• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My Money is on Elephant watching the Packers, not the Skins today :)

He could've made the trip to Philly for today's game.

I was gonna go to Philly but just didn't feel up to it after getting home after 5.

Thank goodness for RedZone so I can watch some of his play.

Flynn played really well. No Jennings and several O-line players for GB were out.

31/44 for 480 yards and he broke the All-Time TD record in Green Bay with 6 TD's.

I have been saying it for a while and many of you guys have questioned why, but if today is not proof the man can play the QB position then you guys aren't looking. Yes, I know he is playing for a team that is pretty damn good but they are without their #1 receiver and a depleted O-line, just like last year against the Patriots.

I would much rather have Flynn than RGIII! There is not a learning curve with this guy. He's been a pro for 4 years just biding his time.

Sign Matt Flynn!

Is there room on the Flynn bandwagon? Save me a seat, I'm in!

And if this team is serious about providing significant depth and talent at so many positions, they cannot waste picks moving up to draft a player who has never played a snap in the NFL.

Flynn has proven more at the college level than anyone coming out in the 1st round this year by winning a National Championship, he has proven against 2 quality teams that he can do it in the NFL and he has had time to learn the NFL game sitting behind of of the very best in the game.

The man deserves good money but nothing that breaks the bank, he will want to play for a team on the rise or capable of winning and a coach who should be able to get the most out of him. He could very well be another Matt Schaub.

And if this team is serious about providing significant depth and talent at so many positions, they cannot waste picks moving up to draft a player who has never played a snap in the NFL.

I don't know anything about Flynn, but this arguement makes a lot of sense to me. If Flynn is a good fit in DC, the skins could really add some great players with their top picks. They might also could move down a few spots, and add picks.

I guess my question is, is Flynn good enough to be a franchise QB?

I don't know anything about Flynn, but this arguement makes a lot of sense to me. If Flynn is a good fit in DC, the skins could really add some great players with their top picks. They might also could move down a few spots, and add picks.

I guess my question is, is Flynn good enough to be a franchise QB?

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees in life, but I like our chances with him much more than with Rex. I don't see Shanahan having the time to really wait for a rookie to learn the game. Snyder will not suffer through another season like this, even if a rookie is at the helm.

Ideal scenario for me would be to sign Flynn along with at least one Guard (there are 2 really good/great ones available in FA this year). Trade down and accumulate more picks. Draft a young QB some where in the 2-4th round range with the extra picks. And concentrate on O-Line, ILB, CB and WR in the draft.

Rich Campbell is saying that the Redskins will have no interest in Matt Flynn.

Right or wrong, the pundits are saying that Miami and Cleveland have a lot of interest in Flynn.

31/44 for 480 yards and he broke the All-Time TD record in Green Bay with 6 TD's.

I have been saying it for a while and many of you guys have questioned why, but if today is not proof the man can play the QB position then you guys aren't looking. Yes, I know he is playing for a team that is pretty damn good but they are without their #1 receiver and a depleted O-line, just like last year against the Patriots.

I would much rather have Flynn than RGIII! There is not a learning curve with this guy. He's been a pro for 4 years just biding his time.

Sign Matt Flynn!

El...what are his strengths?

El...what are his strengths?

It's easier to ask what are his weaknesses.

The man is virtually invincible.

He's the next Aaron Rodgers.

He can read our minds.

Come to think of it, he's so omni-potent, and all-knowing, that I'm actually AFRAID to list his weaknesses, for fear that his omniscience will overhear it, and come hunt be down, and pound me into dust, for speaking words against him.

Last edited:
I'm all for Flynn as long as he brings the Packer playbook with him. ;)

It would certainly allow us to concentrate on OL and the secondary in the draft.

OK fan, first off he doesn't throw more TD's than INT's. :laugh:

Watching him today and last year against the Pats he is poised in the pocket, quick, decisive and accurate. He shows vision and has a quick release. He seems bright and has shown he can step up to the line, scan a defense and make adjustments accordingly.

They say he doesn't have great arm strength, but today he threaded a pass 40 yards down the sideline. It was a perfect pass over the defender along the sideline 40 yards in the air fs62, the only place the completion could have been made. He did throw at least one balloon today. I was unable to see all 41 attempts so I cannot tell you if there were anymore but he was better than 70%.

Given the opportunity, he stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park. He started today without their leading rusher, and leading receiver and he broke the single game TD record today with 6 a team that has been led by two of the best in the last 20 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.