• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: Are we as good as they think we are?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Boy, play a tough game against Dallas and beat the Seahawks on the road and all of a sudden upcoming opponents fans start getting worried-and...

More...

Overall, not too unreasonable. The Jets have been mediocre, especially on offense. With both defenses being better than both offenses, I expect a low scoring close game. Turnovers will make the difference and sexy Rexy is always good for a couple so I expect them to have the edge, but the Redskins will keep it close.

Overall, not too unreasonable. The Jets have been mediocre, especially on offense. With both defenses being better than both offenses, I expect a low scoring close game. Turnovers will make the difference and sexy Rexy is always good for a couple so I expect them to have the edge, but the Redskins will keep it close.

That sounds eerily familiar...get out of my head, China!

One thing I don't understand from reading those boards is that a lot of them seem to think Sanchez is head and shoulder better than Rex. I'm not saying Rex is good, infact, he sucks as we all know. But is Sanchez really THAT much better?

I agree with Sanchez being slightly overrated. I don't exactly think that us fans think that the Skins are good team yet. I think a lot believe we are getting there. If we could get our QB, a better O-line and maybe a couple of good free agents (maybe WR and CB) then I think we could compete next year.

also, pretty impressive and neutral by these guys. except that jetgreen13 character of course. I have to tell you too serv that I LOVE this idea of yours for threads.

Thanks, Mike, but it wasn't my idea. I had started posting suff from the fans of teams the Skins were about to play because I thought it would be interesting to see what they thought of the Redskins as an opposing team-perhaps insightful too because it would help bypass the "can't see the forest for the trees" syndrome common to fans and maybe help us see things we otherwise might not see. The owners here approached me about the idea of making it a recurring blog and I was glad to do it.

I'm glad you're enjoying it-and that goes for everyone else as well, of course. :)

One thing I don't understand from reading those boards is that a lot of them seem to think Sanchez is head and shoulder better than Rex. I'm not saying Rex is good, infact, he sucks as we all know. But is Sanchez really THAT much better?

Excuse the double post but I wanted to reply to G. on this.

Rex is not a very good QB overall. He has his "moments" as we've seen recently but his downsides can be, shall we say, "stab in the heart" dramatic? His reputation has grown, however, based on the inevitability of these downsides and the Jets fans, like many others I've read have simply categorized him as abysmal.

I think another part of it in this case is their frustration with the Jets under-performing this year. The tone throughout most of the forums is one of serious disappointment possibly due to the raised expectations due to the proclamations of the other "Sexy Rexy" about potential SB appearances.

IMO, Sanchez isn't really all that good a QB either.

good question! nope.......

jetgreen13
the only fan base that fears grossman is the skin's.. saying beck is much worse than grossman is not much of a statement, BTW..

Truth.

Sadly :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.