• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Peyton Manning discussion

Shanahan was burned by the McNabb episode. You are not going to see the Redskins swing for the fences on a quarterback this time around.

Just a hunch, but the only veteran qb I expect on the roster next season will be Grossman or another 'backup-spot starter' type.

There won't be a $15M a year passer under center in 2012.

uggghhh. pls...anyone but the G-Man! well...not Beck either!

what's the count up to now? 17 picks?

I think it's 18, sadly.

where was it? oh yea....the tweets COMCAST posts during the post game show. someone tweeted "Rex's picks should be taken in stride - they were like punts."

I saw that and thought...what the F...what planet is this person on? is it normal to punt on first down?!!!!!

I saw your other post on your frustration with KS's play calling earlier in the season. I agree that his game planning has gotten better. the only caveat I would add.....is that (as Trevor Matich pointed out today) opposing defenses adjusted to the off tackle running game that was successful early on in the season by splitting the DEs wider. so...my take is that KS attempted to make in-game adjustments....but wasn't good at it (something to tuck away for the future). he finally tweaked things and has been successful...we'll see what happens when defenses make the inevitable changes to stop what is working now.

Kyle's been hitting on all cylinders lately. He hasn't abandoned the running game at all, which is encouraging. To be fair, both NE and the Giants have pretty terrible defenses. It will be interesting to see what happens when we play a decent D that is capable of making adjustments.

Kyle's been hitting on all cylinders lately. He hasn't abandoned the running game at all, which is encouraging. To be fair, both NE and the Giants have pretty terrible defenses. It will be interesting to see what happens when we play a decent D that is capable of making adjustments.

well...I'm content with not seeing bonehead plays or players being simply manhandled, out quicked, etc. while I am an advocate for nabbing a QB in the up-coming draft by landing a top 5 position ( a draft that is supposed to be the best in many years for QBs).....at the end of the day.....watching a TV....I don't know what players were supposed to have done on any given play since I don't know the "business rules" the coaches are teaching and the action is too fast to see everything. for example.....on one of Rex's picks....the announcer pointed out that Rex never saw a wide open Armstrong - couldn't see it on TV...had no idea what Rex's scan was supposed to be.

funny....I think everyone is so happy that the offense looks semi-professional...that they're ignoring the biggest achievement this season: a defense that was the dregs last year!

I think Kyle has been good all season - there is always someone open in this scheme. As soon as we get a decent QB who can find/hit those WRs, we'll be solid.

Good point Lanky. In recent weeks you can see that Stallworth has been open. That tells you something about the scheme by itself.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Kyle hasn't been that good all year. For most of the season Kyle abandoned the run entirely too early and we lost a few games because of it, ie. the first Dallas game. The progression we have seen from our offense over the past month is because of the success of the run game which I will attribute to him. But he still gets fancy at times. Good teams/coaches don't run trick plays as often as Kyle has this season.

I will say Kyle is getting better. He has been calling more plays that meet the quality of the players running them and less like he has Andre Johnson out there.

He did abandon the run in that Jets game. We are running the ball extremely well and for whatever reason he went away with that and started throwing the ball against one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Maybe dad gave him a stern talking too about abandoning the run when it is working so well.

He did abandon the run in that Jets game. We are running the ball extremely well and for whatever reason he went away with that and started throwing the ball against one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Maybe dad gave him a stern talking too about abandoning the run when it is working so well.

Yeah, but that's just how his offense works. Run well, and it sets up the play-action. If Grossman was worth half a damn, he would have dominated the Jets. Now, its on Kyle to realize that Grossman can't do it, and so he probably shouldn't abandon the run, however its not on the scheme (IMO).

Of course, it did work, except that noodle arm didn't get it out there soon enough, or far enough.

It didn't help that Kyle called that while the Skins were throwing into the wind either.

I was listening to the game on the radio and Sonny ranted and raved about that for the next 2 or 3 series. He was incensed by the play call.

Eh, I like the cojones it takes to make a call like that. Go for the jugular, right out of the gate.

I think Kyle has been good all season - there is always someone open in this scheme. As soon as we get a decent QB who can find/hit those WRs, we'll be solid.

You know my opinion on this! Just imagine if we find a dominant receiver to boot!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.