• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Flaw in the Shanahan Offensive Scheme

you can easily measure field vision, by how often a QB hits his second and third reads, by how often a QB hits an open receiver when blitzed, you cant measure it with surface stats, but when you dig a little deeper its not hard. Field vision and field awareness are something you learn after playing qb for a decade, or you dont, and if you dont, it becaomes extremely obvious very quickly. thats why i always ask what sort of offence a team runs when im looking at qb stats, i could care less if a guy had an 80% completion percentage if he never throws deep. but if he completes 70% and throws deep a lot, it is a different story.

sorry to hear that OF is moving on.

he brings intelligence to his posts and never descends into vulgarity. I hope this doesn't reflect...

- the residue of old battles elsewhere

- an inability to deal with contrarian opinions (by all concerned)

his decision I guess.

As previously noted, we don't moderate in public at BGO.

Again, the two biggest flaws in the current Redskins offense is the lack of talent at WR and OL and the turnovers produced by the qbs on this roster, including Grossman and Beck.

Nobody can win games in the NFL turning the ball over the way the Redskins did in 2011. Shanahan may have publicly vouched for Beck and Grossman but you could tell by their responses that veterans that had played elsewhere new these guys had severe limitations, Beck most of all.

I still remember Barry Cofield being asked about Beck during the season and he simply smiled and said people needed to check with the coaches.

After being a teammate of Eli Manning for the past 4 years Cofield knew the score here.

Grossman gave this team a 35-40% chance of winning and Beck 0-15%.

Again, the two biggest flaws in the current Redskins offense is the lack of talent at WR and OL and the turnovers produced by the qbs on this roster, including Grossman and Beck.

Nobody can win games in the NFL turning the ball over the way the Redskins did in 2011. Shanahan may have publicly vouched for Beck and Grossman but you could tell by their responses that veterans that had played elsewhere new these guys had severe limitations, Beck most of all.

I still remember Barry Cofield being asked about Beck during the season and he simply smiled and said people needed to check with the coaches.

After being a teammate of Eli Manning for the past 4 years Cofield knew the score here.

Grossman gave this team a 35-40% chance of winning and Beck 0-15%.

it amazes me how people draw shades between Grossman and Beck. Grossman's technique is fundamentally flawed. the turn-overs aren't the single-most worrisome factor. it's the technique that can't be fixed.

it amazes me how people draw shades between Grossman and Beck. Grossman's technique is fundamentally flawed. the turn-overs aren't the single-most worrisome factor. it's the technique that can't be fixed.

If you could fix his mind, the technique wouldn't matter so much.

As you all know, we don't moderate in public here. We do need to let you know, however, that Oldfan has advised us he is moving on.

BGO isn't for everybody.

He didn't last long lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.