A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    12-21-10
    Posts
    492
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Pay London Fletcher Petition

    Fletcher has battled his ass off for the Skins year in year out no matter what the situation. His durability is only exceeded by his tremendous character, nevermind he's leading the league in tackles. If you believe this team is heading in the right direction, you HAVE to pay 59 and keep him here as long as he can play. This guy is the leader of the team. Show the rest of the team the Skins are going to take care of their own.

    Get it done Redskins.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #2

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,927
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    Don't sweat it brother, Fletch ain't goin nowhere.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  3. #3

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Give the man his money.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    well...what do you pay him? a big bonus on a 4-5 year contract to a 36 year old that becomes permanent overhead ala Dion? what makes sense?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  5. #5
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    08-06-11
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    124
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Army

    Exclamation

    Agree, bring London back and let him finish career with the Burgundy and Gold!!!!!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  6. #6

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Cape Coral Fl
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    well...what do you pay him? a big bonus on a 4-5 year contract to a 36 year old that becomes permanent overhead ala Dion? what makes sense?
    While I understand your point, there are some players that are exceptions to the general rule of age VS contract.

    I think Fletcher is one of those guys, kind of like Darrell Green, who was able to play at a high level much longer then any expected. If you look at performance / production alone, Fletcher should get a nice 4 year deal.

    Comparing Fletcher to Deion is wrong on so many levels. Sanders was a whore punk with only two things as a priority... catching on with a team he thought had a shot at a championship, and a big payday. We got little to no return for the investment.

    Fletcher is all motor all the time, and he's all about team. Whatever you pay him, you'll get twice your money's worth out of him. Short of a catastrophic injury, which can happen to any player at any time, Fletcher has at least three very productive seasons left in him.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

  7. #7

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Monroe View Post
    While I understand your point, there are some players that are exceptions to the general rule of age VS contract.

    I think Fletcher is one of those guys, kind of like Darrell Green, who was able to play at a high level much longer then any expected. If you look at performance / production alone, Fletcher should get a nice 4 year deal.

    Comparing Fletcher to Deion is wrong on so many levels. Sanders was a whore punk with only two things as a priority... catching on with a team he thought had a shot at a championship, and a big payday. We got little to no return for the investment.

    Fletcher is all motor all the time, and he's all about team. Whatever you pay him, you'll get twice your money's worth out of him. Short of a catastrophic injury, which can happen to any player at any time, Fletcher has at least three very productive seasons left in him.
    I like London also and want to see him back.

    but what should we pay?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  8. #8
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,499
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    I like London also and want to see him back.

    but what should we pay?

    A nice guaranteed contract, 3 years in length. Make the 1st year a heavy signing bonus with a base contract that is reasonable. I don't see him playing more than 2 more years, maybe one more at the level he is playing. While his total tackles and intensity are amazing, there has been a noticeable drop off in coverage. And there will likely be another noticeable drop off by the beginning of next season. I like him, but he cannot maintain this level of play much longer. Pay him a bonus at the beginning of the contract as a sort of bonus and let him play out his contract or at least as much as he can.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  9. #9
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    11-17-10
    Location
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Posts
    2,684
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    A nice guaranteed contract, 3 years in length. Make the 1st year a heavy signing bonus with a base contract that is reasonable. I don't see him playing more than 2 more years, maybe one more at the level he is playing. While his total tackles and intensity are amazing, there has been a noticeable drop off in coverage. And there will likely be another noticeable drop off by the beginning of next season. I like him, but he cannot maintain this level of play much longer. Pay him a bonus at the beginning of the contract as a sort of bonus and let him play out his contract or at least as much as he can.
    this. do not give him a long term deal under any circumstances. love the guy but hes old and playing out of position on heart and guts alone.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  10. #10

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    I agree with most of what El wrote, except I am not sure you will see a huge drop off. Some guys can keep playing very effectively, with a more gradual dropoff into their late 30's.

    I would front load his contract out of respect to him, and if he has ANY designs on coaching at all, work something about that into his contract as well, so he can transition whenever he is ready.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-28-09
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    If anyone has "earned" the right to a good payday, then it is Fletcher. Time for the FO to do the right thing and pay the man. I would say sooner rather than later.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    well...what do you pay him? a big bonus on a 4-5 year contract to a 36 year old that becomes permanent overhead ala Dion? what makes sense?
    I read that both parties want him to return - so a contract is likely. It will likely be based on Moss's deal, low base salary tied to roster bonuses and things like this, so that both parties benefit from Fletcher staying healthy.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  13. #13
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-28-09
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Monroe View Post
    While I understand your point, there are some players that are exceptions to the general rule of age VS contract.

    I think Fletcher is one of those guys, kind of like Darrell Green, who was able to play at a high level much longer then any expected. If you look at performance / production alone, Fletcher should get a nice 4 year deal.

    Comparing Fletcher to Deion is wrong on so many levels. Sanders was a whore punk with only two things as a priority... catching on with a team he thought had a shot at a championship, and a big payday. We got little to no return for the investment.

    Fletcher is all motor all the time, and he's all about team. Whatever you pay him, you'll get twice your money's worth out of him. Short of a catastrophic injury, which can happen to any player at any time, Fletcher has at least three very productive seasons left in him.
    I agree completely. To reward him for being productive would send a message to the younger guys. Produce and be rewarded. The idea of giving young guys big deals based on projection is wrong.

    Remember hearing Doc Walker talk about the teams during Gibbs I. They were paid based on production. Guys have come here for the big payday without having to worry about producing. Set a good example and reward Fletcher.

    Fletcher and Sanders shouldn't be mentioned in same sentence. Fletcher is such a pro on and off the field. I like the way he leads by example and gives 110% because it is his job. Fletcher appreciates the opportunity to be in NFL.

    He wasn't a big name guy from big school. Fletcher has earned everything the right way...by working hard.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-10, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-10, 03:45 PM
  3. Redskins Rule: London Fletcher Performs Thriller
    By BGO in forum Redskins Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-10, 02:12 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-09, 07:01 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •