• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Beck Starting against Philly?

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Lots of chatter on the twitters that Beck will get the nod over Rex on Sunday. Here's an example:

kevinandrockKevin & Rock Radio
Kev reported on the @KevinandRock Radio Facebook page that Beck is starting this week. Confirmed from a source. I got his back.

Thoughts?

Suck for Luck!
God Awful for Griffin!
Bail for Barkley!
Lame for Landry!
Fail for Foles!
Turrible for Tannehill!

John Beck is the worst qb to wear a Redskins uniform since Heath Shuler. He simply has no clue, the game is WAY too fast for him to process at this level.

Of course, with the way the Eagles have played the past 3 weeks, I don't see the Redskins winning with Rex or John Beck.

This team will be 5-11.

Hopefully JAX or someone else can step up and pull an upset and allow us to move to sixth overall.

I know big picture it might be better off for us to lose this one but I’d rather the coaching staff be less obvious about it.

Shanahan might be able to try to explain this away by saying that he needs to have the final answer on Beck as to if he has any future with this franchise. Most observers, me included, have made up our mind on that one already. Given what we’ve seen to this point I don’t know how it could even be a consideration. Beck showed us nothing.

As bi-polar as Grossman can be at QB he’s miles in front of Beck. Soak that in for a minute. I don’t even consider Beck a real option as a backup moving forward. This move gives us no chance to win the game. Beck will be sacked half a dozen times at least and the game will be in the bag for the Eagles by halftime. Hate this move.

I know big picture it might be better off for us to lose this one but I’d rather the coaching staff be less obvious about it.

Shanahan might be able to try to explain this away by saying that he needs to have the final answer on Beck as to if he has any future with this franchise. Most observers, me included, have made up our mind on that one already. Given what we’ve seen to this point I don’t know how it could even be a consideration. Beck showed us nothing.

As bi-polar as Grossman can be at QB he’s miles in front of Beck. Soak that in for a minute. I don’t even consider Beck a real option as a backup moving forward. This move gives us no chance to win the game. Beck will be sacked half a dozen times at least and the game will be in the bag for the Eagles by halftime. Hate this move.

Well, he'd make more sense by putting Crompton in there than Beck, and not as obvious, since we know what Beck has (or doesn't have) but don't know what Crompton has.
Not that Crompton is the answer, and not that I'm falling for that typical homer habit of putting the un-tested, young back-up QB on a pedestal, as the unknown secret weapon of the future, but he could show us something that warrants a possible #2 or #3 slot next year, since almost surely neither Wrecks, or Becks will be back next year.

...Shanahan might be able to try to explain this away by saying that he needs to have the final answer on Beck as to if he has any future with this franchise. Most observers, me included, have made up our mind on that one already. Given what we’ve seen to this point I don’t know how it could even be a consideration. Beck showed us nothing...
We don't have enough information to grade John Beck fairly. The Shanahans can do it, but only after a careful play-by-play film review.

If they still don't have a big enough sample to close the book on him, then the start is a good idea.

http://twitter.com
john_keim John Keim
Beck will only play if rex gets hurt sunday. #redskins
2 minutes ago

Rich_Campbell Rich Campbell
Shanahan: John Beck would play Sunday only if Rex gets hurt or if his play is not satisfactory. #Redskins
2 minutes ago

ryanohalloran Ryan O'Halloran
Shanahan said Beck would play only if Rex gets hurt. "We play to win."

no one sees the humor in this?

fans standing up for the QB clown who threw 4 picks last time against the Iggles? the same tard who threw the game turning pick last week?

let's face it...if this turns on QB....NO ONE SHOULD WATCH REGARDLESS!!!!

If Beck comes in at any point, Im turning the game off and finding something better to do

Should have started him a month ago

I infer by " a month ago" you meant early enough to have avoided those draft position killing wins over the Seahawks and Giants?

You are seriously hard-core Sarge. :)

In a way, it makes sense. If Beck has a good game, then we could get some trade value for him.

Ok, just wanted to see if you were paying attention. :rotflmao:

In a way, it makes sense. If Beck has a good game, then we could get some trade value for him.

The Redskins have ENOUGH ham sandwiches, from our previous crappy trades, thankyouverymuch.

In fact, I hear that at next year's training camp, for fan appreciation day, they're going to give away all those leftover ham sandwiches they traded for, to feed the fans who show up at Redskin Park.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.