• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pay London Fletcher Petition

GSF

The Starter
Reaction score
Fletcher has battled his ass off for the Skins year in year out no matter what the situation. His durability is only exceeded by his tremendous character, nevermind he's leading the league in tackles. If you believe this team is heading in the right direction, you HAVE to pay 59 and keep him here as long as he can play. This guy is the leader of the team. Show the rest of the team the Skins are going to take care of their own.

Get it done Redskins.

well...what do you pay him? a big bonus on a 4-5 year contract to a 36 year old that becomes permanent overhead ala Dion? what makes sense?

well...what do you pay him? a big bonus on a 4-5 year contract to a 36 year old that becomes permanent overhead ala Dion? what makes sense?

While I understand your point, there are some players that are exceptions to the general rule of age VS contract.

I think Fletcher is one of those guys, kind of like Darrell Green, who was able to play at a high level much longer then any expected. If you look at performance / production alone, Fletcher should get a nice 4 year deal.

Comparing Fletcher to Deion is wrong on so many levels. Sanders was a whore punk with only two things as a priority... catching on with a team he thought had a shot at a championship, and a big payday. We got little to no return for the investment.

Fletcher is all motor all the time, and he's all about team. Whatever you pay him, you'll get twice your money's worth out of him. Short of a catastrophic injury, which can happen to any player at any time, Fletcher has at least three very productive seasons left in him.

While I understand your point, there are some players that are exceptions to the general rule of age VS contract.

I think Fletcher is one of those guys, kind of like Darrell Green, who was able to play at a high level much longer then any expected. If you look at performance / production alone, Fletcher should get a nice 4 year deal.

Comparing Fletcher to Deion is wrong on so many levels. Sanders was a whore punk with only two things as a priority... catching on with a team he thought had a shot at a championship, and a big payday. We got little to no return for the investment.

Fletcher is all motor all the time, and he's all about team. Whatever you pay him, you'll get twice your money's worth out of him. Short of a catastrophic injury, which can happen to any player at any time, Fletcher has at least three very productive seasons left in him.

I like London also and want to see him back.

but what should we pay?

I like London also and want to see him back.

but what should we pay?

A nice guaranteed contract, 3 years in length. Make the 1st year a heavy signing bonus with a base contract that is reasonable. I don't see him playing more than 2 more years, maybe one more at the level he is playing. While his total tackles and intensity are amazing, there has been a noticeable drop off in coverage. And there will likely be another noticeable drop off by the beginning of next season. I like him, but he cannot maintain this level of play much longer. Pay him a bonus at the beginning of the contract as a sort of bonus and let him play out his contract or at least as much as he can.

A nice guaranteed contract, 3 years in length. Make the 1st year a heavy signing bonus with a base contract that is reasonable. I don't see him playing more than 2 more years, maybe one more at the level he is playing. While his total tackles and intensity are amazing, there has been a noticeable drop off in coverage. And there will likely be another noticeable drop off by the beginning of next season. I like him, but he cannot maintain this level of play much longer. Pay him a bonus at the beginning of the contract as a sort of bonus and let him play out his contract or at least as much as he can.
this. do not give him a long term deal under any circumstances. love the guy but hes old and playing out of position on heart and guts alone.

I agree with most of what El wrote, except I am not sure you will see a huge drop off. Some guys can keep playing very effectively, with a more gradual dropoff into their late 30's.

I would front load his contract out of respect to him, and if he has ANY designs on coaching at all, work something about that into his contract as well, so he can transition whenever he is ready.

If anyone has "earned" the right to a good payday, then it is Fletcher. Time for the FO to do the right thing and pay the man. I would say sooner rather than later.

I read that both parties want him to return - so a contract is likely. It will likely be based on Moss's deal, low base salary tied to roster bonuses and things like this, so that both parties benefit from Fletcher staying healthy.

I agree completely. To reward him for being productive would send a message to the younger guys. Produce and be rewarded. The idea of giving young guys big deals based on projection is wrong.

Remember hearing Doc Walker talk about the teams during Gibbs I. They were paid based on production. Guys have come here for the big payday without having to worry about producing. Set a good example and reward Fletcher.

Fletcher and Sanders shouldn't be mentioned in same sentence. Fletcher is such a pro on and off the field. I like the way he leads by example and gives 110% because it is his job. Fletcher appreciates the opportunity to be in NFL.

He wasn't a big name guy from big school. Fletcher has earned everything the right way...by working hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.