• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: Who?....The Redskins?....Oh, ok.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
There's not a great deal of chatter about the upcoming game between the Pats and the Redskins on Patriots fan boards. What there is is...

More...

Shows you how paranoid NFL fans are - and success doesn't change that. Why any Patriots fan would believe the Redskins are a serious threat is beyond me. Of course 'any given Sunday' - not saying a loss to us is impossible, but surprised their fans aren't a little more confident.

Tom's gonna carve us up like a turkey at Christmas dinner..........

:doh:

man...your hand worn down from clicking & pasting?!

I take a lot of breaks, my man! :)

Shows you how paranoid NFL fans are - and success doesn't change that. Why any Patriots fan would believe the Redskins are a serious threat is beyond me. Of course 'any given Sunday' - not saying a loss to us is impossible, but surprised their fans aren't a little more confident.

The Pats offense, like the Packers, has mostly kept them from being upset(?) by teams making late-game surges against them just about all season and the recent escape from arguably the worst team in the league the Colts seems to have them gunshy about ever being comfortable going into the fourth quarter with any kind of lead. They give up tons of offensive yardage but have a pretty stout red-zone D. However they still are worried that it's eventually liable to bite them in the butt. Like I said, they're confident that their O can score enough to keep us at bay but there's still that nagging "what if" worry that kept showing up in the threads. Any given Sunday, y'know?

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your perspective on the 2012 draft, I think we may wind up moving between the twenties easier than might be expected even with Davis and Williams out but the Pats red zone D matches up all too well against one of our most glaring weaknesses.

Tom's gonna carve us up like a turkey at Christmas dinner..........

:doh:
If, he's able to finish the game, maybe then.

I think the defensive game plan has to be this.

Press/Man, everybody else hit the QB.

Every down.

If, he's able to finish the game, maybe then.

I think the defensive game plan has to be this.

Press/Man, everybody else hit the QB.

Every down.

Even if we take a couple penalties for a very close call late hit, hit Brady anyway. I am not saying helmet to helmet or flat out dirty, but on a close one go ahead and hit him! Make him pay for completing the pass.

This game reminds me of the days when the Hogs ruled and we would play someone like the old Detroit or the old New Orleans. Count it as a victory and let's focus on division rivals and things like hoping for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. I so miss those days.

Tom Brady has given a lot of praise to Orakpo and Kerrigan this week. That being said, we will need each and every break just to hang with the Pats.

Thanks for the report. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.