• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 will declare for draft

RGIIIQB.jpeg

I'm completely and totally ignorant on College football, but know he's the Heisman winner. That's a big FWIW, obviously. Is this kid NFL-ready? He looks like a stiff wind would crack every bone in his body.

Nick

He's an amazing QB in my opinion. He's not physically imposing, but he is a tough player. I think he's as exciting a player as we've had a shot at in a long time. Mobile, accurate as hell, smart, and a gamer. I can't allow myself to think about RGIII too much, because I love him and think he could turn this franchise around overnight. He's the kind of kid it's impossible not to like.

Last edited:
I like RG3 too. If Shanahan likes him as much as you do, he'll have the Rams on speed dial. He and Fisher are buddies too if he gets hired that could only help in the negotiation.

I'm completely and totally ignorant on College football, but know he's the Heisman winner. That's a big FWIW, obviously. Is this kid NFL-ready? He looks like a stiff wind would crack every bone in his body.

Nick

Michael Vick is 6 feet even, 215 pounds.

RG3 is 6'2-6'3, 220 pounds.

RG3 has a ton going for him, including olympic speed, literally. He's an all-American track star.

But that is literally only 10% of what makes this guy exciting.

Intelligence: Griffin graduated from high school a semester early. He had his first college degree at the age of 20. He is now working on a master's, and plans to go to law school next.

Throwing this season: 37 TDS, 6 INTS. 72.4% completion rate. QB rating? 189.5.

This guy isn't even human. Think of the mobility of Michael Vick, with the accuracy of Peyton Manning. And very intelligent. His ability to read defenses is widely heralded.

You can google highlights of him all over the internet, but here is one play I especially like. This illustrates so much at once. The second play isn't so bad either:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUDvLUqwF1I[/media]

Last edited:
I don't know what it is, then... he just looked really thin and slender when I saw him give an interview on TV and I thought "This kid would get killed in the NFC East."

Didn't realize his dimensions were that close to Vick, but Vick looks bigger, for some reason.

Nick

Vicks a nice starting point. I think people forget how athletic Vick was in college. I saw him four times live and he made plays that made my jaw drop each time. He was an amazing athlete, easily on par with RGIII. I think RGIII is a better passer, more intelligent, and doesn't have the knucklehead factor Vick did. Negatives are, IMO, as Nick alluded to, injury risk. He is a small dude. He will have to learn how to absorb the crushing hits he will be taking with regularity.

220 pounds! Really? He doesn't look that big.

Yes, really.:) Take a few minutes to study him online, then just pray every single day until the draft arrives.

If you have 5 minutes, this video is pretty good. For anyone not that familiar with him--make no mistake--he isn't a run-first QB. He's a deadly accurate passer. He can sit in the pocket, but he can also roll out of it like nobody's business.

Just watch his arm in this video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZsQWIoC1Ic[/media]

Don't the colleges always boost the height and weight a little? Then when the players gets to the combine that is when they find out the players real measurables.

Michael Vick is 6 feet even, 215 pounds.

RG3 has a ton going for him, including olympic speed, literally. He's an all-American track star.

But that is literally only 10% of what makes this guy exciting.

Intelligence: Griffin graduated from high school a semester early. He had his first college degree at the age of 20. He is now working on a master's, and plans to go to law school next.

Throwing this season: 37 TDS, 6 INTS. 72.4% completion rate. QB rating? 189.5.

This guy isn't even human. Think of the mobility of Michael Vick, with the accuracy of Peyton Manning. And very intelligent. His ability to read defenses is widely heralded.

You can google highlights of him all over the internet, but here is one play I especially like. This illustrates so much at once. The second play isn't so bad either:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUDvLUqwF1I[/media]

What is his 40 speed ?

I assume he's faster than Vick. How much faster ?

If you have 5 minutes, this video is pretty good. For anyone not that familiar with him--make no mistake--he isn't a run-first QB. He's a deadly accurate passer. He can sit in the pocket, but he can also roll out of it like nobody's business.

Just watch his arm in this video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZsQWIoC1Ic[/media]

Don't misunderstand I am a huge fan. I saw him whoop the Texas Longhorn defense into submission! It was awesome! I saw several other games too.

Negatives are, IMO, as Nick alluded to, injury risk. He is a small dude. He will have to learn how to absorb the crushing hits he will be taking with regularity.

He really isn't small Goal.

The biggest of the big, Big Ben, is 6'5, 240 pounds.

I imagine if deemed prudent, he could add 5 pounds of muscle in the NFL.

Last edited:
We'll see what the combine measurements say. He doesn't look 220 to me, though if he is, you are correct, he'll be fine.

The question is, why didn't we attempt to draft Robert Griffin I or Robert Griffin II, during those 2 previous chances we had ? And if we didn't take either of his predecessors, what makes you think will take the 3rd Robert Griffin ? :)

What is his 40 speed ?

I assume he's faster than Vick. How much faster ?

Most of his state and national records came in hurdles--probably even better for the NFL.

He made it to the semifinals for the US Olympic team in hurdles.

Not sure about his 40 time. Below 4.5 I would guess. Several internet sites claim 4.3 to 4.4.

We won't know for sure until the combine. He's certainly faster than Vick at Vick's current age.

But be sure--his running isn't the whole package. I'm more excited about his accuracy and intelligence. His passing numbers are extraordinary.

Last edited:
We'll see what the combine measurements say. He doesn't look 220 to me, though if he is, you are correct, he'll be fine.

I haven't done any research on this, G., so it's just a general impression I have that most skill position players-including QBs-tend to add muscle mass in the strength and conditioning programs of the NFL teams so he would probably add somewhere in the, say-ballparking this naturally-10-20lbs area pretty quickly.

The question is, why didn't we attempt to draft Robert Griffin I or Robert Griffin II, during those 2 previous chances we had ? And if we didn't take either of his predecessors, what makes you think will take the 3rd Robert Griffin ? :)

Huh????

Explain please - what are you arguing here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.