Thread: December Movies

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Default December Movies

Lots of good looking movies coming out this month. Mission Impossible IV is getting fantastic reviews, as is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. For kids, Tintin looks like a blast (I read all the comics when I was a kid, and bought them for my son last Christmas), and there is the Muppets still and even We Bought a Zoo (looks terrible, but kids would love it).

And Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy as well, my personal most-want to see.

So if you see any of these, or any others that are good, update and let us know if they are worth it.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Oh man, I forgot all about Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - looks phenomenal. Plus, I love me some Gary Oldman...one of the more underrated actors of his generation.

I'm really interested to see how Hollywood does with the Dragon Tattoo series - the Swedish films were unwatchable (IMO). We literally turned it off halfway through.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close looks like a real tearjerker, and could be really good.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

I saw the reviews about Tinker since I have watched the trailer about 10 times in anticipation for this film. It looks like a spectacular throwback to the old school spy flicks. It is getting good reviews, nothing great mainly because it is not the action spy flick in the mold of 007. According to what I have read, there is very little action...mostly great interaction between and all-star ensemble cast and Oldman is as good as he's ever been (he's one of my favorite actors).

I don't care about the lack of action, I just hope it doesn't drag along. Still looking forward to this movie!

I wasn't sure I would be interested in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Kinda getting tired of these stronger than men female roles that are out there, but this seems far from another Salt. Apologies if that sounds sexist, but I would beat the daylights out of Angelina Jolie if we got into a fight , Salt was just not believable. But everyone who has told me about this series has raved and I am a fan of Daniel Craig. Looking forward to this one too.

I am looking forward to anything good! I have not seen much from Hollywood over the past several years. I used to go to 3-5 movies a month at least. I have not been to a movie since last spring.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    but I would beat the daylights out of Angelina Jolie if we got into a fight .
    Hmmm.....that is one thing that would never occur to me to do if confronted by Angelina Jolie. Except maybe to let her beat me up in the hopes of some guilt-sex.

Tinker sounds good from what I've seen and heard. Of course so does Shame, Tintin and Warhorse.
    0 0 0 0

I'm giving it a 2-4 year window. Looking for improvement in all areas. Redskins, you're on the clock.

GreatRon
    Honored Guest

War Horse looks good.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Saw MI: Ghost Protocol last night. Loads of fun, action scenes were great, fantastic looking women, and Tom Cruise is a nutjob, but he is a movie star. When he turns it on... well, he does a nice job.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.