• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Black Friday Online Deals

I refuse to go to stores for these deals, but I will shop from the comfort of my own home for them!

Here is a list of the DVD deals that Amazon.com will be featuring in the next few days: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...ile-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

Post your own (if you'd like).
I found a cheaper place for Blu-Ray movies....

http://thepiratebay.org

I heard a rumor that Kindles will be going for around $16 on Black Friday. Although the deal is phenomenal, as a product it is infinitely inferior to the Nook Color.

Well, for those of us who don't steal our movies, amazon is a good bet.

I love my Kindle - the e-ink is the best product on the market. Who needs color for an e-reader? Silly. If you're going to spend the extra money, might as well get a tablet. This is the reason I think the Kindle Fire is dumb also...you lose the one thing that gives the Kindle the un-deniable edge in the e-reader field, the e-ink.

Well, for those of us who don't steal our movies, amazon is a good bet.
Using The Pirate Bay is no more stealing than videotaping and cassette recording in the 80s and 90s. As evidenced by TPB's winning streak in the courts all over the world, and why they've won every attempt to shut them down.

I love my Kindle - the e-ink is the best product on the market. Who needs color for an e-reader? Silly. If you're going to spend the extra money, might as well get a tablet. This is the reason I think the Kindle Fire is dumb also...you lose the one thing that gives the Kindle the un-deniable edge in the e-reader field, the e-ink.
Says the guy who jumped on the e-reader bandwagon before the better product came out :laugh:

Like anything else, it's all a matter of preference. When my wife got the Nook Color for Christmas last year, I laughed about it just as you're doing. I too liked the e-ink and thought the more realistic paper look was more appealing. After using the Nook Color though, it's not even close. It does so much more than its detractors realize.

Not only can you read books, magazine, etc. on it, but you can also watch movies, tv shows, play games, download apps, write and publish your own ebooks, surf the internet, transfer files between your Nook and your computer, listen to the radio, make phone calls.....all things that e-ink can't hold a candle to. And it's entirely touch screen. It even has voice command software.

What it amounts to is that the Nook Color is a high efficiency, high definition tablet PC/smartphone/ereader all in one product. The best part is, it's way cheaper than any product on the market that has the same capabilities. If you have a Nook Color, laptops and smartphones become completely obsolete. And you don't have to pay for internet service.

So while you fantasize about how beautiful e-ink looks, I can do on one thing what it takes you multiple products to do.

As far as e-ink giving the Kindle an undeniable edge in the e-reader field, how can you make that claim when the Kindle has been out a lot longer, and the Nook Color has just overtaken it as number 1 in units sold? All that while costing twice the price on average.

Naw, the Nook Color was out when I got the Kindle (I got my Kindle this year, around July-ish). I prefer the basic e-reader as it has more of a book feel.

Again, keep adding features to an e-reader, and you just have a tablet. Not what I want.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the merits of different e-readers (or in general just write another 12 pages about why I'm wrong), please start another thread.

Naw, the Nook Color was out when I got the Kindle (I got my Kindle this year, around July-ish). I prefer the basic e-reader as it has more of a book feel.
I don't get it then, why not just by the book? They generally cost the same price in print.

Again, keep adding features to an e-reader, and you just have a tablet. Not what I want.
That's understandable, that's why I said it was a matter of preference.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the merits of different e-readers (or in general just write another 12 pages about why I'm wrong), please start another thread.
Really? You couldn't just be an adult and ask nicely without doing your typical underhanded remark? You sure have perfected walking the fine line of the rules of this forum. :bitingmytongueuntilitbleeds:

I've been a big fan of newegg.com for years, but this so- called Black Friday sale is a scam.

Here are the prices of the items from their front row of Black Friday deals.....

GARMIN nüvi 1450 LMT: $299 (full price at overstock.com is $138)

Transcend 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card with Adapter: $23.99 (Amazon.com full price is $14.53)

ViewSonic VFA720W-50 7" Digital Photo Frame: $39.99 (Amazon.com full price is $29.99)

Polk Audio RM 95 5CH Satellite Speaker System: $349.99 (Amazon.com full price is $269.99)

You'd actually save $260.46 by paying full price for these items instead of buying them on sale at Newegg.

Just like with any "sale" everyone should shop around and make sure it really is the best deal. To me, it looks like Newegg.com is using their reputation of being low priced to scam people into fawning over their "super" Black Friday deals.

I don't get it then, why not just by the book? They generally cost the same price in print.

Space. I have overflowing bookshelves as is. We just bought our 11 year old her own Kindle for her birthday, and she loves it, and we love it because we don't have any space to put anymore books.

nice...i need to find sons of anarchy 1 and 2

They had Sons, but I think it was yesterday because I can't find it on the list anywhere. Keep an eye out though, it might still be coming up.

Letme know how you like Mad Men. I bought seasons 1-4 last year on an Amazon sale, sight unseen, and love that series. What a great show, can't wait for January.

I've seen seasons 1 and 2, they are great! I can't remember if I've seen season 3 or not though.

I've been a big fan of newegg.com for years, but this so- called Black Friday sale is a scam.

Here are the prices of the items from their front row of Black Friday deals.....

GARMIN nüvi 1450 LMT: $299 (full price at overstock.com is $138)

Transcend 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card with Adapter: $23.99 (Amazon.com full price is $14.53)

ViewSonic VFA720W-50 7" Digital Photo Frame: $39.99 (Amazon.com full price is $29.99)

Polk Audio RM 95 5CH Satellite Speaker System: $349.99 (Amazon.com full price is $269.99)

You'd actually save $260.46 by paying full price for these items instead of buying them on sale at Newegg.

Just like with any "sale" everyone should shop around and make sure it really is the best deal. To me, it looks like Newegg.com is using their reputation of being low priced to scam people into fawning over their "super" Black Friday deals.

I am really confused by your post, which does not reflect what I am seeing at all.

The Garmin is listed at $130, the frame is $30, etc. Where are you seeing what you posted?

Space. I have overflowing bookshelves as is. We just bought our 11 year old her own Kindle for her birthday, and she loves it, and we love it because we don't have any space to put anymore books.
Yeah, that was one of those stupid questions that occurred to me after I submitted it :laugh:

I am really confused by your post, which does not reflect what I am seeing at all.

The Garmin is listed at $130, the frame is $30, etc. Where are you seeing what you posted?
Holy **** :laugh: I thought you were screwing with me, so I had to go back and check. I promise you the prices listed now were not the same as the prices listed when the link was posted.

I guess it is a good deal :D

They are lying about the before prices though. The speakers listed now for $179.99, were $349.99 and they are claiming they were $599.99. I don't get why they feel the need to exaggerate the deals, it's still a low ass price.

Mike, Sons will be on sale Monday from 12:30-4:30 PST for $9.99 a season. But buy them right at 12:30, they sell out pretty quickly.

That's a good deal also - Season One lists for $38!

WOW

thanks man..Im on it!

edit: looking on amazon and i cant find it

Check the link in my first post, that shows the upcoming schedule. Remember, they're not at that price until Monday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.