• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DeAngelo Hall......Should we ??

Keep playinghim.one, we don't have anyone else in the bullpen. Two, I see him kinda like a "Hands of Stone" type. Carlos could cover, and I think we've missed that this year. He just couldn't hold on to a pick until this year. Now with Hall we have someone that can pick, just can't cover all that well

And the thing that annoys me most is his mouth. It's cool to run your yap if you're Darrell Green or playing to that level. But don't suck ass and run your pie hole

And the thing that annoys me most is his mouth. It's cool to run your yap if you're Darrell Green or playing to that level. But don't suck ass and run your pie hole

That drives me insane. He got burned twice by Dez yesterday early on, then made a decent play on Jesse Holley (I think), and got up and posed and yapped. Dude, STFU and play. When you are considered in the same breath with Revis, you can talk. Until then, please shut up.

I believe Asomugha on got a 1 yr deal. For some reason want to say at least one other of the Eagle corners will be a FA next year. I don't think the Eagles will have the money to resign all these guys next year.

We have the money to spend, so who knows we may upgrade the secondary in FA this year. To upgrade our talent the FO will have look at free agents.

I believe Asomugha on got a 1 yr deal. For some reason want to say at least one other of the Eagle corners will be a FA next year. I don't think the Eagles will have the money to resign all these guys next year.

I just checked, Asomugha signed a 5 year deal with the Eagles (you had me excited for a minute). They got Rodgers-Cromartie in the trade for Kevin Kolb. He signed a 15 million dollar 5 year deal in July.

I think you might be thinking about Asante Samuel who is signed for the next two seasons but has been unhappy about being the 3rd corner. He’s counting 9.3 against their cap this year and will count 9.5 next year and 11.5 in 2013 http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/asante-samuel/

Don't know many teams who can afford to keep a 9 1/2 million dollar player as a nickel corner.

Last edited:
Sorry for the false alarm Hog. For some reason I thought the Eagles signed all these guys to one year deals.

I did find this.
Salary cap space, as of November 20

Cowboys: $18.2 million.
Redskins: $11.9 million.
Eagles: $5.3 million.
Giants: $1.7 million.

Now Jabar Gaffney is in the news for telling a Cowboy fan to kill himself.
Geez, I wish our players would STFU. We get enough bad publicity from our team's embarrassing play, now we don't need to compound it by bringing attention to our dumb remarks about it.

Yea, seems like the media has it out for us this week.
There's at least THREE articles on Yahoo about "mistakes" that Skins players and coaches made in relation to the game. Including the Hall, Gaffney, and now there's an article about how Shanahan gave the Cowboys a free pass by calling timeout, when the Cowboys tried to do so, when they didn't have any, which would have given them delay of game.
The media sure is having fun with this one. I've never seen such obsession over one game.

The media sure is having fun with this one. I've never seen such obsession over one game.

Well, to be fair, it's very uncommon for a player to just come right out and say that he should be cut. I can't remember that happening very often.

Secondly, that move by Shanny arguably lost the game. Was it as sad as watching Gibbs against Buffalo? No. But it was a pretty bad mistake.

And the Gaffney thing....I don't know. Those first two are pretty wild events though.

Last edited:
OK, the thing with Shanahan is a non story as far as I am concerned. Half the coaches in the league could have done the same thing. He was calling for the TO even before Romo moved and he could not have predicted Tony would do that. He got unlucky, that's all.

OK, the thing with Shanahan is a non story as far as I am concerned. Half the coaches in the league could have done the same thing. He was calling for the TO even before Romo moved and he could not have predicted Tony would do that. He got unlucky, that's all.

Here's why I think it is more of an issue than you seem to here. Shanahan was the first coach to apply this tactic if memory serves me correctly. And while it worked very well back then, it seems to have less success now. It doesn't really work anymore, so don't do it every time and if you're going to do it, wait until the very last second.

If he had waited til the very last second, Romo was trying to call the time out. He has to pay attention to the holder in that scenario and judge when to call it if he should call it at all. In his case, the kicker is likely coached to expect it. If he doesn't call it, it is almost as much of a surprise, no? So don't make the call anymore. In this case if he didn't, yesterday may have been different. But you know what they say, if I had tits I'd be a...

El, how do you know when the very last second is?

The Shanahan timeout is a non-story as far as I'm concerned. Too many variables we'll never know the answer to. And this season is lost, so if we're OK with the young guys making mistakes, why not Shanny too? As long as he learns from it and doesn't repeat himself next year when the games (hopefully) matter, I'm good with it.

The Shanahan timeout is a non-story as far as I'm concerned. Too many variables we'll never know the answer to. And this season is lost, so if we're OK with the young guys making mistakes, why not Shanny too? As long as he learns from it and doesn't repeat himself next year when the games (hopefully) matter, I'm good with it.

Study tape on the holder, his mannerisms. It's pretty simple.

As for Shanahan making mistakes, I disagree. He is a seasoned coach. He gets no pass.

As for the season, I agree it's over and we are faced with being the laughing stock of the NFC East again. It just doesn't make it any easier to swallow no matter how "accustomed" we are getting at this point in the season.

As for Shanahan making mistakes, I disagree. He is a seasoned coach. He gets no pass.

As for the season, I agree it's over and we are faced with being the laughing stock of the NFC East again. It just doesn't make it any easier to swallow no matter how "accustomed" we are getting at this point in the season.

Yep Goal, you can't lump Shanny in with the rookies and their mistakes. He's a far cry from a rookie :laugh:

Especially considering he ironically "invented" the "icing of the kicker" :laugh:

Last edited:

Yep Goal, you can't lump Shanny in with the rookies and their mistakes. He's a far cry from a rookie :laugh:

Especially considering he ironically "invented" the "icing of the kicker" :laugh:

Listen, I understand the frustration, and share it with everyone. It was a dumb move, and it cost us. But, if this is the play that causes him to either drop that move from his repertoire completely, or at least study those tendencies more to make sure he gets it right, then I would rather this play happen during a lost season than one that matters. That's all.

As others have said, I don't think we can cut Hall, simply because of the lack of talent behind him. Barnes hasn't really stepped into a starter's role (surprise, surprise, another failed Snyderatto draft pick!), and I have zero idea why Buchanon was even re-signed if he was injured.

Maaaaaybe Thompson can step up next year? Shanny has found corners in the later rounds before, maybe he hit on Thompson as well? Even if that is true, we still need a couple more solid cover guys before we can even think about cutting Hall.

As far as the timeout goes in overtime, I agree with Goal that its a non-issue. Its "Redskins-fan Syndrome" as I like to call it - place the blame for the loss on one play, while the entire game leading up to it is ignored. I do think that "icing the kicker" is ridiculous, and the failure rate seems to be much higher for the B&G than any other team (or maybe it just seems that way).

The Redskins don't have a corner that can man cover. DB is the one area of the defense that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

Seen enough of Westbrook and Barnes to see they are not the answer.

Hall is a boom/bust player. He makes plays but gives them back. He is the ultimate 50/50.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

As far as the timeout goes in overtime, I agree with Goal that its a non-issue. Its "Redskins-fan Syndrome" as I like to call it - place the blame for the loss on one play, while the entire game leading up to it is ignored. I do think that "icing the kicker" is ridiculous, and the failure rate seems to be much higher for the B&G than any other team (or maybe it just seems that way).

I want to preface this by saying this is not me going after Lanky. I am simply challenging you to show where anyone was suggesting the time out was the reason for the loss. I think what makes that play stand out is that it was a missed opportunity to make Romo look like the idiot he is. Admit it, that would have been GREAT! If Romo had called the TO, they would have had to try to gain that yardage back for the FG since it was 3rd down, Kerrigan gets the push around the corner, sacks Romo, someone picks up the fumble and runs it back for a TD and Dallas implodes after that the rest of the season?

And while I agree there is a deep seeded case of Redskins Fan Syndrome throughout the interwebz, I am not so sure that's the case here. To me and many others, this alleged growing process does not warrant confidence that we are headed in the right direction and this "icing" call is just another in a long line of questionable coaching.

I think the timeout call was just yet another screw up in a season filled with them, and Shanny needs to learn how to pay attention. icing the kicker doesnt work anyway, and it may even have the opposite effect. a kicker waiting for the time out may not be as mentally ready to make the kick. lol either way Shanny had better have a flawless season when it comes to mistakes , because we all know this team isnt gonna show improvements in many other places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.