• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The thing Campbell can do to instantly improve

I guess I am not communicating myself well enough to be understood. I am not saying that you are saying that. I dont think Delhomme was ever anything but an average QB that had 2 great years. That is all. I dont want him over Campbell.

Campbell was NOT shown up by Stafford and you need to check the stats before you make that assessment. The coaches killed that by running the ball 5 times in the first half and being extremely predictable. The defense lost that game for us when they let them drive the ball 99.5 yards for a TD and couldnt get off the field on 3rd downs. A QB that goes for 348 and 2 TDs does NOT lose the game for you.

He WAS shown up by Stafford--in the area where it matters most: the win column. Campbell's supporters are always throwing around his stats and his QB rating. I watch the games with my own eyes and haven't formed my opinion of Campbell overnight. I've wanted him to succeed. But, it's clear to me that he doesn't have what it takes to be a good QB at this level. He was missing receivers all over the field on Sunday against Detroit. He was making poor throws and poor decisions, failing to read defenses. He has been doing this for years. His major flaws have never been improved upon or corrected. How many more seasons does he need to prove himself? How many more games where the offense fails to score 21 points will it take? Do we have other deficiencies on offense? Of course, but at some point, you have to look at the most important individual position on offense and ask whether he's getting the job done. Campbell is not getting it done. All I know is that for the brief time when TC took over (he's obviously not the answer by the way--just using an example) we looked more like a real NFL offense than at any point since Gibbs came back. Campbell has had plenty of time to prove that he will go out and win and score points. The offense has NEVER been productive with him running the show.

Actually, in all fairness, a great deal of the apparent discrepancy between passing yardage and points scored is due to constantly trying to run into the end zone-which is more on Zorn than Campbell.

Honestly though, I should just disclaim your entire post for the Aaron Brooks mentioning. Next thing you're going to say that Ryan Leaf and Campbell can be compared.

And why is that? Aaron Brooks had 4 3500+ yard seasons, and two 3800+ yard seasons. He was widely regarded as being extremely physically talented. In fact, I'd would venture to guess he's got better physical gifts than Jason Campbell. Why would a guy who threw for a ton of yards not make it in this league, Mike?

Because Aaron Brooks could not read an NFL defense, or remember routes, etc. He could not play the QB position - he did not have the football IQ necessary for it. This is why he compares to Campbell. Ryan Leaf is another example of a quarterback with immense physical gifts who just did not have the mental aspect of it down. Although, he's not as comparable, because he didn't even have success - he was too thin-skinned to stick around, something Campbell definitely is not.

Campbell does just fine in remembering routes; its that he gets new ones every single year. he picks up what he is supposed to learn and....

So according to your theory, Brett Favre should not be successful in Minnesota? He is on his 4th different coach and scheme in the past 5 years, more than Campbell. And by the way, he has thrown more INT's than any other QB in the history of the NFL. But he still wins! Why?

Mike, like I have said in the past, I know you are extremely passionate and obviously loyal! But the argument that is being made now is that Jason Campbell has not exhibited in around 40 NFL starts that he can consistently walk up to center, scan the defensive scheme, make a quick and decisive decision, call an audible (when appropriate) and execute that wisely chosen play.

Instead what we still see from him is he walks to the line, scans the D, gets scared and on 3rd and 8 he calls an audible to run to the weakest point of our O-line, whereas, before he simply would have called a time out. That is what I think everyone is trying to express.

Last edited:
I know I am a homer; I even made a thread about it. I kind of feel like when I make a case for JC that it gets tossed aside because of that.

Nah Mike, I believe the guys and gals on this site respect your opinion. I know I do, even if it is blinded by your burgundy and gold glasses sometimes. Campbell did make some good decisions in the game last week by throwing it away in the right situations and even running when he had to.

Look man, after these many years of trying to be patient w/ Campbell, I am almost fearful of letting him go at the end of the season because he may go to a team that can better utilize his talents than we have here in DC. I am afraid it is gonna be another Brad Johnson situation and we are gonna watch this kid go somewhere else and win.

I think it is becoming more and more apparent that our front office is the crux of the problem here in DC. I was sold that if we had a better QB with more abilities we could be contenders, but I was blinded by my own set of burgundy and gold glasses.

Hail to the Redskins! :cheers:

Ho-hum, just another two fumbles from Campbell this week, one setting up the opening score for the Bucs. Kind of hard to harass a young QB when you give him a TEN YARD FIELD to work with. Oy vey.

Starting to look like Campbell's gonna reach that 32 fumble mark...well, unless he gets benched for Collins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.