• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kyle Orton waived by Broncos

I don't get this fascination with Flynn.

What the hell has he done to deserve it ?

All it takes for Skins fans to obsess about a QB is:
a) He plays for another team
b) He could be substituted for '_________' (insert current Skins QB here)
c) He hasn't sucked behind center for the Redskins (yet)

That's about it.

All it takes for Skins fans to obsess about a QB is:
a) He plays for another team
b) He could be substituted for '_________' (insert current Skins QB here)
c) He hasn't sucked behind center for the Redskins (yet)

That's about it.

"A" doesn't always apply.

He doesn't necessarily have to even play for another team.

He can be on the Redskins (or even their Practice Squad) and be their future legend, as long as he's never taken a regular season snap as a Redskin. :laugh:

Hell, people area already calling for Crompton :laugh:

I was gonna stay out of this but it seems a few jabs were thrown my way so I will respond.

I do not look at Matt Flynn as a savior of this organization. I do not seem him as the great hope that will start for the next 10 years. What I have seen from him is a solid QB who was plugged into an offense that was extremely depleted of much of their talent to due to injury last year when the kid went in and had a very solid performance against the Pats. OK, it was just one game, but pretty impressive to say the least.

So, as it stands what do we have in house? The Beck experiment is over! Rex? Well, I would not be a bit surprised if he were here again next year, if for nothing else...a solid veteran backup. He is a solid veteran backup.

We are likely going to draft someone early in the 1st round to be our "franchise" QB. Well, our offensive line is in terrible shape so we need major upgrades there too. The worst thing we could do is throw a rookie QB to the wolves without a halfway decent offensive line. He'll get killed.

We need someone who is capable of making quick reads, who has a quick release and has the confidence to be a leader.

Rex has proven he has those characteristics, half the time. Just flip a coin and that's about the odds you will have a solid game from Rex. We are going to have a rookie, so why not bring in another young QB who has the ability to start right away, perhaps even have some success? Matt Flynn looks like a young QB who could do that.

That's why I would like him signed. Not because I think he is going to be the franchise QB. I am not 100% certain Flynn is going to perform like he did more often than not, but what else do we have?

Now I know some will say, we need to draft the future QB and I am not saying we shouldn't. All I am saying is bring in as much talent at the position as possible because the current QB situation in DC is a very bad one. He is definitely not worse than Beck!

I agree about Flynn. He has played really well when given the opportunity. Which includes the game against NE last year. What I liked best about the way he played was the game wasn't to big for him. His first start, Sunday Night Football against the New England Patriots and he played better than anyone expected. Plus as EL mentioned the Packers were beat up in that game. The O-line last year in GB was terrible (still better than ours, but not by much) and he came within a hair of winning that game. That game is what got GB going, and they haven't lost since.

I would sign Flynn and draft a QB. We need a starting QB and let's face it we don't know if Flynn is the answer or not, let's increase our chance for success by doing both. Plus, if we have Flynn and need to give him a shot and our rookie can set back and get caught up on the speed of the NFL. If Flynn works out then great if he doesn't we have a nice QB option we can bring in and see what he can do. I have said it before and I will say it again Ryan Tannehill from Texas A & M needs some time to develop but I think he could be a very good QB in the NFL. Bring both in and let them learn the system.

Yeah, we can bring him in and have him compete with Grossman, just like the Bears did in the mid-2000s. Chicago learned years ago that neither had what it takes. Now instead of learning from others' mistakes we can repeat them, just 5 years later. Great idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.