• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Best TV Has To Offer

"Last Man Standing" is like an edgier version of "Home Improvement," with updated jokes. If you like one, you probably would like the other, IMO.

(Disclaimer, I've only seen one episode).

At the moment, Lanky, it is more one of those shows where I don't turn the channel when it comes on as opposed to something I seek out. Frankly, I might be watching it because Tim Allen's character has only daughters and I am fascinated with the train wreck my life might become as mine get older. :paranoid:

"Last Man Standing" is like an edgier version of "Home Improvement," with updated jokes. If you like one, you probably would like the other, IMO.

(Disclaimer, I've only seen one episode).
This assessment is right on the money.

Two Broke Girls is hit or miss. You'll have a damn funny episode followed by a snooze fest.

The Middle, Modern Family, and The New Girl are all nice comedies.

The Middle has perhaps one of my favorite TV characters ever - Sue Heck.

I totally forgot about Entourage - love that show. Finally started to watch season 8 last night.

I have only caught 1 episode, but William H. Macy is one of the better actors around, and rarely gets the credit he deserves.

I am liking Person of Interest, but then I also like Burn Notice and the Cinemax show from england that I can't remember the name of (basicly an anti-terror special forces group). Game of Thrones is awesome, but I am saying that as somebody who loves the books.

I saw the pilot episode of Rob last night with Rob Schneider and Cheech Marin - funny ****. Hard to say if it can carry over the momentum from the premier episode, but we'll see.

1. Orlando Magic basketball games.
2. Tosh

Thanks for the mention of "The League." I've just started to watch season one.

I might have to add Person of Interest to my list.

Too early to say for sure but after the 2 hour series premier of Alcatraz last night, that one is going on my Don't Miss list for the time being.

Too early to say for sure but after the 2 hour series premier of Alcatraz last night, that one is going on my Don't Miss list for the time being.

Really? I mean, if you take away the poor acting, plot holes big enough to drive an M1-Abrams through and ridiculous premise, its an okay show I guess. I'm going to give it one more week, but it looks like a bust to me.

Really? I mean, if you take away the poor acting, plot holes big enough to drive an M1-Abrams through and ridiculous premise, its an okay show I guess. I'm going to give it one more week, but it looks like a bust to me.

*shrug*

Having been an actor, I thought the acting was pretty good, but I'm likely not the best person to ask as I tend to cut some slack to actors early in any series when they are still working on who the character is.

As for plot holes, dude, it's Week 1 of an Abrams mystery based totally on fiction. It's Fringe, just with a different premise. There are supposed to be holes. And as for the "ridiculous premise"...I'm guessing you don't like Dr Who either, huh?

It may not be for everyone. No worries. I don't understand why half the stuff named in this thread gets the time of day from anyone other than just chalking it up to different strokes for different folks.

*shrug*

Having been an actor, I thought the acting was pretty good, but I'm likely not the best person to ask as I tend to cut some slack to actors early in any series when they are still working on who the character is.

As for plot holes, dude, it's Week 1 of an Abrams mystery based totally on fiction. It's Fringe, just with a different premise. There are supposed to be holes. And as for the "ridiculous premise"...I'm guessing you don't like Dr Who either, huh?

It may not be for everyone. No worries. I don't understand why half the stuff named in this thread gets the time of day from anyone other than just chalking it up to different strokes for different folks.

Sorry, my original response came off a little ahole-ish; I wasn't intentionally doing so. :)

I've actually never seen Dr. Who! The premise, you're right, needs a little more time. We don't even really know what the premise is yet, but I just felt like he didn't do as good a job as he did with Lost in roping us in. I was sort of uninterested while watching - guess that's the 'different strokes' stuff you're talking about.

As to plot holes, I was referring to more major plot holes, not genre-driven ones. For example, this is some top-secret operation that nobody knows about (the main operative isn't even listed as a federal agent) and yet nobody blinks an eye when the blonde wants this random professor she JUST met off the internet to be her full-time partner. I guess if you accept that he's an Alcatraz expert it sort of works, but we're given no other background or anything. That really bothered me.

Anyway, more power to you if you enjoy it! Maybe next week it will get really good. I can't really tell yet if Jurassic Park is a good guy or a bad guy - there's a really weird dynamic going on with him.

The Middle, Modern Family, and The New Girl are all nice comedies.

The Middle has perhaps one of my favorite TV characters ever - Sue Heck.

Good call on all three. We actually just started DVR-ing New Girl.

The Middle hits so close to home it's kinda creepy. :)

Good call on all three. We actually just started DVR-ing New Girl.

The Middle hits so close to home it's kinda creepy. :)

Raising Hope (comes on after New Girl) is also pretty funny. Plus the writers must be from VA/be Caps fans because the dad is always wearing a Capitals shirt and has worn a shirt referencing VA a couple times. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.