• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Worst TV Has to Offer

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
While the Kardashians are up there along with just about any MTV programming...take your pick...the worst TV out there right now has to be Hardcore Pawn.

At the time I decided to watch a couple of episodes, I was enjoying Pawn Stars on the History Channel. I figured I'd give Hardcore a shot. I have since lost interest in the guys at Pawn Stars, but I could only watch a couple episodes of Hardcore. It is ridiculous. They need more fights if they are going to talk so much smack! The old man that owns the place would get hurt if he didn't have the enormous security that he has. He talks so much! Jerry springer in a pawn shop.

What TV shows have you watched and felt a little dumber for it?

Two and a half men and the Big Bang Theory.

And yet somehow, SportNight was canceled after three years, but these shows have been on how long?

While the Kardashians are up there along with just about any MTV programming...take your pick...the worst TV out there right now has to be Hardcore Pawn.

At the time I decided to watch a couple of episodes, I was enjoying Pawn Stars on the History Channel. I figured I'd give Hardcore a shot. I have since lost interest in the guys at Pawn Stars, but I could only watch a couple episodes of Hardcore. It is ridiculous. They need more fights if they are going to talk so much smack! The old man that owns the place would get hurt if he didn't have the enormous security that he has. He talks so much! Jerry springer in a pawn shop.

What TV shows have you watched and felt a little dumber for it?
This list could be encyclopedic if I wanted it to be but I'll put a special emphasis, in my case, on the "reality spin-off" type shows like the audiovisual atrocity you mention . It was very astute of you El to notice the resemblance between that show and Jerry Springer-I imagine the audience demographic would likely be remarkably similar. Granted this is all a matter of personal taste but you did ask for tv that I would feel "dumber" for having watched in which case most tv I have encountered in the past few years that bears a stomach-churning resemblance to grocery store checkout counter tabloids would qualify.

This is excluding Redskins games, right?

Reality television. All of it. Not everything poeple do is interesting.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Jersey Shore has got to be in the top 3.

Two and a half men and the Big Bang Theory
You obviously have no sense of humor, both of these are hilarious.

Are you one of those people who says this, but puts Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, etc. at the top of the all time list of funny shows?

It's all preference really, and I can see why someone would hate 2 and a half men.....but Big Bang Theory is quite possibly the funniest show on tv right now.

Jersey Shore has got to be in the top 3.

I can say with great pride I have never watched a second of any episode of that show. The most unfortunate thing about that is that I know who Snookie is. Why?

Henry, while I don't watch it as much as I did when it first came out, the guy in American Restoration is a pretty good character guy and is very talented.

Or is this considered Reality TV?

Hey extreme...the jerk store just called...

That's gold Jerry, gold I tell ya!

I'll watch the NCIS shows on Tuesday night and that is all the prime time TV for me. I'll watch sports, news, and good movies when those are on the air. Pretty sure I'm not missing too much.

I have not watched a single prime time drama since the original Law & Order. I really think any drama that comes out now that is any good is made by one of the premium channels.

I tried to watch Big Bang Theory, but I found it to be well...it sucked! :laugh: But I disagree with Two and a Half Men. I think that show is gold! Gold I tell ya Jerry! Boone, that was funny!

On a flip side, my new favorite is Boss. Kelsey Grammer should definitely be recognized by the Emmy's for his work on that show.

And BB, I am generally doing the same.

Last edited:
Elephant, you hit the nail on the head. Hardcore Pawn is the most ignorant show on television. And great analogy to Jerry Springer. I literally feel like I have to shower after watching that trash.

I would like to nominate another show--one which I haven't even seen. But just by the name of it, I'm so sure that it's a piece of crap, that I believe it deserves consideration. Tots and Tiaras.

That's right. This is a blind nomination.

I hate everything about the show--mainly the parents, of course. But I also have a strong hatred for the overweight housewives that sit on the couch and eat more ice cream while watching that trash.

*Ends rant* Whew....I feel much better now.

Last edited:
Elephant, you hit the nail on the head. Hardcore Pawn is the most ignorant show on television. And great analogy to Jerry Springer. I literally feel like I have to shower after watching that trash.

I would like to nominate another show--one which I haven't even seen. But just by the name of it, I'm so sure that it's a piece of crap, that I believe it deserves consideration. Tots and Tiaras.

That's right. This is a blind nomination.

I hate everything about the show--mainly the parents, of course. But I also have a strong hatred for the overweight housewives that sit on the couch and eat more ice cream while watching that trash.

*Ends rant* Whew....I feel much better now.

Good call McD5! Someone posted this on my wife's wall on Facebook just the other day. It's a clip from Tots and Tiaras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4-5qUEiLlM&feature=youtu.be

Child should be taken from her mother!

Good call McD5! Someone posted this on my wife's wall on Facebook just the other day. It's a clip from Tots and Tiaras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4-5qUEiLlM&feature=youtu.be

Child should be taken from her mother!

El, you mMcD5 and I are absolutely on the same page with this one. When I heard the premise of the show and saw clips I was honestly appalled. I seldom reach any level of what people normally refer to as "moral disgust" but this one triggered a deep revulsion in me. I find the entire idea wretched, degrading, and almost grotesquely perverted.

Sorry about the "rant" mode there but I just had a visceral bad reaction to this show idea.

Yeah serv, when I created the thread, I didn't mean for there to be such a negative tone. I guess it was inevitable with the topic matter, bad TV. :laugh:

When Big Bang is on it is an incredibly funny show. It's become a little hit or miss, but that's because it takes chances. They need to back away from making every episode about Sheldon. They have a good ensemble. I'd give it another chance... the first two seasons were great!

Second on the reality shows. The only ones I can stand are the Chef Ramsey shows, but a large part of that is watching someone working towards their dream. It's an American dream contest which is compelling. Someone who has loved cooking and probably strived to do this all their life will be catapulted to their dream job.

That's pretty cool.

The bitchfests and Survivors you can keep.

When Big Bang is on it is an incredibly funny show. It's become a little hit or miss, but that's because it takes chances. They need to back away from making every episode about Sheldon. They have a good ensemble. I'd give it another chance... the first two seasons were great!

Second on the reality shows. The only ones I can stand are the Chef Ramsey shows, but a large part of that is watching someone working towards their dream. It's an American dream contest which is compelling. Someone who has loved cooking and probably strived to do this all their life will be catapulted to their dream job.

That's pretty cool.

The bitchfests and Survivors you can keep.
I agree with the Ramsey shows - Hell's Kitchen is one of my favorite shows, and Kitchen Nightmares is pretty good too.

I don't know what's more unbelievable - the fact Survivor is still on the air, or the fact they still have a market for it. My wife loves most reality shows, but I am glad we can both say we've never seen Jersey Shore.

Oh, and not all reality tv is bad. The documentary based ones like Swamp People, Ax Men, etc. are pretty bad ass. I must also confess to being a Big Brother fan. Just like with a lot of things, most people rag on shows they either never watched, or watched one time, so when people dog shows I like, it doesn't bother me at all, because it's a guarantee they watch something retarded like Jersey Shore or Desperate Housewives.

Full Throttle Saloon was good at first, but it's gotten to the point now where it's the exact same thing year after year. It's always Mike Ballard crying that he's gonna go bankrupt and lose his houses if he only makes a bazillion dollars this year, Jesse always working on some crazy stunt and bitching about cover charges, and Angie acting like she isn't the biggest bitch to ever walk the planet, while over hyping herself and her lack of talent lame ass flaunt girls. Same ****, different year every single season, none of it ever changes.

Last edited:
You obviously have no sense of humor, both of these are hilarious.

Are you one of those people who says this, but puts Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, etc. at the top of the all time list of funny shows?

It's all preference really, and I can see why someone would hate 2 and a half men.....but Big Bang Theory is quite possibly the funniest show on tv right now.

There isn't a lot of great comedy work being done right now, though Louie on FX is hysterical. 30 Rock is uneven, but by and large pretty good, I have professed my love for Cougartown elsewhere, and Community and Parks and Rec have both hit their strides nicely.

I just don't get either BBT or TAAHM, at all. The delivery is canned, isn't there still a laugh track? Ugh. After being told by people I respect that TAAHM was hysterical, we tried for four episodes; we have a different sense of humor, I guess.

And El, I agree dramas aren't great on network TV these days, but you just missed Friday Night Lights, which was a GREAT show, Parenthood has its moments, and even the Good Wife is pretty good. You need to try Justified though. I am rewatching the first season now and it is a helluva show. Really, REALLY well done. Exciting, entertaining, thrilling, funny, etc. On AMC, Mad Men is at times, extraordinary. The Suitcase last year is one of the best hours of television I have ever experienced.

Oh, and Extreme, I never liked Seinfeld when it was on. My college roommate LOVED it, obsessed about it. I never got it. I find it more funny now than I did then, but still not my favorite (sorry everyone else). Cheers I love, but it's more of a nostalgia thing for me. I watched that growing up, and that's more about memories than it being a really great sitcom. Friends? Meh. The first two seasons were really good, after that, not so much. My all time favorite sitcom may just be Scrubs (first 5-6 seasons). Huge Bill Lawrence fan, loved Spin City too (with Michael J Fox, NOT Charlie Sheen). And Sports Night is another all time fav.

As for the tone of the thread, I could not agree more with McD5. I saw clips of that Tots and Tiaras monstrosity on Jon Stewart, and was appalled. I don't even know what channel it is on, and I don't want to know. What I do want to know is why people are protesting American Muslim (or whatever it is) and NOT that garbage. Good God. We watched the second season of Idol with Clay and Reuben, some Fear Factor occassionally, and that's about it for Reality TV. Big waste of time, imo.

(I will add the entire family likes Wipeout. But I rationalize and tell myself its a gameshow.)

...Reality TV. Big waste of time, imo.
Agreed.

First off, there is no such thing, for in reality, there wouldn't be cameras present. It's like watching "Pro" wrestling. Some see it as entertainment, and that's fine. I see it as someone being fed liver, being told it's chocolate, and then convincing themselves that it indeed does taste, just like chocolate.

Don't watch sitcoms any more. Not even reruns of shows I used to like. Tastes shift over time. 99% of my TV viewing is movies, and sports related shows. I do, on occasion, sit through some of the wife's addiction to HGTV. Most of which is House Hunters/International.

Marriage demands sacrifice. ;)

"Reality TV" as a whole is the worst thing to happen to television, ever.

Followed closely now by the so-called, News. You have to sit through 20 mins of BS for every 5 mins of actual news. And that may be too generous of an estimate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.