maybe there is something environmental (power spikes maybe?) that is doing your cords in?

Not to pile on, but neither me nor the girlfriend have had any problems with our power cords either. My dad's is fine also.

Google it, it's a very common problem. More so with the Nook cords than the Kindle cords. It isn't environmental, as the first time one went up in flames, it was at my sister's house, and the second time it was at our house, and we live in different cities.

They also have a problem with the part that plugs into the device breaking off. Again, a very common problem. I only know personally of us and 2 friends experiencing this, but as I said, Google it, it is a very common occurrence.

http://www.google.com/search?q=nook+charger+problem&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

http://www.google.com/search?q=nook+charger+problem&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=aik&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=nook+charger+fire&pbx=1&oq=nook+charger+fire&aq=f&aqi=g-b1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=32940l33381l0l33483l4l3l0l0l0l0l223l406l0.1.1l2l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=90c1eb6c7005c121&biw=1600&bih=740

http://www.google.com/search?q=nook+charger+problem&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=7O5&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=kindle+charger+broke&pbx=1&oq=kindle+charger+broke&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=19946l20349l3l20546l4l2l0l2l2l1l252l411l0.1.1l4l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=90c1eb6c7005c121&biw=1600&bih=740

http://www.google.com/search?q=nook+charger+problem&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=SP5&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=kindle+charger+problem&pbx=1&oq=kindle+charger+problem&aq=f&aqi=g1g-b3&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=20889l22162l4l22397l7l7l0l0l0l0l259l1147l0.3.3l6l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=90c1eb6c7005c121&biw=1600&bih=740

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.