• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jets @ Redskins: Predict The Score

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I see an interesting thing happening with this game. The Jets entered this season with an over-inflated ego, positive they would be the Super Bowl contenders to beat in the AFC. I will admit, I was one of the people who bought into the hype, as my preseason pick was for a Super Bowl matchup between the Jets and Packers.

Oh, how reality can change a season. Instead of playing to their strengths and abilities, the Jets walked into the season letting the success of the past two seasons make them think that fact alone would be enough to propel them through their schedule en route to the Super Bowl that they felt they were entitled to. After all, in their eyes this season would just be a formality on the road to a forgone conclusion.

Instead, they got slapped in the face hard from that evil bitch we know as reality. We're Redskins fans, we have lived this script many times. Now, instead of cruising and bruising their way through, and looking at a first round bye, they are scratching and clawing, desperately trying to get a hold on a possible wildcard.

The Jets are wildly desperate, and willing to do whatever it takes to try and get that playoff spot. Oddly enough, they are coming into Washington to a team they will no doubt be looking past as a write off game before they get to the real games in their schedule. That bodes well for us. You see, we have a new weapon, and reason to be confident. We played a hard fought game, and everything began to come together for us as we rode the legs of Roy Helu to a victory that will undoubtedly give our team all the confidence they need to go in and stick it to a Jets team that will get smacked in the mouth by what they consider a vastly inferior team.

By the time the Jets realize what hit them, and the desperation of the situation truly starts to sink in, it will be too late. Amongst the cheers of J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK, will be a razzled team, and a razzled young quarterback falling further into panic mode with every pass.

There will be a lot of turnovers in this game, and a lot of noise in FedEx Sunday afternoon. Tears and blood will both be shed, but fear not - it will be from the enemy.

In a surprising display of dominance on all sides of the ball, the Washington Redskin will put the final nail in the coffin that is the Jets' 2011 season. They will leave FedEx with their heads hung low, defeated both in ego and on the scoreboard. We will all rejoice knowing that there just may be some light at the end of this long tunnel after all, and that the future will be brighter than we once thought.

Roy Helu will step into the spotlight as the next great back for the Washington Redskins, and by Sunday night, everybody in football will know his name.

The future is bright ladies and gentlemen, and this will be our first major step in the right direction for the future of this franchise.

Washington Redskins 36
New York Jets 14

You and your 30+ point predictions, lol. I guess if you keep on making them, one day they'll eventually hit the mark, right?

17-10 Jets.

I'm feeling positive today. I think the defense takes over this game. RT is a weakness for the Redskins and I think Kerrigan gets two sacks. I say Skins 17-13.

You and your 30+ point predictions, lol. I guess if you keep on making them, one day they'll eventually hit the mark, right?

17-10 Jets.
What can I say, I'm high on Helu :D

Besides, not everybody can score 16 ppg forever, look at the Lions. They went as long as us rarely cracking the 20 point barrier, now they seem to score 40+ almost at will. All it takes is an extra piece to the puzzle.

What can I say, I'm high on Helu :D

Besides, not everybody can score 16 ppg forever, look at the Lions. They went as long as us rarely cracking the 20 point barrier, now they seem to score 40+ almost at will. All it takes is an extra piece to the puzzle.

Which we won't have until next year. We don't have a Stafford or a Calvin Johnson.

But keep predicting 30+ points for the 'skins, it is entertaining.

I'll stick with another sub-20 performance from them. 20-17 Jets.

Jets 73
Redskins 0

Memories of the old Bears game.

Ok, ok...

Jets 21
Redskins 10

if we won this game some skins fans would go ballistic

if we won this game some skins fans would go ballistic

It strikes me as an ironic component of this season that a win over the Jets would probably start more online arguments than a loss. :kick_can:

Jets 73
Redskins 0

Memories of the old Bears game.

Ok, ok...

Jets 21
Redskins 10

I was wondering who would go zero for Skins. Frankly, I don't see the Skins scoring a single point in the game. Bad matchups all across the board. 13 points is all the Jets will need and probably get. We never had an answer for Plax when he was with the Giants. Last I checked, he hasn't shrunk an inch.

At this point in the season, we probably would have better success if we alternate QB's every series. At least that may keep Rex's defense off balance.

27-20 Bad Guys. Rex will throw two picks, one of which will be returned for a TD. :(

Who'd have thought rooting for the 'skins meant rooting against its fanbase. I'll be going to the game today and screaming for a victory.

Jets oline is struggling and so is Sanchez. Skins can win this 1 f Rex doesn't turn it over too much.

Skins 23
Jets 16

It strikes me as an ironic component of this season that a win over the Jets would probably start more online arguments than a loss. :kick_can:

not at all...Serv...just smiles of irony......I can see for smiles and smiles!

Jets 23 Skins 17...good...close defensive game. turnovers spell the difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.