• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The NBA Season Is Saved

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Owners and players have reached a deal that has put an end to the lockout.

The first games begin on Christmas, and the season will be 66 games long.

Details are emerging slowly, but no hard cap has been put in place, and it appears the "amnesty clause" (allowing each team to fully pay for, yet dump one high priced contract) is in effect.

Thank you for posting this McD! Great news!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It is huge news Goaldeje, especially here in Orlando. Dwight Howard hasn't played his last game for the Magic, and we are hosting the All-star game in February. That game is expected to bring in $100 million to the community. With a new stadium and plenty of new businesses around it.....that's welcomed news for many people around here.

Whew!

I thought I was going to have to endure a winter with no NBA ball and wouldn't even get to exchange barbs with you McD5.....

Hopefully the Guys in Green can muster one last run and meet your Magic in the playoffs to do battle once again. :)

Good to see you Diesel, in what I hope becomes the best NBA thread on the net.

16 fewer games bodes well for the aging Celts and Lakers.

As for the Magic this year....we'll have to see if Otis Smith can pull off a miracle to give Dwight some help.

Let's get it on.

Hmmm... if the NBA has a six game preseason, then we know with whom they made the deal.

Good to see you Diesel, in what I hope becomes the best NBA thread on the net.

16 fewer games bodes well for the aging Celts and Lakers.

As for the Magic this year....we'll have to see if Otis Smith can pull off a miracle to give Dwight some help.

Let's get it on.

Is Arenas still on the roster down there?

I will say I am not a big fan of the NBA anymore, too many prima donnas for my taste. But I will say this, some of the Wizards players came through for our local community. In association with our local Boys and Girls Club, a few of the players bought 1000 turkeys and passed them out to the needy for Thanksgiving.

Is Arenas still on the roster down there?

I will say I am not a big fan of the NBA anymore, too many prima donnas for my taste. But I will say this, some of the Wizards players came through for our local community. In association with our local Boys and Girls Club, a few of the players bought 1000 turkeys and passed them out to the needy for Thanksgiving.

I don't expect him to be on the roster this season. Technically, he still is right now. Players and owners have not been able to speak during this lockout. I expect him to be released in the first week of December.

Wow! Possible implosion of epic size might be on deck.

Orlando CEO Bob Vander Weide just resigned.

Citing "sources," Jarrod Rudolph of RealGM reports Vander Weide made a late-night phone call to Howard "in recent days," and that he may have been "intoxicated" during the call.

Who drunk dials their star player? He probably went off on Dwight.

That is so full of win it's not funny. How great is that? Can you imagine what that phone call would have looked like if Dan Gilbert called LeBron last year?

They don't have the pieces to trade for both. I think they probably end up with Paul, not Howard.

Just my guess though.

They don't have the pieces to trade for both. I think they probably end up with Paul, not Howard.

Just my guess though.

RoyceWebb Royce Webb, ESPN NBA
In case you're wondering whether the Lakers might end up with a Big 3 of Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant ... the answer is no.

Probably just bs headlines from ESPN. They want to be first to break any story, and it drives ratings.

At least one general manager believes the Magic won't trade Dwight Howard to the Lakers.

Orlando would let Howard sign outright in free agency "rather than take garbage the Lakers would offer," said the GM. "Nobody wants their old guys."

Via Sam Amico/Fox Sport Ohio (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ke_Offer_From_Lakers_For_Howard#ixzz1fo3IqyzJ

It's getting crazy. The Magic have called a press conference tomorrow morning. All sorts of speculation in every different direction.

Last edited:
The Rockets, Celtics and Mavericks have told the Hornets that they are prepared to trade for Chris Paul without an assurance that he would sign a long-term deal.

Boston is believed to have the best potential offer out of those three teams since they would include Rajon Rondo.

Those so-called gambling teams would almost certainly beat any deal that the Knicks could offer, even though they are widely presumed to be Paul's preferred destination.

Via Chris Broussard, Marc Stein/ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...rade_For_Paul_Without_Assurance#ixzz1fo7rFngA

Doc Rivers probably talked to Dwight at length, seeing that both live in Orlando.

:)

Had to McD5.....lol

Doc Rivers probably talked to Dwight at length, seeing that both live in Orlando.

:)

Had to McD5.....lol

Too cold up there my friend. Here's one for you though. Notice the special emphasis. :)

On the first day NBA teams could contact players directly, Danny Ainge made clear his desire to keep his own house in order.

With a clear and critical need to bring in new talent, one of the first calls the Celtics president made was to one of his own free agents, Glen Davis.

“It’s my understanding that Danny called Glen early this morning and expressed his desire to have Glen back,” said John Hamilton, Davis’ representative.

Hamilton wouldn’t say much beyond that, but the sides have been talking for several days about what it will take to retain Big Baby.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217045/Ainge_Celtics_Reach_Out_To_Glen_Davis#ixzz1foCXt89t

So they want Big Baby, but want Rondo is up in the air?

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/33733675

According to a person familiar with the discussions, the Celtics offered Rajon Rondo, two future first-round picks, and restricted free agent Jeff Green in a sign-and-trade for Paul.

The impetus behind the Celtics' potential rental offer for Paul was intriguing: Come to Boston, take a shot at winning a title with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett while the window is still open, and then have enough room to entice Dwight Howard to come on board as an unrestricted free agent next summer. Garnett and Allen come off the books July 1, leaving the Celtics with only $30.4 million in committed salary for next season, when Howard can opt out of his contract with Orlando.

Though Paul has never expressed a desire to play in Boston, if he liked his new surroundings and the Celtics' chances of luring Howard, he would be in a championship-contending situation and could get his max deal of five years, $100 million six months after the trade.

McD5 said:
So they want Big Baby, but want Rondo is up in the air?

Rondo's jumper.

What you've always pointed out McD5. I had hoped he would develop that but I guess it's not happening.

As for baby? I have no clue. I want him gone.

Hate his game and his selfishness.

I'm not sure that Rondo and two late first round picks would be enough to get it done. And Dwight hates the cold.

But it's good to have dreams. :)

Rondo's jumper.

What you've always pointed out McD5. I had hoped he would develop that but I guess it's not happening.

As for baby? I have no clue. I want him gone.

Hate his game and his selfishness.

It really is a shame. He could be fantastic if he could simply hit jumpers or FTs. He should have taken 200 of each every single day this offseason. For his sake, I hope he did. For my team's sake, I hope he didn't.

The biggest coaching error in Van Gundy's career was not playing hack-a-Rondo, and making him shoot. Terrible coaching. It drove me insane. Now the analysts and coaches are starting to catch on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.