• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What are you looking for next week?

Sarge

OK, so it's the Rams. Kinda like playing a high school team. But what do you want to see next week?

I want the stupid penalties and boneheaded mistakes eliminated for one

Smart play would be a start.
I expect Campbell to be accurate on throws and to make better decisions.
I expect the D to create turnovers.
I expect at least 3 if not 4 offensive TDs.
I expect Portis to go over 100 yards rushing.
I expect a real NFL pass rush indicative of the talent on D.

I'd like to see the offensive line get a good push on running plays, but I don't really expect it.

I posted this elsewhere, but I think this game determines how the rest of the season goes. If we come out and wax this team like we should, the season goes well, possibly ending in a wild card. If we come out and barely beat them, and struggle offensively and defensively, its gonna be a long season. If we (god forbid) LOSE to this team AGAIN, might as well hang 'em up, we're gonna be picking #1 overall.

I posted this elsewhere, but I think this game determines how the rest of the season goes. If we come out and wax this team like we should, the season goes well, possibly ending in a wild card. If we come out and barely beat them, and struggle offensively and defensively, its gonna be a long season. If we (god forbid) LOSE to this team AGAIN, might as well hang 'em up, we're gonna be picking #1 overall.

Lord, I hope it's the former. But I can just as easily see them coming out flat footed, all full of themselves thinking they actually are a good team and that they can whack the Rams with no effort.

Sad to say it about game 2 of the season, but this weeks game might just be a critical, season deciding game

I agree with this completely. I am rarely one to say something like this, but we need to thrash the Rams. By the start of the 4th quarter, there needs to be no doubt left about the outcome of the game. If we jerk around with these guys and squeak out a half-hearted win, my enthusiasm for the season will be shattered.

The hallmark of the '08 Skins was our inability to show up against weak opponents. We need to prove that we'll not only show up against weak opponents, but we'll smother them.

Last year we lost to Cincy, St. Louis, and San Fran, and nearly lost to Detroit. We need to slam the door on that foolishness, with authority.

Todd Collins to start at QB so Zorn will feel comfortable calling the right plays.

I agree that if there was ever a “must win” week two game this is it.

I don’t care how it gets done, just get it done.

In the interests of providing information and possible insights into how to answer this question, here is a "report card" analysis of how the Rams performed-and didn't perform-against the Seahawks taken from the Rams Report taken from the StLouis Today website (link posted after the quoted comments)

QUARTERBACK: He was sacked three times, but Marc Bulger didn’t get much done even when he had plenty of time to throw. Bulger, playing with his injured right pinky finger taped, looked tentative in the pocket never did get into a rhythm. He wasn’t intercepted, but completed just 47.2 percent of his passes and earned a poor 63.5 passer rating. When a team gets shut out, most of the blame falls on the QB. GRADE: F

RUNNING BACKS: Steven Jackson didn’t have much room to operate, but he didn’t bring much juice, either, getting just 67 yards on 16 carries. His 4.2-yard-per-carry average was propped up by some late bursts well after the outcome was determined. Only two passes were thrown Jackson’s way, and he caught neither. One was a flat-out drop. GRADE: D-

RECEIVERS: WRs Donnie Avery and Laurent Robinson, and TE Randy McMichael combined for 15 catches and 177 yards. But that was about the extent of the receivers’ contributions. WR Keenan Burton, who had trouble getting separation, had just one receptions, as did TE Daniel Fells. GRADE: C-

OFFENSIVE LINE: The pass blocking wasn’t terrible, despite the three sacks. There were few holes for Jackson to exploit. Rookie RT Jason Smith gave up one of the sacks but generally was OK. G Richie Incognito’s two personal-foul penalties were killers, and his undisciplined play dragged down the entire unit. GRADE: D-

DEFENSIVE LINE: Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck was rarely touched, and he torched the Rams for 279 yards and three TDs. Again, the Rams were gashed on the ground. Seattle rolled up 167 rushing yards, including a 62-yard TD run by Julius Jones in which he was barely touched. DE Leonard Little was whistled for a 15-yard personal foul that extended Seattle’s first TD drive. GRADE: D-

LINEBACKERS: Rookie James Laurinaitis was stout in the middle, collecting 14 tackles in the unofficial press-box stats. He had some miscues in coverage, but overall it was an impressive debut. David Vobora was active at SLB, but also had a couple of breakdowns. WLB Will Witherspoon had six stops and forced a fumble that Laurinaitis recovered. GRADE: C

SECONDARY: Safeties Oshiomogho Atogwe and James Butler had interceptions that snuffed promising Seahawks drives. CB Ron Bartell was generally strong in coverage, and Jonathan Wade did OK in his start at the other corner, although at times the DBs gave the receivers too much cushion. GRADE: C+

SPECIAL TEAMS: Donnie Avery fumbled away the opening kickoff. Josh Brown missed a 37-yard FG. A blocked FG and subsequent TD run was wiped out by an inexcusable 12-men-on-the-field penalty. Donnie Jones was his usual steady self, averaging 50.8 yards on eight punts. Rams returns were OK, their coverage pretty good. GRADE: D-

COACHING: There were problems getting personnel into the game, which cost the Rams a couple of timeouts. HC Steve Spagnuolo had a generally rough debut, but he earned points for temporarily benching, but not burying, Richie Incognito after his second personal foul. OC Pat Shurmur’s play-calling was timid and uninspired. The Rams failed to capitalize on the three early turnovers that DC Ken Flajole’s unit provided. The defense remains soft vs. the run, and there was little pressure on Hasselbeck. Tom McMahon’s special-teams committed a couple of major gaffes. GRADE: D-

Article link:http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/09/rams-report-card-vs-seahawks-2/

In the interests of providing information and possible insights into how to answer this question, here is a "report card" analysis of how the Rams performed-and didn't perform-against the Seahawks taken from the Rams Report taken from the StLouis Today website (link posted after the quoted comments)

Article link:http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/09/rams-report-card-vs-seahawks-2/

Man, after reading that write-up...we REALLY better destroy these guys.

I want to see the offense to go to Kelly early and often.
I want to see solid pressure with just 4 D linemen.
I want to see guys actually take the QB down when they get to him.
I want to see solid tackling by the secondary.
I want to see some solid play calling.

I want to see the offense to go to Kelly early and often.
I want to see solid pressure with just 4 D linemen.
I want to see guys actually take the QB down when they get to him.
I want to see solid tackling by the secondary.
I want to see some solid play calling.

Neo, Your last line is the clincher. My own feelings-mirrored by most of the comments I've seen-are concerning Zorn's baffling play calling and Campbell's continued problem with indecision and missing opportunities to, for example, run when the opportunity presents itself. I don't know how much of that is his fault or how much of it is option restrictions based on coaching strategy-but it seems to be the most immediate problem the Skins face. Why the under-utilization of a WR group that have been praised to the heavens by just about everyone? If we have tools and talent, why are they not being used, or at least tried? That is what I would like to see-what I have seen so far is an extension of what didn't work last season. It won't work this season either.

You never want to say a game is "must win" this early in the season but this one truly is. We gave one away to them last year and we owe them. If we want to remotely be considered a contender and not a pretender, this game HAS to be won.

I'm looking for Campbell to come up big with what SHOULD be ample time to throw. I'm also looking for him to be more decisive.

On defense, I'm looking for a better pass rush and for our D to do a better job stopping the run. In reality, the Giants have one of the better O-Lines in the NFL so I really expect our D to look vastly improved.

If we lose the game, Zorn's back will really be against the wall and I don't think he can afford that. In reality, we need to win the next four and it has to start with the Rams.

There are lots of things I'd like to see:

1. Better run blocking and more production from the running game.
2. More passes to our second year receivers.
3. Better tackling on defense (Laron Landry needs to stop leaving his feet trying to make a big hit)
4. Effective pressure from our defensive line. They're still not getting much in the way of sacks and even when they blitz, it always seems to get picked up.
5. Better playcalling (Neo I agree with you on this). I thought the three straight runs from our own end was overly conservative and showed no confidence in the O-line or QB.
6. Less predictability - Mix up the plays and formations. I don't study film, but I can usually tell when it is going to be run or pass before the play starts. I imagine any defense worth its salt should be able to do the same, especially with film study.

I agree with this completely. I am rarely one to say something like this, but we need to thrash the Rams. By the start of the 4th quarter, there needs to be no doubt left about the outcome of the game. If we jerk around with these guys and squeak out a half-hearted win, my enthusiasm for the season will be shattered.

The hallmark of the '08 Skins was our inability to show up against weak opponents. We need to prove that we'll not only show up against weak opponents, but we'll smother them.

Last year we lost to Cincy, St. Louis, and San Fran, and nearly lost to Detroit. We need to slam the door on that foolishness, with authority.

One of the hallmarks of Gibbs was statement wins. After a promising 3-0 start in 2005, we lost two very winnable games, and came out and stomped the pathetic 49ers by 50 points or so.

In 2007, after a tough loss to NY to go 2-1, we came out at home and waxed the Lions 34-3.

We need a statement game, and we need it fast.

I expect our "fans" to criticize everything about the Skins as per normal and I expect the real fans to enjoy watching their team play on Sunday.

So "real fans" can't be critical of their team?

if thats all you do then you arent a real fan to begin with. if portis gets a 30 yard run and you complain that he didnt take it to the house thats what i mean.

Mike, no one here does nothing but criticize the team, when CP made that nice run everybody, and I mean everybody here was tickled pink-myself included. Wanting your team to do well is part of being a fan. Think of it this way; if a total stranger makes a dumb mistake or a poor decision and winds up hurting themselves because of it you may shake your head, maybe even snicker and mumble"dumb a**!", but if a loved one makes the same kind of mistake, we get angry and quite possibly jump square into their s**t ranting, raving, and foaming at the mouth. Why?-because we care about them and it hurts to watch them doing something that's hurting them.

Fans and their team are like family-criticizing something the team does, especially when it demonstrably hurts their performance, is like yelling at your kid brother when he screws up. We want our team to do well-because we care so much about them.

sorry man but I have to disagree. I have seen enough debbie downers, skins bashers and downright people who are giving up after week 1 to know I am not off base here. And personally if someone I said I cared about or loved messed up I sure wouldnt just jump down their throat, I would try to educate them or help them not make the same mistake again.

I wouldnt blame Campbell one bit if he wanted out of here. The constant doubting of his intelligence, his physical ability and just downright trash talking is unreal. If he read half of the stuff that is written on the internet about him he would lose his mind.

Can he even read?

J/K:nana:

I'm looking for a win. Anything else is gravy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.