• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins 2012 Schedule

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
I found this on Football News Now's website. It's too early for the actual scheduling, of course, but it lets you know who we're going to be playing both at home and on the road.

Home games: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings.

Road Games: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and St. Louis Rams.

Here's the link to the article-Shanny's picture at the top, BTW, I found to be a bit disturbing. :yikes: :D

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2012/washington-redskins-2012-schedule/

:rotflmao:

As a photographer, that picture is rather amusing! You should see some of the "posed" smiles I have gotten over the years and the invariable complaint from a parent because the photographer should not have taken such a photo of their child. Of course they were not made aware that the photographer sat there for about 10 minutes trying to get their kid to smile only to have something like you see there from Shanahan! :laugh:

As for the schedule, that's the 3rd year in a row the Vikings will be coming to DC. It is a tough schedule, we are playing against 2 of the toughest divisions in football today.

Steelers, Ravens and Bengals in the AFC North

Saints, Falcons and a surging Panthers team in the NFC South.

That could easily be 6 losses next year. Couple that with at least 2 losses within the division and we could have a tough time making it to .500 next season. Unless we see some significant upgrades in the off-season, Shanahan's 3rd year could be another difficult one.

:rotflmao:

As a photographer, that picture is rather amusing! You should see some of the "posed" smiles I have gotten over the years and the invariable complaint from a parent because the photographer should not have taken such a photo of their child. Of course they were not made aware that the photographer sat there for about 10 minutes trying to get their kid to smile only to have something like you see there from Shanahan! :laugh:

As for the schedule, that's the 3rd year in a row the Vikings will be coming to DC. It is a tough schedule, we are playing against 2 of the toughest divisions in football today.

Steelers, Ravens and Bengals in the AFC North

Saints, Falcons and a surging Panthers team in the NFC South.

That could easily be 6 losses next year. Couple that with at least 2 losses within the division and we could have a tough time making it to .500 next season. Unless we see some significant upgrades in the off-season, Shanahan's 3rd year could be another difficult one.

Hmmmmm.....uh, El,...you think your assessment might be a bit different with somebody like...uh...I dunno...maybe, Matt Flynn under center? :bucktooth:

Just curious. :)

Bengals are up and down as are the Panthers. Falcons are completely hit and miss, I think they are one of the worst teams in the playoffs. Steelers will be tough, as will the rat birds. If our offense can catch up some to the D, we will be allright, imo.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Man, that is a tough schedule. We need to get much better. And no serv, you are not going to lure me into that again. Fear did a pretty good job of it yesterday. I spoke my mind on the matter. :betterwink:

Shanahan better have a good plan in mind! Bet he changes his staff around during the off-season. IMO...he's toast if he doesn't at least reach the 8-8 plateau.

As long as the starting QB for this team from, say, the midway point of the 2012 season onward is not named Rex Grossman, that will probably serve as enough progress for the majority of us.

how about, say, from day 1.

I have seen enough side arm passes off the back foot to last a lifetime. get rid of that walking disaster.

As long as the starting QB for this team from, say, the midway point of the 2012 season onward is not named Rex Grossman, that will probably serve as enough progress for the majority of us.

+1

how about, say, from day 1.

I have seen enough side arm passes off the back foot to last a lifetime.

Also +1

I'm having a difficult time solidifying my position-if I ever actually get to one-on the whole Flynn/RG3 debate because either, IMO, would be a decided improvement on the Grossman/Beck experience.

As far as the schedule goes-all my speculations here are contingent on the Redskins upgrading at QB in some form or other-the NFCE was down this season, with said QB and other holes being filled and the return of guys like Jenkins, we could easily be 4-2 in the NFCE. Teams like the Panthers and Bengals still have holes in their game-their draft/FA moves, epecially Carolina's, will be interesting to watch-if the Panthers pulls off a really good draft/FA they will be a playoff team next year and will be tough for us to handle even with a new QB. The Bengals aren't all that strong-we should at least stay close enough to grab a win. The Steelers may be another matter entirely-they're resilient but their D is suspect. Tampa Bay and St. Louis-one of these will be a trap game loss-we'll win the other in a blowout. The Ravens? Tough but Flacco just doesn't impress me all that much..

We will shock the NFL by beating the Saints-in their dome.

We will shock the NFL by losing to the Browns at FedEx.

I'm thinking possibly 9-7 record, tie for NFCE or second place-if the football gods smile on us an outside shot at a Wildcard spot. Perhaps moe realistically (here I go again.) 8-8 tied for second place in the NFCE and miss a wildcard spot by one game.

Gee, speculating is fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.