• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Peyton Manning discussion

You don't think Dan Snyder is a clown?

I'll put another hypothesis out there. Joe Gibbs may not have left the Redskins because his grandson was ill or for other ambiguous reasons. His decision may have been based on the most obvious reason of them all. Just a thought....

I've long felt the same thing. Four years of the Dan and Vinny circus was probably enough. It's scary how much we think alike.

I have a question for everyone. Am I the only board member that happened to catch Gibbs on the Jim Rome show shortly after his announced retirement?

I'd love to hear about that. I've had a long-held theory that the reason Gibbs retired was much more simple than the ones he offered up. He was just fed up.

I think Jerry Jones fits that description FAR better than Snyder

Jerry's a clown. But a clown with a few rings. And at least for the last few years, one that's managed to stay out of the cellar in our division consistently.

I'd love to hear about that. I've had a long-held theory that the reason Gibbs retired was much more simple than the ones he offered up. He was just fed up.

I just searched for it on youtube...if anyone can find it, it's pretty eye-opening. Or at least for me, it confirmed what I had thought.

Gibbs came out and the very first question Rome asked him was "why retire right now?"

Joe looked a little shocked and unprepared to get that question so quickly. No small talk, no friendly banter or even butt-kissing for a glorious career....just a simple "why retire now?"

Joe's immediate, and it appeared candid and honest response was that his offense was no longer working in the NFL. The run, run, run....Hogs glory years approach was over. That the league had changed. In not so many words, that the game had passed his offense by.

Was the Bingo hiring really Snyder's call ?
Somehow, I thought that was Gibb's move, since he was given about as much authority as Shanahan has now.

Yes, that was Dan. If you remember, the bingo caller was brought in after Joe left, in Zorn's second year.

Hi y'all! I haven't been online here recently, but with my wedding, my 50th birthday, Christmas, family visiting, honeymoon and my laptop crashing, I really haven't had much of an opportunity. However, I have een able to monitor the P. Manning saga, and until we can prove that the O-line WILL be improved, I doubt Mr. Manning comes to Washington. I also read that Reggie Wayne wouldn't mind being thrown in as part of a package.

Apparently Vincent Jackson and Courtland Finnegan are in cohoots and have talked about shopping themselves as a package.

Anyways, I reckon Manning will go to Miami, leaving us to trade all of our picks to go up to #2 and draft RGIII. Would Tannehill be a better option and allowing us to retain our picks?

This just in...

Report: Redskins out of Peyton Manning sweepstakes

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-of-peyton-manning-sweepstakes/1#.T1mG4fXEp0M
By Nate Davis, USA TODAY
Updated 44m ago

It seems Peyton Manning is already winnowing down the list of teams he'll entertain when it comes time to decide his next NFL home.

And apparently his new zip code will not be in Washington.

By Rafael Suanes, US Presswire

Per Redskins insider Chris Russell of ESPN 980, the four-time MVP has told the team he will not sign there.

"A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning's camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn't want to come here," Russell said Thursday on SportsCenter.

Nate Davis didn't do his homework. Chris Russell's story was blown out of the water by about 6pm this evening. That doesn't mean he will sign with us, it just means Russell's story was contradicted by several insiders. It also doesn't mean that by the time we wake up tomorrow morning Manning won't have publicly made this statement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/manning-hasnt-ruled-out-redskins-yet/

No way to prove it, but I have some thoughts about Chris Russell. He will get a story right and there are times when he is 100% wrong. Based on things he has through twitter and a column, it seems like half of it is right and half of it is wrong. And, I have this feeling he is something of a disinformation source for our coach and GM. Can't prove it - it is just a hunch.

Hi y'all! I haven't been online here recently, but with my wedding, my 50th birthday, Christmas, family visiting, honeymoon and my laptop crashing, I really haven't had much of an opportunity. However, I have een able to monitor the P. Manning saga, and until we can prove that the O-line WILL be improved, I doubt Mr. Manning comes to Washington. I also read that Reggie Wayne wouldn't mind being thrown in as part of a package.

As far as Peyton, I didn't see it before and I don't see it now. Two control freaks is one to many. I would pass on the Finnegan too. He is kind of an ass isn't he?

Apparently Vincent Jackson and Courtland Finnegan are in cohoots and have talked about shopping themselves as a package.

Anyways, I reckon Manning will go to Miami, leaving us to trade all of our picks to go up to #2 and draft RGIII. Would Tannehill be a better option and allowing us to retain our picks?

I think it all depends on the price for the #2 pick. I have heard the Rams want multiple #1's but I have also heard they may want multiple 2's. If the price gets that rich I honestly would rather have Tannehill. However, a deal similar to what the Giants gave up for Eli, two 1sts, a 3rd and a 5th maybe even a little more I am all in on RGIII.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

As far as the Jackson/Finnegan combo, that would scare me to death. V-Jax has been in the principals office more than once and he could get a lengthy suspension, plus would he continue to work after he got one more contract? As for Finnegan... well he's just an ass isn't he?

Peyton Manning is not a fit for this team, anyways. Hopefully, reports are true that he's not interested, although there seems to be reports coming out in every direction.

Manning doesn't necessarily fit what the Redskins do offensively, and that means a new system... Manning's system. That's going to take time for our current pieces to learn, and a lot of the building that we've done over the years will be partially negated.

Manning, in my opinion, is the greatest quarterback of all time. But he's coming off of a major neck injury and a year off, and is aging.

Also keep in mind that Peyton is a snap hog. He ran the Colts scout team as well as their starting offense. He doesn't share reps. There's no room for someone to develop under him. And I don't blame him, he wants to play and he's the best of all time.

While I think Peyton can and will still be effective in this league, I don't think Washington is the best place for him to play... And I certainly don't believe he's the best thing for us.

Those are really good points. I like the what you said about "snaphog" that explains why the backups in Indie have never been any good. I realize that the Kyle Shanahan offense is a bit different than papa Shanahan's offense but I think with RGIII they could work out just about any play in the arsenal. I like Tannehill too but how long would he need to develop? Maybe just a year but maybe longer.

The fact is with Peyton we would have to take the offense in a different direction for a few years and then bring it back. He belongs on a team with a defensive minded headcoach that will just give him the keys to the offense.

Marshall Faulk stated emphatically that there's no way Peyton would play in the same conference as his brother. Yet the Arizona Cards are one of the 3 teams he's visiting.
The team I predicted would sign him.

Marshall Faulk stated emphatically that there's no way Peyton would play in the same conference as his brother. Yet the Arizona Cards are one of the 3 teams he's visiting.
The team I predicted would sign him.

Three teams? I think he'll visit more than that. He's already talked to the Dolphins from what I've heard. He is in Denver today and rumored to be headed to visit the Cards after that. KC is supposedly trying to set up a meeting as well. Haven't heard anything about a visit with the Jets though.

You may very well be right about the Cards although I think Miami is more desparate for him. IMO he ends up in a warm weather locale.

Three teams? I think he'll visit more than that. He's already talked to the Dolphins from what I've heard. He is in Denver today and rumored to be headed to visit the Cards after that. KC is supposedly trying to set up a meeting as well. Haven't heard anything about a visit with the Jets though.

You may very well be right about the Cards although I think Miami is more desparate for him. IMO he ends up in a warm weather locale.

He is currently scheduled to visit three teams, is all I was saying - Denver, Miami, and the Cards, not to be confused with the wide array of teams that are considered to be prospects. So of course, he could very well end up visiting more.
As for warm weather, it's pretty damn warm in Arizona :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.