• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFC East Playoff Picture and Redskins

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
While I know we are eliminated, we still have a chance to play a major role in the NFC East playoff picture. The current situation really only leaves the Giants to root for in the last game of the season and the Eagles this weekend. Not only would that eliminate the Cowgirls it would give us a chance to play spoiler for the Eagles provided the Jets beat the Giants.

So, with only 2 games left the Giants play the Jets this weekend and Dallas next weekend. The Eagles play Dallas and us. Dallas plays the Eagles then the Giants.

The Giants need to win outright and they go to the playoffs. Dallas just needs to beat the Giants the last game of the season to advance unless the Jets beat the Giants and they beat Philly. The Eagles need to win outright and have Dallas lose both games.

So, if the Eagles beat Dallas, the Jets beat the Giants this week, the Giants beat Dallas the following week, then we would have the opportunity to eliminate the Eagles from the playoffs!

So regardless of draft position, we need to beat Philly after they beat Dallas and we beat the Vikings so the "Dream Team" will finish last in the Division and the Cowgirls can be eliminated from the playoffs.

Do I need to break out a chicken's foot and dance counter clockwise around the head of a pig?

because I'll do it.

Please do! Because the lesser of 3 evils this season is the Gnats! it would be so awesome to see the "Dream Team" at the bottom of the division!

the NFC East is a division of weak sisters in 2011.

it doesn't really matter who emerges to go into the postseason, the Packers, Saints and 49ers are much better than these other clubs.

The Giants and Dallas both suffer from the same problem - neither has a secondary worth a damn and that keeps teams in games against them each week.

For NY, the excuse is that 3 of their top 5 corners are out of the lineup.

For Dallas its simply a case of going with Terrence Newman too long, Mike Jenkins being an average player despite being drafted high, and for the club settling for Sensabaugh at safety when he was nothing special in Chicago.

Im pretty sure this is the first season in NFC East history where the division winner wont win at least 10 games. As much as I hate our rivals, thats still pretty sad.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Hoping that the Giants can win next week. We can say that we swept the division champs.

In any game between Tony Romo and Eli Manning I am going to pick the Giants to win.

Romo has consistently failed to be clutch in these circumstances throughout his career and now will be playing with the afteraffects of the bruised hand.

At 32, time is running out on Romo to make any kind of mark on the league.

At 32, time is running out on Romo to make any kind of mark on the league.
Elway was 37 when he finally did something. You can make the argument that Romo is no Elway, but statistically that wouldn't hold in any area.

Through 76 career starts, Romo has 5,310 yards more than Elway. He also has 61 more TDs and 8 less INTs than Elway. The wins are the same, Romo leads in pro bowls 3-2, and only trails Elway in comebacks by 3.

I hate Romo as much as the next guy, but it isn't how you start your career that matters, it's how you finish it.

Sure, Romo sucks now, but a lot of QBs in the HOF started out a lot worse.

Elway was 37 when he finally did something. You can make the argument that Romo is no Elway, but statistically that wouldn't hold in any area.

Through 76 career starts, Romo has 5,310 yards more than Elway. He also has 61 more TDs and 8 less INTs than Elway. The wins are the same, Romo leads in pro bowls 3-2, and only trails Elway in comebacks by 3.

I hate Romo as much as the next guy, but it isn't how you start your career that matters, it's how you finish it.

Sure, Romo sucks now, but a lot of QBs in the HOF started out a lot worse.

Interesting argument Ex, nice use of stats. I don't have much of a statistical counter argument against Romo; I will say, based on no statistics whatsoever, that Romo doesnt feel like Elway to me. Even before he won the SB, I feared Elway when we played them. I do not ever fear Romo.

And Elway did pick up a lousy (other than him) Broncos team and get them to multiple SBs before TD showed up to help carry the load.

I'm with Mike. Comparing Romo to Elway at any age is not only an insult to Elway, but an insult to football, really. The dude took three teams to the superbowl in the 80s as a young'n, and one could argue those were not the best teams in the AFC during that period. It was all Elway, and his miraculous comeback ability. For crying out loud, his most famous moment is called "The Drive" - that should tell you everything you need to know.

Romo? Sure, he's piled up some impressive regular season stats - but that's it. He's a choking dog in the playoffs, and the polar opposite of John Elway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.