• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The NBA Season Is Saved

So the Celtics pickup Dooling, Chris Wilcox and trade for Bass.

McD5,

Tell me about Brandon Bass?

He's very solid. You'll be happy. Mark Cuban says "He has the best mid-range jumper I've ever seen." I can't disagree with that.

He's lights out as a shooter within fifteen feet.

Negatives? He's a little stiff. He doesn't pass. Literally, he doesn't pass. I believe I saw 75 or more games last season. I really don't believe I saw five passes the entire year.

Basically, he sets up, someone throws him the ball, and he shoots. That's what he does. And he's good at it. But not behind the line.

As far as personality goes? He's silent. That isn't a bad thing. He isn't a distraction. He puts his head down(not literally) and plays. But he doesn't seem to have a personality.

Danny Ainge workin' hard. :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y..._SFDO8vLYF?slug=ys-nba_free_agent_buzz_120911

Free-agent forward David West is nearing an agreement to join the Boston Celtics on a three-year deal that will pay him between $27 million and $29 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics are working to complete a sign-and-trade deal with the New Orleans Hornets, and are expected to include center Jermaine O’Neal and guard Sasha Pavlovic. The Hornets are believed to have a third team willing to take O’Neal, the veteran center.

Hey DP, how are they going to repair Rondo's ego from these trade talks? Seems to me he has always been a little fragile.

David West would be a nice addition Diesel. Add that to Bass, and you are looking good.

Rumors are circulating about the new Lakers/Paul trade proposal. Some reports speculate that the Lakers are now being forced to add Bynum into the mix to make the trade fair.

Bynum gone, and Okafor to the Lakers. Nothing official yet. Other sources continue to report that it's Odom, and not Bynum.

Last edited:
Looks like a deal that is almost identical to the one Stern vetoed two days ago. I can't see the problem with this trade, the Hornets are getting 4 players and a 1st round pick for one guy. Not shabby, if you ask me.

Granted, it might elevate the Lakers, even after giving up Gasol and Odom. Especially if the manage to get Howard from the Magic in a deal involving Bynum as has been speculated about for a bit.

And the craziness continues at rapid pace:

Lakers pull out of Chris Paul sweepstakes.

The Lakers have pulled out of three-team trade talks that would have netted them Chris Paul.

The NBA rejected an agreed upon trade on Thursday between the Lakers, Hornets and Rockets. The Lakers agreed to acquire Paul in exchange for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. Houston would acquire for Gasol while sending Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Goran Dragic and a first round pick. The Hornets would receive Odom, along with Martin, Scola, Dragic and the first round pick.

Sources say the Lakers will instead trade Odom to the Mavericks for their traded player exception that was acquired from the Knicks for Tyson Chandler.

And now? They are going after the big guy. Bynum and Gasol is my guess.

Personally, I want neither.

The Lakers have pulled out of Chris Paul trade talks and will trade Lamar Odom to the Mavericks for a traded player exception that was acquired for Tyson Chandler.

Dallas will send unspecified draft considerations to the Lakers.

"The Lakers are shifting toward trying to make a Dwight Howard deal."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217345/Lakers_Set_Sights_On_Dwight_Howard#ixzz1gCbaCF6U

Last edited:
Kobe and Howard isn't going to be enough to win titles, I don't think. You need three, not two. Kobe is wearing down, Dwight's gonna have to carry that team if this happens.

First Shaq leaves, now Dwight.

Magic fans have to be saying "not again!!".

The NBA has really screwed itself when it comes to competitive balance and will never be as popular as they could be on account of it.

Orlando was lucky enough to find two,rare, franchise centers and could keep neither.

League needs something along the lines of a franchise tag...

Hey DP, how are they going to repair Rondo's ego from these trade talks? Seems to me he has always been a little fragile.
On the face of it..seems to be handling it well. Maybe he's matured?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2011/12/10/rondo_has_firm_grip_on_reins/

Instead of avoiding the media horde that waited eagerly for his reaction to the weeklong trade rumors for Chris Paul, Rondo voluntarily approached the group after a long shooting session with Marquis Daniels and was prepared for all questions, from all angles.

He gave thoughtful, concise answers, showing real emotion and an obvious desire to remain in Boston. And more encouraging for Celtics fans was that Rondo appears to understand that these rumors are not to be taken personally.

Kobe and Howard isn't going to be enough to win titles, I don't think. You need three, not two. Kobe is wearing down, Dwight's gonna have to carry that team if this happens.

Right and Paul will be a FA at the end of this very short season. :)

See, I have read reports that he wants to play in either NY or LA. Didn't think NY was a done deal as of yet. Frankly, if NY is a done deal for him then LA can't sign him to an extension so they would be giving up Gasol and Odom for a 5 month rental. I would not be in favor of that so happy this deal has fallen through.

Yeah, makes sense. I think the Hornet are incredibly smart for doing this now and saving themselves the drama of "The Decision", plus, they are able to get $.75-.80 on the dollar instead of $.25 they would get if they waited. That trade Stern vetoed was actually a pretty good deal for the Hornet, and a pretty bad one for LA, quite frankly. If Paul had bolted for NY or elsewhere, the Lakers would have been screwed.

I am not sure why LA would want to give up so much front court power for a point guard? Paul is outstanding, but also oft-injured, and Kobe is getting older. If anything, Howard should be the play with Bynum and Odom if the Magic would take it.

Jeebus. Howard, Gasol and Kobe?

Yikes.

If I'm Otis Smith--who gives Vinny Cerrato a run for his money, I'm not even sleeping for the next three days.

Instead, I'm taking advantage of the Lakers giving up on Chris Paul, and I'm going after him with everything I've got.

A deal that would send David West to the Celtics via sign-and-trade is now dead.

Boston was unable to find a taker for Jermaine O'Neal.

West has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal with the Pacers.

Via David Aldridge/NBA.com (via Twitter)

Magic tell Dwight Howard to prepare to stay put for the foreseeable future.

When Dwight Howard asked to be traded, the Magic informed him that the team will not let his request dictate their timetable for a decision.

"ources close to the team said there will be no rush to judgment on Howard's fate, no matter how uncomfortable the relationship might get leading up to the March trade deadline," writes Sam Amick. "When Howard requested a trade earlier this week, the source said he was told the Magic wouldn't succumb to the mounting pressure and that Howard should be prepared to play for the Magic for the foreseeable future."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Stay_Put_For_Foreseeable_Future#ixzz1gGf7TDyQ

The Rockets are close to signing Marc Gasol to a max contract offer sheet worth $55 million over four seasons.

Houston is working on a sign-and-trade with Memphis to secure him.

The Grizzlies have been expected to retain Gasol, with the idea that they would match nearly an offer he would receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.