• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If your were in the Redskins front office ..

redskins76

if your were in the Redskins office would you move up to take RG3 or stay were we currently are at 6 and grab Blackmon if he's available , or trade back and stock pile picks...just saying if were able to get blackmon we can pick weeden in the 2nd or 3rd round and he knows how to throw to blackmon ,also takes care of the ball ..plus he's a mature young qb at 28 !:claps:

Too much is going to happen between now and the draft to get a good feel. If I had to guess the first three will be Luck, Blackmon and Kalil. Then you get to the Browns at the 4th pick and things get a little fuzzy.

Any team who is smart in the top 5 or so is going to at least fake interest in RGIII to generate trade talks since he is creating the most buzz at the moment with Luck all but certain to go 1st overall. I don't think we're going to see the big move a some people hope for. Of course that's just my guess.

As long as I'm making wild ass guesses I'm going to say the Browns draft a RB and the Bucs draft a CB leaving RGIII for us at six without having to move up. we shall see.

if your were in the Redskins office would you move up to take RG3 or stay were we currently are at 6 and grab Blackmon if he's available , or trade back and stock pile picks...just saying if were able to get blackmon we can pick weeden in the 2nd or 3rd round and he knows how to throw to blackmon ,also takes care of the ball ..plus he's a mature young qb at 28 !:claps:

only if we had someone like FLYNN locked up BEFORE the draft. otherwise, I'm thinking I pay a pretty high price for the polymath Heisman Trophy winner.

Too much is going to happen between now and the draft to get a good feel. If I had to guess the first three will be Luck, Blackmon and Kalil. Then you get to the Browns at the 4th pick and things get a little fuzzy.

Any team who is smart in the top 5 or so is going to at least fake interest in RGIII to generate trade talks since he is creating the most buzz at the moment with Luck all but certain to go 1st overall. I don't think we're going to see the big move a some people hope for. Of course that's just my guess.

As long as I'm making wild ass guesses I'm going to say the Browns draft a RB and the Bucs draft a CB leaving RGIII for us at six without having to move up. we shall see.

don't forget...up until the last 3 weeks or so...all the pundits had Newton as the 3rd rated QB going somewhere between 8 and 10.

Trade back and take picks if a move for Griffin is not there.

The Jaguars and Vikings panicked last year and went up for Gabbert and Ponder. Neither player looks like a franchise qb.

A week before the draft, Ponder was supposed to go #24 or #25.

Seems like the Redskins dislike for Gabbert was well-founded.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Collect Bradford (a Shanny favorite) and his contract from the Rams for this year's 2nd.
They get RGIII.
Regain a 2nd by moving back in round one and begin filling the offense out.

Collect Bradford (a Shanny favorite) and his contract from the Rams for this year's 2nd.
They get RGIII.
As I just posted in Brother Ryman's thread, I think the Rams take a massive cap hit if they trade Bradford. Somebody more up to speed on how it would work will come along to either explain, or show how I don't know what I'm talking about.

only if we had someone like FLYNN locked up BEFORE the draft. otherwise, I'm thinking I pay a pretty high price for the polymath Heisman Trophy winner.

i don't know bout Flynn ..could be another Kolb , haven't seen enough tape on this guy , college yes NFL no ...my guess knowing the REDSKINS history ..will get him !:frown2:

Trade back and take picks if a move for Griffin is not there.

The Jaguars and Vikings panicked last year and went up for Gabbert and Ponder. Neither player looks like a franchise qb.

A week before the draft, Ponder was supposed to go #24 or #25.

Seems like the Redskins dislike for Gabbert was well-founded.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

my thoughts are if he's there ..u got to take him unless tha viking's dont ask for much ...i just dont want him to whoop are butts for years to come ..i think he's going to be a star in tha NFL ...but u know shanny coaching tha south so he's going to fall in luv with some of them kidz ...i just hope they are what we need !

I like your thinking. Chances are Blackmon will be gone before we pick. Chances are we would have to give up two #1's and another high pick to move up for RG3. This is too much for a team with too many holes. I'd wait to see who is available at 6 and listen to potential offers to trade back. Then draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd, which we may have worked with at Senior Bowl.

As I just posted in Brother Ryman's thread, I think the Rams take a massive cap hit if they trade Bradford....
Yup, your point is valid.

Browsing the net shows many a scenario of cap hits being in the neighborhood of $14+M, depending on the timing.

First option is to move up to #2 or #3 and draft RG3. In my opinion, I think the Rams are going to stick with Bradford (in part due to the aforementioned massive cap hit involved in trading him), stand pat at 2nd overall and draft Blackmon or Jeffrey, whichever is the WR de jour after the combine. I think that will be Blackmon, but maybe Jeffrey posts insane combine numbers and surpasses him? Who knows. Either that, or they will take Richardson to give Bradford a stud RB to take attention off of him, and help with the offense. It will likely depend on who they bring in as head coach - if its Jeff Fisher, Richardson just might be the guy. Fisher loves a stud RB to focus his offense around. In previous years, they might look to trade down because of salary, but with the new rookie contract system, there is no need to risk missing out on their guy.

So, we look to move up with the Vikings at #3 or Cleveland at #4. The Vikings will not be looking for a QB as they have Ponder and Webb, however I'm sure they will be entertaining trade down offers from many teams, including Cleveland. You've got to think Cleveland is looking for a QB - even if they like McCoy. I don't think Colt will want to play there anymore (assuming his brain isn't scrambled) after the way they handled him. Could be a messy divorce.

If there is no deal on the table, or someone else is bidding so exorbitantly as to price the Skins out, then you trade back (numbers 17 and 21 from Cincy, perhaps?) like last year. Another option would be to trade back with Carolina, Buffalo or KC, and target one of the fat boys from Stanford (DeCastro at OG would help out a lot) to bolster the offensive line (I think both will be gone before pick 17). I don't think we'll see an OL drafted before the 3rd or 4th round, but that all depends on how Shanny feels about TW's commitment. Kinda risky if your starting LT is one hit away from missing an entire year!

If we do not trade up for RG3 (sadface), then take Tannehill in the 2nd round if available, or Kellen Moore in the 3rd or 4th round (possibly both?).

Anyway, I LOVE this time of year...the draft is awesome.

Griffin is not a consensus NFL pick like Luck or Cam Newton. There are questions about his game at the next level, enough to make a team in dire need of successful choices like the Redskins to pass on that type of gamble.

If the Redskins were picking #2 and it was a matter of deciding whether to commit a high pick for Griffin that would be one thing.

But having to give up the meat of your draft class this year AND next to move up is something this team really can't afford to do.

The cupboard on the OL, at WR and at CB is much to thin to trade away all the Day 1 picks for one player.

just in Nick Floes and Weeden might be coached by shanny in tha senior bowl ...i like tha way Weeden looks and handles tha ball , only thing with him he's 28 but if we can get him in tha 2nd or 3rd round might be alright ..reminds me of big ben ...Foles not to bad either ...i just don't know i fell like there's a curse on tha skins ..they can be good untill they come D.C. ......

just in Nick Floes and Weeden might be coached by shanny in tha senior bowl ...i like tha way Weeden looks and handles tha ball , only thing with him he's 28 but if we can get him in tha 2nd or 3rd round might be alright ..reminds me of big ben ...Foles not to bad either ...i just don't know i fell like there's a curse on tha skins ..they can be good untill they come D.C. ......

Nick Foles has way too many negatives, IMO. Also, he's a lot like Jason Campbell - threw a lot of swing passes and check downs, has a big arm but is inaccurate on the long ball, and lacks field vision.

i looked at nick foles and he does throws into alot double teamed wide outs , which they caught ..but by luck ,in tha nfl they would've been int ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.