• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 will declare for draft

That leaves the Redskins - and the Rams are backed into a corner of sorts. Unless Cleveland has a change of heart (highly unlikely), the 'Skins will be able to swing this trade without losing any second rounders.

Move up without giving away a 2nd rounder? Dream on, brother.

Yes - me too! Sounds like a great thread topic :)

Ok, didn't think there would be much interest in this. My milestones are below - I'd love to hear if there are others that should be tracked.

1: 5-Mar Franchise Tag Deadline, Flynn not franchised = ADV WAS
2: 7-Mar Manning Bonus due -1, Manning cut = ADV WAS
3: 8-Mar Manning becomes FA, if Manning signs with MIA = ADV WAS, else ADV STL
4: 12-Mar Last day before FA begins, if STL trades #2 to WAS = ADV WAS, else ADV STL
5: 13-Mar Flynn becomes FA, if Flynn signs with CLE = ADV WAS, else ADV STL
6: 26-Mar NFL owners' meetings begin, if STL trades #2 to WAS = ADV WAS, else ADV STL
7: 26-Apr NFL draft begins, if STL trades #2 to WAS = ADV WAS, else I cry

Ok, didn't think there would be much interest in this. My milestones are below - I'd love to hear if there are others that should be tracked.

1: 5-Mar Franchise Tag Deadline, Flynn not franchised = ADV WAS
2: 7-Mar Manning Bonus due -1, Manning cut = ADV WAS
3: 8-Mar Manning becomes FA, if Manning signs with MIA = ADV WAS, else ADV STL
4: 12-Mar Last day before FA begins, if STL trades #2 to WAS = ADV WAS, else ADV STL
5: 13-Mar Flynn becomes FA, if Flynn signs with CLE = ADV WAS, else ADV STL
6: 26-Mar NFL owners' meetings begin, if STL trades #2 to WAS = ADV WAS, else ADV STL
7: 26-Apr NFL draft begins, if STL trades #2 to WAS = ADV WAS, else I cry

Number one has happened.

Number two has happened (mere formality, but coming on Wednesday).

Number three is interesting. It will come down to the Redskins and Dolphins. Manning will probably prefer Miami, but that is still an advantage to the Redskins.

Number 4 may happen early or later. Either way, it does not matter.

Number five is going to occur. Within the last ten days, Cleveland tried to work out a sign and trade deal to acquire Flynn for a 3rd rounder. It didn't happen, but he will hit the market anyway and the Browns will sign him.

Number six - see number four.

Number seven - see six and four.

Number eight...

Don't cry, now that I found you.
Don't cry, take a look around you.
Don't cry, it took so long to find you.
Do what you want, but little darlin', please don't cry.

Last edited:
Number one has happened.

Number three is interesting. It will come down to the Redskins and Dolphins. Manning will probably prefer Miami, but that is still an advantage to the Redskins.

Number five is going to occur. Within the last ten days, Cleveland tried to work out a sign and trade deal to acquire Flynn for a 3rd rounder. It didn't happen, but he will hit the marker anyway and the Browns will sign him.

Number eight...

Asia in da house! :)

Number one has happened.

Number five is going to occur. Within the last ten days, Cleveland tried to work out a sign and trade deal to acquire Flynn for a 3rd rounder. It didn't happen, but he will hit the marker anyway and the Browns will sign him.

Number eight...

Thanks for your concern.

So did I miss anything likely to impact this situation?

I agree with your previous point - if there are two guys in the NFL that you probably don't want to play chicken with (or poker for that matter) they are Allen and Shanahan. Nice change of pace from good ole Vinny.

The suspense is killing me, but they are keeping it close the vest which is the right way to go.

Thanks for your concern.

So did I miss anything likely to impact this situation?

I agree with your previous point - if there are two guys in the NFL that you probably don't want to play chicken with (or poker for that matter) they are Allen and Shanahan. Nice change of pace from good ole Vinny.

The suspense is killing me, but they are keeping it close the vest which is the right way to go.

Your insight is 100% on target. The more that any team tries to play any kind of game with our coach and gm, they risk losing more leverage.

By now, Vinny would've emailed the 2012 playbook to thirty-one front offices.

Everyone has us a serious player in the RG3 and Manning sweepstakes. I have my fingers crossed that we get at least one.

At least now I have enough faith in our FO regarding a plan C & D in case we don't.

scaled.php

This picture just reminds me of the Caps painting with them all holding the Cup - seems a little jinx-a-licious, does it not?

Maybe some of you were thinking that my suggestion about trading our first round pick with the Browns first round pick (4th overall) seemed a bit odd. Take a look at this from a Cleveland reporter and referenced by PFT.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @MaryKayCabot Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Browns GM Tom Heckert said the Browns won't pursue Peyton Manning. "prob not a direction we're going to go.''

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said the Browns like four QBs in this draft. After Luck, Griffin and Tannehill, he gushed about B. Weeden.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert re-iterted what he said after season: Browns prob won't sign a big-name free agent quarterback.

#Browns GM Heckert stressed that the team "is not down on Colt McCoy. It's our job to help him out.''

#Browns GM Heckert stressed: "We will not go crazy in free agency.''

#Browns GM Heckert said there's a chance team will trade down from their No. 4 overall pick to get extra picks again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/browns-say-theyre-not-interested-in-peyton-manning/

If a deal with SOMEBODY isn't done, pre-draft, the Thursday Night Draft Show might have more viewers than the last episode of MASH.

With fans in a handful of cities absolutely foaming at the mouth.

"Oh, the humanity!"

Maybe some of you were thinking that my suggestion about trading our first round pick with the Browns first round pick (4th overall) seemed a bit odd. Take a look at this from a Cleveland reporter and referenced by PFT.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said the Browns won't pursue Peyton Manning. "prob not a direction we're going to go.''

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said the Browns like four QBs in this draft. After Luck, Griffin and Tannehill, he gushed about B. Weeden.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert re-iterted what he said after season: Browns prob won't sign a big-name free agent quarterback.

#Browns GM Heckert stressed that the team "is not down on Colt McCoy. It's our job to help him out.''

#Browns GM Heckert stressed: "We will not go crazy in free agency.''

#Browns GM Heckert said there's a chance team will trade down from their No. 4 overall pick to get extra picks again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/browns-say-theyre-not-interested-in-peyton-manning/

If this is true, then where did all the talk about Cleveland being such a sure trade partner with the Rams, stem from ? Did that originate just from fans or NFL analysts, and not from people close to the Browns' situation ?

I think we could use a dedicated RG3 info thread.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/03/23/cosell-talks-its-not-always-luck/

Cosell Talks: It’s Not Always Luck
by Greg Cosell

The bottom line in my 5 game film evaluation: Griffin is a superior arm talent and natural passer than Luck. Will he be a better NFL quarterback? We’ll find out soon enough.

(Underlying argument and analysis at the link.)

The most interesting part of that article IMO:

"Luck was not a special passer based on film study. He is not the same kind of arm talent as Matthew Stafford or Cam Newton. While charting Luck, I was compelled to reflect on Manning. Was Manning a special passer coming out of Tennessee? Most would probably say no. It raises the question: what is the connection between arm talent and high football IQ as it relates to NFL success? We know where it led with Manning. Also remember Peyton’s arm strength increased as played in the NFL."

And this:

"Two other traits really impressed me in evaluating Griffin. The first was his patience and composure in the pocket. He did not move when the bodies started closing it down. He threw effectively out of what we call a “muddied” pocket”. He did not need much functional space to deliver the ball with velocity and distance. Surprisingly, in my 5 game breakdown of Luck, he exhibited a tendency to move too quickly, to leave the pocket too early."

And this:

"Two other traits really impressed me in evaluating Griffin. The first was his patience and composure in the pocket. He did not move when the bodies started closing it down. He threw effectively out of what we call a “muddied” pocket”. He did not need much functional space to deliver the ball with velocity and distance. Surprisingly, in my 5 game breakdown of Luck, he exhibited a tendency to move too quickly, to leave the pocket too early."

Yeah, that too. Seems to contradict a lot of what BGO's own "draft experts" had said about the two QBs. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.