• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Off season aversion...

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Those that know me well know I tend to drop out of site to some degree in the off season. Not that I don't keep up with whats happening with the team, but I spend more time away from the forums. Not like I'm a posting Juggernaut to begin with.

This off season, I have two new things to keep me busy being the photo colorizing is going nowhere fast. I picked up a new telescope, with GPS and tracking. Gonna take a crack at astro photography. Just waiting on a couple of spacer rings for the camera adapter, and I'll be found out in the yard late at night to start. I'll do some road trips to more remote areas for the darkness once I have the basics down.

I'm also going to build a new bike... well, it's actually old. 1972 Kawasaki H1 Mark III. While both will surely run into the coming season, stepping away from forums for the most part lets me come back to the team with a renewed enthusiasm.

I know, I'm the odd one :)

Cheers !

Yeah, and it helps being in South Florida! Meanwhile, those of us in the north will be stuck inside for the most part.

Enjoy the new hobbies and we look forward to seeing you around when you check in!

Those that know me well know I tend to drop out of site to some degree in the off season. Not that I don't keep up with whats happening with the team, but I spend more time away from the forums. Not like I'm a posting Juggernaut to begin with.

This off season, I have two new things to keep me busy being the photo colorizing is going nowhere fast. I picked up a new telescope, with GPS and tracking. Gonna take a crack at astro photography. Just waiting on a couple of spacer rings for the camera adapter, and I'll be found out in the yard late at night to start. I'll do some road trips to more remote areas for the darkness once I have the basics down.

I'm also going to build a new bike... well, it's actually old. 1972 Kawasaki H1 Mark III. While both will surely run into the coming season, stepping away from forums for the most part lets me come back to the team with a renewed enthusiasm.

I know, I'm the odd one :)

Cheers !

The 3 cylinder 500cc monster from Kawasaki introduced in 1972 that blew every other bike away-that one?

I'll be using my extra free time to work on a couple project ideas I've come up with recently. The plan is to eventually start a small online business, but making my products actually come to fruition (in a high quality form) is taking more time than I originally expected. It's fun so far, though :)

I'll be using my extra free time to work on a couple project ideas I've come up with recently. The plan is to eventually start a small online business, but making my products actually come to fruition (in a high quality form) is taking more time than I originally expected. It's fun so far, though :)

What areas are you going to target Ren? Are you looking at this on the local level or something on a grander scale?

My offseason aversion is the offseason. ;)

Pete, it may actually that you have a life and I don't. :)

Good luck on the bike rebuild. I may restore a car one of these days. For now think in early spring will help my buddy get his boat ready for fishing season.

This will keep my mind off Redskins and away from the honey do list. The secret to a successful marriage is to stay scarce.

What areas are you going to target Ren? Are you looking at this on the local level or something on a grander scale?

What are you making, Ren?

I don't want to say what I'm making bc I haven't perfected it yet, but I'm planning to try and sell on etsy which is for homemade, crafty, and vintage-type items. My trouble will actually be finding a market for the product since it's pretty specific and unique. Once it's ready I will be sure and show you guys though :)

That sounds pretty cool, and I know there are markets for that kind of nothing, so good luck! Do share when you can, I'm curious now. :)

I don't want to say what I'm making bc I haven't perfected it yet, but I'm planning to try and sell on etsy which is for homemade, crafty, and vintage-type items. My trouble will actually be finding a market for the product since it's pretty specific and unique. Once it's ready I will be sure and show you guys though :)

Good luck with it. If you need some tips on search engine rankings and how to maximize your business' exposure, just give a hollar.

Last edited:
That sounds pretty cool, and I know there are markets for that kind of nothing, so good luck! Do share when you can, I'm curious now. :)

Of course I will :) I'm actually hoping that between facebook and this and the other msg board I will find someone who is interested.

On a related note, I'm thinking of making some greeting cards. Does anyone know of a good place to buy custom rubber stamps? I have a logo I'd like to use for my stuff, I just need to figure out how to apply that logo. Sorry for the thread-jack :pirate: Feel free to PM me if anyone has any ideas.

Ren, you can do very well with this and the sky is the limit. The internet is huge and you can tap into the many resources that it offers. Don't forget about mobile marketing as well - a mobile site can increase sales exponentially.

Speaking of offseason aversions...

Thinking of making a facebook page for my cat and having some fun with it. The camera and video seems to agree with him - very photogenic.

The 3 cylinder 500cc monster from Kawasaki introduced in 1972 that blew every other bike away-that one?

That be the bike :) Worlds fastest motorcycle back then. I had a 76 for a while, but like the older ones because of the gear box. The 72 has an all up box, and the later ones had the standard one down, and the rest up. The first bikes hit the market in 69 actually.

H1CA.jpg

Pete, it may actually that you have a life and I don't. :)

Good luck on the bike rebuild. I may restore a car one of these days. For now think in early spring will help my buddy get his boat ready for fishing season.

This will keep my mind off Redskins and away from the honey do list. The secret to a successful marriage is to stay scarce.

I haven't had a project bike in almost 20 years, and working on them has gotten me to a point of not loving what I do. This will get me back to the fun it once was.

Scarce.. yup, that me. Riding all day sunday. We should cover about 500 miles, and piss off at least a few Harley riders.

Best of luck. My venture has yet to produce a red cent. I'm still selling a T-shirt from time to time, so that's something.

Side Note: One of these days I'm going to remember the multi quote function ... DOH

No worries guys. We're actually discussing closing BGO down for the winter/early Spring. Nothing going on until the draft anyway.

No worries guys. We're actually discussing closing BGO down for the winter/early Spring. Nothing going on until the draft anyway.

Boone, you forgot to put the :betterwink: smiley at the end of that post.

Unless you aren't pulling a fast one.

In which case I would remind Goal that he forgot :beadyeyes:, and :toilet: and this:wall:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.