• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So long, Goodbye and Amen Col Potter

Sarge

RIP Mr Morgan

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/07/mash-star-harry-morgan-dies-at-age-6/?test=faces

Emmy-winning character actor Harry Morgan, whose portrayal of the fatherly Col. Potter on television's "M*A*S*H" highlighted a show business career that included nine other TV series, 50 films and the Broadway stage, died Wednesday. He was 96.

His daughter-in-law, Beth Morgan, told The Associated Press the actor died at his home in Brentwood, California, after having pneumonia.

Wow Sarge-another great one gone.

He was 96 though and therefore cannot be said to have gone too early.

R.I.P. Mr.Morgan, you brought a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people.

Wow. 96. That's a good run.

Even so, it's a little sad. I grew up watching Col. Potter. He was like a cranky uncle you couldn't help but look forward to seeing.

Rest in Peace Col. Potter

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/07/14329...=tw&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

One of television's most beloved commanding officers died Wednesday. Harry Morgan, who played Col. Sherman Potter on M*A*S*H, brought an avuncular authority to a show about the absurdities and horrors of war. He was 96.

---------------------

One of the great shows and a great actor. Harry was part of two really iconic shows in TV history... Dragnet and M*A*S*H... both were the tops of their day.

Thanks for the laughs.

feel free to delete the thread. I somehow missed that Sarge had already started one.

M*A*S*H and Dragnet... Harry Morgan were in two of the real iconic shows in TV history.

Good solid actor, a craftsman who had a tough role as Col Potter, but pulled it off really adeptly. Strength, grace, humor and compassion all in a tough as nails character.

I loved him in the role, even if he had earlier been on the show as a general. His role after Col. Blake was written and performed brilliantly. I remember seeing him in a few other series and always thought he was a sollid actor. It's hard watching so many of the actors from series I loved as a kid die, and Mash was a show my family watched religously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.