• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Okay, Who Goes?

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Based on what we have seen in 2011 who is on your short-list of players we need to move on without? Forget about Beck and others that have been fringe NFLers.

1. Jammal Brown. At 31 Brown is breaking down and you can't count on him for mre than 6 or 7 games a season, and this year he hasn't been healthy even during those starts.

2. DeAngelo Hall. Josh Wilson works as the #2 corner but only if you go out and get a true #1 to play on the other side. Hall is being paid far in excess of his worth as time and again teams look to beat him when the game is on the line.

3. Chris Cooley. Whether Davis comes back on a one year deal to prove himself or not the Redskins need to find a second TE that can beat a defense in the open field. Cooley like Brown is a gamer but his skills as a playmaker have been eroding for some time.

4. Laron Landry. It's time to pony up to the bar and give him either a franchise tender or multi-year offer. I think its too risky to do either given the two year battle he has had with the achilles. Doesn't really look like Landry wants to be back here in any event.

5. Sean Locklear. This guy played well for 6-7 years in Seattle but fell off the map here in 2011. He has been a right tackle by trade, but when you sub in an undrafted rookie to start against Andre Carter and put Sean back on the bench that's the sign he needs to go.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

John Beck - that experiment is hopefully, mercifully over.

Ryan Torain - I was a big fan of his in the preseason, and even won a sig bet that he would make the final roster, but Helu & Royster have shown more versatility and both play on teams.

Rocky McIntosh - he has been surpassed by Perry Riley, and isn't likely to re-sign to be a backup. He'll seek a starting job elsewhere.

At 30 with balky knees McIntosh isn't likely to see the kind of money he was hoping for, but I agree a return here where he's in a scheme he doesn't like or fit is a net loser for both sides.

In re Beck, I look at him as a fringe player and I wanted to see which tenured, name players folks were ready to part with.

Beck could have been cut 3-4 weeks ago when Rex came back.

Crompton in a pinch certainly couldn't do any worse.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think we are going to let Davis go. Therefore, I think Cooley is back next season, if he is 100% he can still contribute to this team

However, D Hall and Landry are both gone. I think they may actually try to trade D. Hall but they will let Landry go. As someone else said with his injuries the last couple of years I don't him all of sudden being healthy.

Jammal Brown and Sean Locklear is tricky. Even though I think we will fix the O-line in the offseason we still need depth. One of these guys will stick around.

Torain? I doubt he makes it. They will probably bring in one more RB to compete but next year I think will be the Helu show.

Rocky is gone, he got replaced by Riley, no reason to bring him back.

Beck... GONE!!!!!!!!

I say Torain and McIntosh are gone.

Cooley stays, since we don’t know if Davis can be counted on.

Gano needs some good competition in preseason. Hopefully we can find a more reliable kicker.

The one player we MUST resign is London Fletcher. He is still playing at a high level and is such a leader. Show him the $$.

No one said anything about Banks yet? He gone.

Torain and Rocky are out, Terrance Austin has three games to get on the field and make a positive impact, or we draft a late rounder as his replacement. I doubt Landry is back, as I think he wants a higher contract than he is worth.

MeAngelo can go, but as others have said, only if we get a number one in FA or the draft.

Brown, Hall, and Locklear need to go.

Landry and Cooley didn't have the advantage of full team supervised rehab of their injuries due to the lock out. Given the time to heal, and rehab properly through the off season, and pre season,, there's a lot of productivity left in both of them. Also, being thin at safety already, I'd rather keep Landry around for reasonable money, or a heavily laden performance based contract.

Super Bowl win for one. Ray-ray was someone opposing offenses feared in his prime. Not sure you can say the same about London.

I don't know about Landry. If he would stay healthy for a season he would be an asset. One question is the rumor he failed a drug test, plus could he pass an HGH test?

London has a ring too with St Louis. Ray was also benefitted and still benefits from monsters up front.

:doh:

Thanks Mike, forgot about STL.

Ray is a helluva player Mike. He does benefit from some great teammates, but I wouldn't call him drastically overrated. He was a guy D's had to scheme around. Not sure you could say the same about Fletch, as much as I love him.

I'm not sure what the finances would be since we just extended him but we have to take a look at Santana Moss. The guy is living off the Monday Night Miracle here and is no longer clutch, as he's dropped too much stuff in recent years and can't make catches that require any sort of degree of difficulty.

I'm not sure what the finances would be since we just extended him but we have to take a look at Santana Moss. The guy is living off the Monday Night Miracle here and is no longer clutch, as he's dropped too much stuff in recent years and can't make catches that require any sort of degree of difficulty.

Not so sure about Moss. Grossman has looked better since Santana came back and he seems to open up holes for the other receivers.

A guy I love, but needs to go, is Reed Doughty. He's a liability in coverage. I'd rather keep Barnes and play him at Safety and get a new #1 corner to replace Hall. At this point in his career, I think Deangelo would be a decent nickel corner but he wouldn't be happy with that so it would be better to part company.

rex "butterball" grossman

- too short

- inaccurate too often

- fumble machine

- immobile

- 9 yr vet who makes rookie mistakes

john beck

ryan torain

jamal brown

reed doughty

rocky

receivers to be named at a later date

Last edited by a moderator:
All this discussion, and Hightower's name hasn't come up. It's generally a two year period to fully recover from the injury. Sure, guys will play the following season, but never seem to be the same till the second year. I really liked what he brought to the team, but is he expendable at this point ?

All this discussion, and Hightower's name hasn't come up. It's generally a two year period to fully recover from the injury. Sure, guys will play the following season, but never seem to be the same till the second year. I really liked what he brought to the team, but is he expendable at this point ?

Good point! I'd at least see if he can make it back to Training Camp and see how he progresses but I'd consider him expendible if he's not ready to contribute in 2012.

Hightower will be back in 2012. He's still the best blocking RB of the four RBs on the roster: Hightower, Helu, Royster and Torain. Expect him to battle Royster for the #2 spot and for 3rd down snaps. I would expect to see Hightower on 3rd downs if he re-signs with the 'Skins.

He is a FA in 2012 if memory serves.

He is, WD, and before he started all these injury problems he would have been a league-wide hot property but I can't help but wonder if his FA value hasn't been clobbered by these injury issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.