• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The NBA Season Is Saved

That game 6 shot put a feather in the cap of Ray Allen's HOF career.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Dude, you trying to justify rooting against duncan because you went to UVA is absurd.

Do you hate jordan, too? Worthy, Vince Carter?

College is long over. Hes a good guy whos been a shining example in the league as a role model.

I don't need to justify my fandom to anyone. I never used the word "hate". I didn't use the word "disrespect" either. All I said was that I don't cheer for him. Ditto for many athletes.

I can respect many athletes and coaches, but never cheer for them.

Cheering against a player because he went to a rival conference member is only natural for me. It's all the justification I need. Nothing absurd about it.

heat.jpg

John Wall, Brad Beal & Otto Porter Jr. just might be enough to get me interested in the NBA again. Go Wizards!

I read a WaPo comparison to Billups, Hamilton & Prince from the 2004 Pistons - however it remains to be seen how good Otto's D at the NBA level. Prince was a phenomenal defender, Otto has a lot to do to prove he's on that level. And Nene had a good season, but Ben Wallace he ain't. We shall see though...I was pissed about the Porter pick at first, but after a while, I've gotten happier with it.

EDIT: Does Michael Jordan have the largest separation in skill from his first job to his last in all of history? Best NBA player to ever step on a court, and possibly the worst GM/owner of all time. Holy cow, Cody Zeller over Noel, Len, and McLemore? Wow.

The Wiz definitely took a step forward last night. But they are kind of stuck in no man's land--not bad enough to be in the lottery next season, and not good enough to really contend for a title. The NBA is awful in that regard. I'm not sure what the Wizards can do now.

Ditto for the Nets. Possibly the worst NBA decision of the last decade. They just gave up three firsts to come in fifth place and miss the lottery--morons.

And speaking of tanking, Diesel, your Celtics aren't being shy about it. The decision to blow it all up is the right one, and they'll likely have a ton of ping pong balls in what appears to be the best draft in years. Suck for Luck? How about "Whippins for Wiggins?"

And what's become of the Lakers--one of the premiere organizations of all time. Begging Dwight to stay with banners all over the city, and on the arena. And it appears he's still leaving. This is going to be a crazy season.

Last edited:
Reports circulating that the Mavs are trying to get Rondo, which in turn will allow them to make a strong push for Dwight.

It appears that Dwight is strongly favoring either Houston or Dallas right now.

If Dwight comes to Houston, they've gotta be the Western Conference favorites next season.

They would be nasty. The same goes for a Dirk, Rondo and Dwight combo in Dallas.

Boston has Dallas bent over a barrel right now. They can demand picks, and unload a bad contract or two on the Mavs in exchange for Rondo.

That's insane Lanky.

You are going to have a great year following that team. They have a real shot. Get to some games if you can.

Some things never change.....

SLAM ONLINE | » Q+A: Paul George

SLAM: I believe you had talked about seeing Larry shoot in the gym.

PG: He picked a ball up that had rolled over. He rolled up his sleeves and made about 15 in a row and just walked out like nothing just happened. It was the craziest thing I’ve seen.

SLAM: How did you and the rest of the team react?

PG: We were speechless. We didn’t know whether to keep shooting or just to end practice. It was sweet, man.

The Old Man's still got it... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.