• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem: Week 17 Results

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
This week, China was alone at the top with an impressive 14-2 record, followed by servumtuum, tugboat, Neophyte, and Posse Lover at 13-3, and SNF, IronMike, Canadien Hog, and Kel Varnsen at 12-4.

For the season, SNF again seized back the overall lead at 174-82. Kel Varnsen is just a game back, followed by micks113, RobinTom, Yusuf06, Neophyte, IronMike, China, Kelly, and Walking Deadman to round out the current top 10.

Click HERE to see complete Week 17 Results.

Click HERE for complete Overall Season Results.

It was a fun year doing this...can't wait until next season...hopefully I improve from 17th...

Boone thanks again for introducing me to this site...great job you've done here...much better than the "official" site that I got banned from for speaking my mind.

Looking forward to future chats involving our beloved Redskins...combines, FA signings and the draft.

Happy New Year BGO!

I noticed something interesting in the cumulative results. AllFavs stands in 10th place tied with Kelly and WD at 65%. I remember reading somewhere, I don't remember exactly where, that favorites win better than 60% of the time.

Apparently so.

If you look historically, Serv, it takes Vegas a couple of weeks to figure out the season. Their picks are pretty shaky for the first third or so of the season. But once they get a handle on things, they know what they are doing.

If you look historically, Serv, it takes Vegas a couple of weeks to figure out the season. Their picks are pretty shaky for the first third or so of the season. But once they get a handle on things, they know what they are doing.

Hmmm...thanks, G. You may have given me something to do some research on. :)

I'd be really curious to see when they start nailing things. You know, NOT for betting purposes, since that's illegal.

Other reasons.

:paranoid:
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Too little, too late. Figures I'd have my best week in the last week of the season.

Anyone know when they've got to start reporting injuries for the upcoming game? I wanted to see what the injury status of the Texans was for the Bengals game only to find "No injuries to report." Yeah right.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

Last edited:
Last week, I looked at the games picked for 2011 and tried to figure out how many games were lost in the final minute or less. This season, twenty-seven teams that I chose lost in the final minute or less - or in overtime. I did manage to win three games in the same manner. So that is a net loss of twenty-four games. That is nothing but dirty rotten stinkin' luck.

Last weekend, I went 3-1 and the lone loss was in overtime. A few minutes ago, I chalked up another loss that came via a TD with nine seconds to go. Sheeeesh.

I'll keep picking to the end. Then go at it again next year. But I have never seen such rotten luck in my life. Bah.

Really pissed at myself for not getting my picks in this week. Was distracted early in the week (no excuse) and then, as the opening kickoff was in the air, it dawned on me,

Asshole.

Unofficially, was 1-1 yesterday (Saints, Bradiots)

And as much as I'd love to see the Turdbirds lose, today it's, Turdbirds & Packers.

I only went 2-2 last week. Fortunately I picked the 49ers yesterday.

Really pissed at myself for not getting my picks in this week. Was distracted early in the week (no excuse) and then, as the opening kickoff was in the air, it dawned on me,

Asshole.

Unofficially, was 1-1 yesterday (Saints, Bradiots)

And as much as I'd love to see the Turdbirds lose, today it's, Turdbirds & Packers.

I'll enter these in for you Ax.

I'll enter these in for you Ax.
I know it won't matter, as I'm out of contention. I just hate not finishing what I started.

And, I don't deserve the slack, but I certainly appreciate, and accept it.

Appreciate your sticking with it to the conclusion. Way too many people dropping out along the way.

I don't understand why some are dropping out along the way. Even with the struggles (and triumphs), it is a lot of fun and very challenging. I miss seeing the head-to-head competition after the picks are locked in. That was always fun to see.

Well, I can only speak for myself but between my personal life and the Thursday night schedule throwing me off I lost interest. I had fun while it lasted but after forgetting the Thursday night schedule once I got back from my honeymoon. I asked Boone to hook me up once, but was not going to continue to pester him when I did forgot about the Thursday night games again.

2-2 this weekend. Must've swallowed some moron pills this past week.

On to the conference championships. :)

Stupid Green Bay, losing to the Giants. Ugh. 3-1 this week.

Yeah, I felt really uneasy about picking the Packers, much more than any of the other games this week. However no matter how much I tried I just couldn't come up with a compelling enough reason to take the Gnats over the Pack...especially after going with my gut and taking the Falcons last week. :anonymous:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.