• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Most memorable Redskins Wild Card Performance

What was your most memorable Redskins Wild Card Performance?

• 1982 Vs Detroit - Alvin Garret 3 TD Catches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1982 Vs Detroit - Jeris White 77 INT Return for a TD

• 1986 Vs LA Rams - Darrell Green running down and Eric Dickerson

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 1990 @ Philadelphia - Defeating the Eagles 20-6

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • 1992 @ Minnesota - Defeating the Vikings 24-7

• 1999 Vs. Detroit - Defeating the Lions 27-13

• 2005 @ Tampa Bay - Sean Taylor 51 Yard Fumble Recovery for a TD

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

fuji869

The Rookie
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
There was a time where our beloved Washington Redskins made the playoffs on a regular basis. And even though we the Redskins are not current play off contenders like in years past lets relive some of the moments from the glory days.

What was you most memorable Redskins Wild Card Performance

1982 Vs Detroit - Alvin Garret 3 TD Catches (21, 21 & 27 Yards)
1982 Vs Detroit - Jeris White 77 INT Return for a TD
1986 Vs LA Rams - Darrell Green running down and Eric Dickerson
1990 @ Philadelphia - Defeating the Eagles 20-6 Getting Revenge for the “Body Bag” Game
1992 @ Minnesota - Defeating the Vikings 24-7 the week after the Vikings knocked off the Packers to get the Redskins into the playoffs
1999 Vs. Detroit - Defeating the Lions 27-13 at the Redskins only playoff game at Fed Ex Field and Gus Frerotte’s return to Old DC.
2005 @ Tampa Bay - Sean Taylor 51 Yard Fumble Recovery for a TD

Note - In 1982 there was no wild card round due to a strike shorten season. The NFL Seeded the Top 8 Teams in each conference and went to a 16 Team / 4 Round Playoffs.

Last edited:
I attended the 1982 and 1986 games but the date, NOT the game, I remember most was when we beat Philly, on January 3rd of 1991. About the only thing I remember from that game is we harrassed Randall Cunningham all game long and got revenge for the body-bag game.

I remember the date because after the game, I went out and bought a couple Virginia Lottery tickets for the $22 million drawing that was held later that evening. It turns out I matched 5 out of the 6 numbers. SOOOOO close!!! My numbers were 1-11-16-19-34-40 and the guy that won was a 74 year old that played the combination of his brithday and age. He was born on January 6, 1916 so he played the winning combo of 1-6-16-19-34-40, the 34 and 40 adding up to his age (74). His 75th birthday was 3 days later. Nice birthday present. He claimed the winnings with his daughter since he wasn't gonna live 20 more years to collect it all. I went home with "only" $1108 for my 5 of 6. I was a little bummed that my take was that low but have always remembered that date and my brush with fame and fortune.

Tampa -2005. I was there and it was awesome! Sweet revenge for being robbed on the Alstott for 2 earlier in the season. I was there too!

I chose the revenge of the body bag game too. Buddy Ryan is one of the worst things to ever happen to pro football. As we have seen of late, the apples do not fall far from the tree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.