• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Redskins @ Giants

If my decidedly unscientific calculations are correct, we now inhabit the #7 slot in the draft and the 3 teams that jumped over us (Jags, Browns, and Bucs) all nominally have their "QB of the future" in Gabbert, McCoy and Freeman. If that is the case, we have not hurt ourselves much, if at all, and gained a season sweep of the Giants. I call that a win, folks.

All due respect, that's assuming those teams stay where they are. The reality is, if things stay the same that's 6 opportunities prior to our pick for team's to trade up and get their guy. Now we also have those opportunities, and there's arguably less incentive to trade down now that salaries at those spots will be a lot more manageable. But it's not a given there won't be multiple QBs taken by teams moving up before we ever get a chance at one. We're not the only ones talking about this being the best QB class in 10 years.

Granted, Boone. And a point worth remembering.

It is also possible that more than one of those teams will have new regimes next year and might want their own guy under center rather than the guy the previous losers selected.

We've already started to talk with the Rams about moving up and they seem very interested. Just an fyi thing.

What? Where? Who?

... What?

This is some of the chatter that is going on in the cyberworld. Nothing official of course, but three of these sources are usually correct. Think andyman, but in a different setting.

Im sure we can get some team from 1-6 to trade with us. the Shanallen duo traded A LOT last year and we have some good picks I believe.

or am I way off?

Not off at all. 100% correct.

We will get the QB that the team wants and still have some decent draft picks.

Im sure we can get some team from 1-6 to trade with us. the Shanallen duo traded A LOT last year and we have some good picks I believe.

or am I way off?

I think we already have 9 picks in this year's draft - not sure if the extras are all from maneuvering last year or what, but we've got 9.

BB, I gotta wonder if St. Louis would be willing to drop the Bradford experience if they get a chance at Luck. You think the trade talks with them could involve Bradford and not a draft pick? I was talking about this earlier in the season and can't say I would be upset if that were the case. It would cost us less than moving up.

El, I'm not keen on getting Bradford for a couple of reasons.

Completion %-53.5%

6 TDs-6 INTs

Sacked 36 times

QB Rating-70.5

Rex Grossman in comparison.

Completion %-58.3%

13TDs-18 INTs

Sacked 21 times

QB Rating-71.4

I remember how flustered Bradford looked under the pressure of our D.

In the game against us his completion % was only 46.5%, he had 1 TD and we sacked him 7 times, only Seattle sacked him more times with 8 sacks.

Also he's coming off a bum ankle and I'm still leery of that shoulder of his.

I'd rather get a top rated QB in the draft-just my opinion on the situation.

Stats source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13197/sam-bradford

Funny you say that Serv. What I remember from the St Louis game was how many passes his receivers dropped. In fact, if memory Servs :))), they could have had a lead and possibly even won had they not had a team of Rod Gardners playing that day.

Bradford has been pretty bad, but he looked pretty impressive the year before. Definitely a buy-low kind of guy, and if the price was right, I would consider it. But the price would have to be right, and I would also want us to draft a developmental guy in the second, just to be safe.

Rod Gardner....geez Goal I had almost purged him completely from my memory banks. Thanks man....thanks.

Agree with Goal, Bradford is a good NFL QB on a terrible team. And you were right - they would have smoked us if their WRs/TEs could catch.

Aww, you shoulda stopped. Hell, if you brought any of your homebrew, I might have let you stay.

:)

Sadly, no homebrew in the truck this trip. Tough to pack for a family of 4 for the week in the winter plus Christmas presents for everyone here so the beer had to stay home.

I did think it would be amusing to just show up at your place out of the blue and leave you some beer. It isn't like you can be that far out of the way. Wish I could have pulled it off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.